Mitsugirlys FASCINATION with San Juan-review & pictorial

mitsugirly

P8130621%20copy-L.jpg

P8130623%20copy-L.jpg

P8130624%20copy-L.jpg

If you look in the following picture, in the purple section, you'll see a huge cage. This was another bird cage (I believe there was a macaw in there) that we didn't even notice until the last day.

P8130625%20copy-L.jpg

P8130627%20copy-L.jpg

P8130628%20copy-L.jpg

We discovered even more shopping areas that we hadn't in the beginning. Like seriously, you could live at this place and never have to leave and they would have everything you could possibly need. (Of course I'm sure that's their goal, which makes them more money)

P8130657%20copy-L.jpg

P8130658%20copy-L.jpg

P8130659%20copy-L.jpg

P8130660%20copy-L.jpg

P8130663%20copy-L.jpg

whew, that pretty much concludes my "tour" of this place. I did not adventure all over the place. There was just not enough time. We only went in a few different buildings and areas. So much to take in.

Now I thought that I read to sit on the left side of the plane to see the forts when coming in. But maybe I was wrong. I did not see any forts but was able to catch the beaches and hotels and I'm sure where we would be staying that last day of our "mini-land" vacation was somewhere in that mixture below.

P8110014%20copy-L.jpg

I spotted a ship!!!

P8110015%20copy-L.jpg

Boy did you just miss the forts!! On the first of these two pics at top center where you see the entrance to the San Juan bay, the right "finger" of land you see is where El Morro is located. On the second picture, El Morro is just outside of view on the left over by that green grass flat part. If you draw a shallow, diagonal line from right to left from the bow (front) of the Oasis (if I'm pretty sure that's the ship that was in port since I was in San Juan acting "touristy" that day...lol) towards the center top of the picture where you see a brown structure, that's Fort San Cristobal.

By the way I LOVE your reviews so, being that I'm on the Fascination in 6 weeks, this review is surely to get my juices flowing! I will be following along.

Great new review in process!

Thanks for feeding our review habit!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Habits are hard to break. Glad you are here.

Can't wait to read the rest! I'll be doing this exact same itinerary in 68 days. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This itinerary rocked! I have to say it's definitely one of my favorites. :)

Welcome Back! Looking forward to your review, this is still my favourite cruise port of departure and itinerary.

Thank you. Although I would like to say I'm glad to be back...my mind is really wishing I was back on the islands. :p

I think it has become one of mine too.

Looking forward to another great review

Thank you. I hope I don't disappoint. :)

You might try BookVip for a destination vacation. We didn't have an AI, but we got an amazing price on an eight day trip to Grand Cayman. It was amazing to be able to go to the beach, and often several beaches, each day. The snorkeling is great there (which I'm sure you know). But BookVip has many other options, and many AI's. The only thing is you have to sit through their 1.5/2 hour time share pitch. For as cheap as we got the hotel (like a 60-70% savings), it was completely worth it.

I will look into it. Thanks for the info. I have several sites that I was using and they had pretty good prices. I did some of those time share pictures back in the day when I was in my 20's with (I guess what you would call) no established "career" and very little money. Things were tight and it was worth it to be aggravated repeating the words "we're not interested" over and over once the "pitch" was over. These days, time is precious to me and I couldn't stand to have to go to one of those. LOL :p So it might not be the thing for us.

Yea Kim, glad y'all are back, waiting patiently for this review. We did this cruise last year and can't wait to do it again.

Yea, I will definitely be checking out cruising from here again. I really liked it.

Hi all!

Mitsugirly - so glad you've started your long awaited review. Thank you.

Eager to find out if you saw the bioluminescent bay & how you liked an older Carnival ship.

Jo

Glad to have you here. I hope you enjoy it.

WooHoo!!!!! I have been WAITING for your return, and another AWESOME, EPIC, review!:D:D

Love the blonde hair on you.

Cannot wait to read more. Would LOVE to do this cruise someday, but not on that ship.

Can't wait to see what you guys thought of it........

Patiently waiting for more......:D:D

Thanks and glad you are here. It really was an awesome cruise. :)

Getting out the popcorn....

We LOVED this same itinerary in January, although on the Liberty. And agree that San Juan is fantastic! Looking forward to new ideas for our next trip!:D

Glad to have you here. I hope I'm able to give you a few new ideas. :)

Yaye!

Just starting to read this, I just thought I would thank you once again for what I am sure will be a fantastic review.

I was on the fascination years ago and am anxious to hear your thoughts on the ship.

Thanks so much. I hope you enjoy it.

Yay!! I was patiently waiting for you to cruise again. I am already enjoying your TR.

Sakira is getting so big!! Love the blonde hair.

Thanks for being here. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for the compliments and yes, Sakari is growing fast.

Yay! I love your reviews Kim! This is the perfect thing for me to read, to get me excited for our upcoming cruise!!!:)

I hope you enjoy it. What cruise are you on next?

Yay! I'm so excited to read your review as the Southern Caribbean itinerary is one of my favorites!! Also, you actually DID see the forts from the plane. In the photos with the cruise ship docked at the pier, the fort is on the opposite coast right above the cruise ship. The other fort (El Morro) is to the right at the end of the peninsula. It is cut off in your photo, but I'm sure you saw it and didn't know what you were looking at :) All that green grass on the far right is the lawn in front of the fort.

Yea, it's now one of my favorites too.

I was looking at the pictures last night and did notice that I cut off El Morro. Darn. But you are right, it's hard to know you are actually looking at it unless you know where everything is. I'll know next time.

Oh my gosh! I can't believe you're back already! I cant wait to read this review.

Ikr...It's good to be back, but I miss it already. I hope you enjoy the review.

Great start, Kim! :) I'm really looking forward to this review. The itinerary looks great.

Heather

Thanks Heather. I'm glad you are here. If you haven't done this itinerary yet, BOOK IT! Seriously hands down one of the best.

Enjoying your review! I'd be really ticked off if they put stickers on my luggage. Do they expect you to carry "Goo-be-Gone" everywhere you go? Can't wait to see what you chose for excursions.

Right. It wouldn't be the last time stickers ended up on my luggage this time around either. The airport did it again coming home. :(

Subscribing. I always enjoy your reviews. I was very happy to see that you were starting another. Thank you:)

Thanks for being here.

Boy did you just miss the forts!! On the first of these two pics at top center where you see the entrance to the San Juan bay, the right "finger" of land you see is where El Morro is located. On the second picture, El Morro is just outside of view on the left over by that green grass flat part. If you draw a shallow, diagonal line from right to left from the bow (front) of the Oasis (if I'm pretty sure that's the ship that was in port since I was in San Juan acting "touristy" that day...lol) towards the center top of the picture where you see a brown structure, that's Fort San Cristobal.

By the way I LOVE your reviews so, being that I'm on the Fascination in 6 weeks, this review is surely to get my juices flowing! I will be following along.

Yea, I did end up figuring it out after posting this. I got onto google earth and located the area and how everything looked from above and found where they were at. I just wish I would have known what I was looking at while I was in the plane. :D

I hope you have a wonderful cruise on the Fascination.

Lovely review so far. I've subscribed. :)

Thanks for subscribing.

Wow that hotel is a destination in itself! I could easily spend a week or more there.:)

It is. Seriously, you could stay there for a week and never have to leave. It's massive!!!