96 hours "Live" Part Deux, Freedom of the Seas - August 28, 2016

I promised some info on MDR, so here it is.

We were scheduled for 1st seating MDR. We always stop by dining room to see our table. It was on Deck 3, a 4 top with 5 chairs. :eek::eek:

Off to the hostess desk on 4 we go. We asked for a large table, but they only had them for late sitting. We agreed and ended up on Deck 4, near the windows with a 10 top against a wall. Not the best, but late seating might be fun. It was.

Anyway, what I wanted to share is we never had all ten at the table. We and another couple came every night, one couple came 4 times and the other couple came twice. The one couple never came. It's just odd sitting 4 people at a 10 top, but that seems to be the norm these days. We did go through the WJ one night just to check it out around 7:30. It seemed busy, just not for us though.

That's all I have, happy sailing. MJ in January. :D:D

Edited by John&LaLa

Sorry, this should work.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=51039716

I think at the top of the single post you went to earlier is a link to go to the other posts. Hard to see because of the header color. Anyway, the one above works fine

John, great review and follow thru with posting the compasses. They look perfect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetocruisee View Post

OK thanks... I'll have to look for "Heidi".

Kevin

Thanks... I will copy this... and look (and say "hi"):D

Kevin

Just got off the Freedom and Heidi was amazing. She made awesome drinks. I told her she is already an internet superstar!!! If you like sweet drinks also try her Port & Cognac cocktail.

Thanks for posting the Compasses.... I like to be prepared, and although I realize that they may not be identical to what we will have when we sail on 11/12, I know some key events to look forward to. My husband is a big jazz and big band fan, I saw a few things that will interest him in that arena.

• 1 month later...

Well, just stopping by to let folks know I found out where Freedom is debarking from on November 4 (the sailing leaving on Oct 30). She will be docking at T6 over on the north side. I assume they will have shuttles running for those parked in the T1 garage. I'm not sure when she leaves for PE, I hope to get some pics of her final, :( albeit empty, sailaway.

Shout out to Kay (Cruising Grandma) for sharing this information.

• 1 month later...
Sitting in Boleros, somewhere off the coast of Cuba. No rain but still windy. Internet connection is good, but speed is abysmal. Here are some pics of our cabin.

c1c16a420052f10572af86766f5fd0fd.jpg

We thought we had to put our seapass in the light switch, but it turns out that any card will work.

82aa22bf2d662516f46f964c51092650.jpg

The slider says that air conditioning won't work if door is not locked, but that is not accurate.

fb675fbfd1b80abcaee2732f66995cff.jpg

There is also a child lock on the slider for those worried about safety.

e0c150baa449835c171a005e300c6b12.jpg

The TV is really big.

11b94f4d02286371ebdb7467ba57e9cf.jpg

Balcony is small, but chairs recline and our cabin steward brought us a foot stool. We also have the tall table.

2b0b2581fc45eb271fcadebbdc60f6cb.jpg

Some of this is probably unique to these new cabins added during last drydock

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for posting these pics of the cabin. My DH and I will be transferring to this cabin next December on our 2nd leg of our B2B cruise. Do you have anything else that you can share about cabin 1890? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Thank you so much for posting these pics of the cabin. My DH and I will be transferring to this cabin next December on our 2nd leg of our B2B cruise. Do you have anything else that you can share about cabin 1890? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I'd love to help, but not really sure what you are looking for. Anything in particular i can help you with?

Guess the normal questions asked about the stateroom:

Did you experience any issues with the location of stateroom?

Is this a quiet stateroom?

Any specific problems you experienced with the stateroom?

Did you feel the stateroom had adequate space for two?

Compare to other E2 categories you might have stayed in, how would rate this stateroom?

Sorry for so many questions..

Again thank you for your input.

Day 6 Cozumel. Wind Jammer lunch was grilled fish.

Wahoo

Grouper

Butter Fish

Grilled Mahi

Terriaki Salmon

Shrimp

Mussels

Very good, and not crowded at all. Yesterday was Mongolian Grill in Jade

Thought I'd go back and 're live my last cruise.

Butter Fish. 😱

If I'd only known then what I do now. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

See below, I got to choose this cabin since it was my birthday cruise. I wanted to be up high and in the front. Overall, I enjoyed it. We did spend a lot of time walking down the hallway of deck 10 to get to the aft elevators.

Guess the normal questions asked about the stateroom:

Did you experience any issues with the location of stateroom? Most of the things we wanted to do were off of the Aft elevator bank, we prefer to be closer to that.

Is this a quiet stateroom? For the most part, no issues with the sundeck above and the door to the upper deck rarely banged at night

Any specific problems you experienced with the stateroom? Not a fan of the speaker on the balcony, plus the balcony was a little noisier than I'm used to. It whistled in the wind.

Did you feel the stateroom had adequate space for two? Totally adequate for two

Compare to other E2 categories you might have stayed in, how would rate this stateroom? The cabin felt a little deeper than typical E2, but the balcony floor was smaller

Sorry for so many questions..

Again thank you for your input.

Thank you for your input it really help. Our first leg is the week of my DH birthday and we have a JR suite located on deck 10 Aft. We love the Aft stateroom but there's no Aft available on the 2nd leg sail. Prefer higher deck so deck 12 forward was the only option. At least I know what to expect if we keep this stateroom.

Again thanks

Happy Holidays John&LaLa,

I thought of one more question :)

Where was the location for the Muster Drill?

Thanks.

C6, outside, it's on the room key in the pictures you quoted earlier. ;)

Edited by John&LaLa