Late Flight - Port of Miami to FLL

jkloni

I know this has been asked probably 100s of times and I've searched this thread (transportation, FLL, Port to FLL, etc.), but sometimes it's easier to just ask again...

We will disembark the Escape Saturday 9/10. Our flight is at 445pm from FLL.

We don't want to spend 8 hours in FLL airport and instead do something and arrive at the airport at by 3pm.

Is there a transportation service or a tour that would bring us to somewhere and then pick us up and bring us to the airport afterwards?

Should we consider renting a car? Is that easy?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kathy

Renting a car is one solution.

Another option is to shuttle to FLL (about $15 each), pay to store your bags (most airlines will not let you drop them off until 3-4 hours prior to flight time), and then cab to Las Olas or somewhere else fun for lunch, shopping, drinks, people watching, etc.

You can also book an excursion through the cruise line. We are in a similar situation with a flight at 8pm out of FLL. I really didn't want to rent a car, so planning to book the hop on hop off bus tour of Miami - they store your luggage and transport you to the airport.

Renting a car is fairly easy with Avis or Budget. They have a shuttle to their office which is close to the port. Put POM as the pickup point and you can drop it off in FLL. The biggest problem you will have is getting through customs at Miami. We have had two horrible disembarkations there. If all the crew has to go through immigration, they won't start passengers until the crew is finished. One of those times we even did self disembarking and it was still crazy. You may not have as much time as you think.

• 1 month later...

We shuttled to FFL and stored our bags then took the Sunline (I think that is what it was called) to lunch in downtown FLD. It was nice but we really couldn't find any shopping so just hung out on the riverwalk. There was a Christmas boat parade setting up so pretty cool as we are from WI. Still, this time we are going to rent a car and find a spot for brunch before our 3pm flight.

Have a great vacation!

I know this has been asked probably 100s of times and I've searched this thread (transportation, FLL, Port to FLL, etc.), but sometimes it's easier to just ask again...

We will disembark the Escape Saturday 9/10. Our flight is at 445pm from FLL.

We don't want to spend 8 hours in FLL airport and instead do something and arrive at the airport at by 3pm.

Is there a transportation service or a tour that would bring us to somewhere and then pick us up and bring us to the airport afterwards?

Should we consider renting a car? Is that easy?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kathy

We shuttled to FFL and stored our bags then took the Sunline (I think that is what it was called) to lunch in downtown FLD. It was nice but we really couldn't find any shopping so just hung out on the riverwalk. There was a Christmas boat parade setting up so pretty cool as we are from WI. Still, this time we are going to rent a car and find a spot for brunch before our 3pm flight.

Have a great vacation!

Some helpful websites for Fort Lauderdale:

Edited by capriccio