Price drop

barrelracer89

Do a few weeks ago I noticed that the price for my cruise dropped. I called my PVP and he said yes it did but I would have to change my booking. I was early saver but now I'm not. He also said since I have changed my booking I can't change it again even if I find a lower price. I just wanted to see if I did the right thing or if my PVP did the right thing for me

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do a few weeks ago I noticed that the price for my cruise dropped. I called my PVP and he said yes it did but I would have to change my booking. I was early saver but now I'm not. He also said since I have changed my booking I can't change it again even if I find a lower price. I just wanted to see if I did the right thing or if my PVP did the right thing for me

If you are close to sailing I would say you probably done the right thing but if not it is really to late to worry about it now!! Enjoy the savings you got and enjoy your cruise!!

Yes that is what happened

When you match out to a guarantee, you're no longer ES and price matching no longer applies after final payment.

Always be careful when comparing those fares that seem lower but could restrict your future opportunities.

Edited by StolidCruiser

Yes that is what happened

Plenty of people do guarantees and are happy. Plenty of people do guarantees and aren't. Be prepared for the worst cabin available in that category, hope for the best or even maybe an upgrade. It's a roll of the dice as to what you get.

I am way too picky to ever let Carnival choose my room so I wouldn't have done it. But it is a popular option and if it saves you money and that's what is important to you then you did the right thing. If you are like me and get woken up easily, then it might not have been because you could be put somewhere that is above, below, or next to something that could keep you up all night or wake you up early in the morning. I would be totally miserable if that happened so I always pick my cabin.

But it's already done and you can't go back so keep thinking positive thoughts and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to get a cabin that you will be absolutely thrilled with. Don't worry about it too much. Hopefully you'll get your cabin assigned soon and you'll see that it's in a good spot. If not you know to pack ear plugs and a sound machine.

I have done this type of cabin before and was upgraded to an ocean view. The way I feel is there is no bad cabin on a cruise and this got me and my sister in law some OBC

Plenty of people do guarantees and are happy. Plenty of people do guarantees and aren't. Be prepared for the worst cabin available in that category, hope for the best or even maybe an upgrade. It's a roll of the dice as to what you get.

I am way too picky to ever let Carnival choose my room so I wouldn't have done it. But it is a popular option and if it saves you money and that's what is important to you then you did the right thing. If you are like me and get woken up easily, then it might not have been because you could be put somewhere that is above, below, or next to something that could keep you up all night or wake you up early in the morning. I would be totally miserable if that happened so I always pick my cabin.

But it's already done and you can't go back so keep thinking positive thoughts and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to get a cabin that you will be absolutely thrilled with. Don't worry about it too much. Hopefully you'll get your cabin assigned soon and you'll see that it's in a good spot. If not you know to pack ear plugs and a sound machine.

I have done this type of cabin before and was upgraded to an ocean view.

The way I feel is there is no bad cabin on a cruise and this got me and my sister in law some OBC

You have made the right decision then. Enjoy the cruise with your SIL!