Regal Princess balcony question

DonnaK

Twice we had 41 sq feet balconies with our mini-suites on the Regal. On the Royal, once, we had an approx. 75 sq foot balcony with the mini. But in February, on the Regal we had a mini-suite again, like we have had on previous voyages on the Royal and Regal, but this one was different in that it was forward facing with a huge balcony, about 200 Sq. Ft balcony and I measured it, billed as a premium mini. I had my doubts when we booked this as I thought it would be very windy and I also had the idea that the balcony door would be locked when underway. Both concerns were myths, actually the flow of air up over the bow made this balcony more comfortable than those on the sides. I was out there every day. The mini-suite itself was a little larger as well. The sea days were real nice and we enjoyed our huge balcony immensely.

It is true that some balconies are visible from the Seawalk. I counted them, it wasn't all that big of a deal. We had a large balcony one time in that area but I couldn't see into it from the Seawalk. When one considers all the vessels with staggered decks where one can see into multiple balconies, think it was 17 balconies that I could see into on one cruise from our higher balcony which was set back, it is a common problem anymore.

It is good to learn that the forward balconies are not being locked.

As far as Seawalk goes, my understanding is that people can see into the rooms...not just the balconies.

It is good to learn that the forward balconies are not being locked.

As far as Seawalk goes, my understanding is that people can see into the rooms...not just the balconies.

Only if you're in the top decks and that's only partial. Below that people on the seawalk can only see the balconies.

I still wouldn't leave the drapes open at night if you want any privacy. ;)

If you go through a mock booking on the Regal, the side balcony staterooms aft on Caribe C627-C735 C626-C734 show a total area of 250 Sq Ft as opposed to 223 Sq Ft on other standard balcony rooms. I would like to know where the other footage is made up as on the plan they look the same. Anyone stayed in any of these?

Also several years ago Princess replaced their balcony furniture with some really nasty stuff. We have tried a few times to make it work with pillows and rolled towels, but we finally stopped booking balconies on Princess.

We do miss having a balcony cabin, sometimes. We are thinking if we want to experience a balcony again, we will try Celebrity. See the other thread on Royal/Regal balconies for a photo of the lovely Celebrity balcony furniture and the balcony size on Celebrity.

A standard size balcony on Celebrity is the same size as the balcony on the Royal/regal

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you go through a mock booking on the Regal, the side balcony staterooms aft on Caribe C627-C735 C626-C734 show a total area of 250 Sq Ft as opposed to 223 Sq Ft on other standard balcony rooms. I would like to know where the other footage is made up as on the plan they look the same. Anyone stayed in any of these?

Anybody?

• 1 month later...
Anybody?

I too would like to know

I just noticed the discrepancy today while reviewing the deck plans

We will be in B718 and it states 250. I thought all basic balcony cabins would be 222 square feet

I checked every deck and same thing, the aft section cabins are 250 sq ft

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

• 7 months later...
I too would like to know

I just noticed the discrepancy today while reviewing the deck plans

We will be in B718 and it states 250. I thought all basic balcony cabins would be 222 square feet

I checked every deck and same thing, the aft section cabins are 250 sq ft

FOLLOW UP REPORT:

After having sailed in B718, I can state that the balcony is the exact same size as all the other balconies. For some reason, Princess has the wrong square footage on their web site.

All good responses and reflect personal preferences. We have found after 7 voyages on the Royal Class ships, that the balconies are fine for what we use them for. We have a favorite cabin that we book on Deck 8 because it is classified as obstructed but really isn't. If we can't get that cabin and want a larger balcony, we bite the bullet and move up to a category that has a larger balcony. The other great features of this ship more than makeup for a smaller balcony.

All good responses and reflect personal preferences. We have found after 7 voyages on the Royal Class ships, that the balconies are fine for what we use them for. We have a favorite cabin that we book on Deck 8 because it is classified as obstructed but really isn't. If we can't get that cabin and want a larger balcony, we bite the bullet and move up to a category that has a larger balcony. The other great features of this ship more than makeup for a smaller balcony.

I jut booked one of those cabins with special balcony on deck 8.