Boarding today - quick question! (Canada Place)

ShyannDay

Hi All,

I think I know the answer but please give your input as speedy as possible. I am boarding today - the NA for an Alaskan cruise. I have my elderly Aunt and Uncle with me and we are in Neptune Suites - my Aunt requires a wheelchair for boarding. What time should we arrive at Canada Place? I was planning on 11am but a taxi driver I spoke with said that was much too early. I need the advice of you seasoned cruisers! Please reply soonest.

Thank you!!

Hi All,

I think I know the answer but please give your input as speedy as possible. I am boarding today - the NA for an Alaskan cruise. I have my elderly Aunt and Uncle with me and we are in Neptune Suites - my Aunt requires a wheelchair for boarding. What time should we arrive at Canada Place? I was planning on 11am but a taxi driver I spoke with said that was much too early. I need the advice of you seasoned cruisers! Please reply soonest.

Thank you!!

You can arrive at 11 am, but I will tell you that boarding at Canada Place can be quite chaotic, depending how many ships are in port. You may have to wait awhile before boarding and the line can be very long. However, you have nothing to lose by trying. You could go later and still find a lineup or you could just walk right in. Hard to say. We usually arrive before 11am and then just wait.

Thank you Lady Arwen. So... 10:45ish? Also - do you know exaactly where I should tell the cab driver to drop us? I'm nervous about the wait for my Aunt and Uncle.

Easy, just tell them you want the cruise terminal at Canada Place and they will drop you at the door. Tell them which ship, too.

Thank you so much everyone who replied!! I really appreciate it. I thought that taxi driver (a local) was misinformed but he swore up and down. Anyway - we're off - hopefully to a great cruise!!!!! :):):):):)

He's an idiot. Hope you are on your way - we always arrive around 10:30. If you are getting wheelchair assistance, there is a special room where you wait, just past the luggage drop off. If they haven't changed the system since May - I hear check-in is in a different area.

Thank you so much everyone who replied!! I really appreciate it. I thought that taxi driver (a local) was misinformed but he swore up and down. Anyway - we're off - hopefully to a great cruise!!!!! :):):):):)

Enjoy Alaska! It is magnificent!