The First stop when boarding Splendor and other questions

pyropoodle

A few years ago, when I sailed on the Conquest (and before the changes), CC members suggested the first stop when boarding for lunch should be Sur Mer because no one knew about it and the place would be virtually deserted. Well, I took that advice and for that very first lunch on board, we had our pick of seating and a line-less Fish n chips all to ourselves.

After that day it, it was packed.

so, question number1...What is the secret (or not so secret) little lunch spot that should be the first stop when boarding the Splendor? Is there a hidden area that people don't usually discover until day 2? I would love to know.

and a 2nd question, for those who may have cruised recently. I want to do Seuss at Sea Brunch and I'm wondering if it happens at the same time as the Behind the Fun tour of the Ship. My hubby wants to do the tour and I'm curious if they overlap.

Feel free to post any other secrets/suggestions/random trivia about the Splendor.

Edited by pyropoodle

I sailed the Splendor in May. My favorite spot is the Tandoor (Lido aft) but hubby doesn't like crowds. We just took our food upstairs to the Rotisserie. Not as crowded as most of the Lido.

Yes, Seuss at Sea Breakfast and The Behind the Fun Tour overlap. Both are held the morning of the last full day. IIRC, the tour began about 8 or 8:30 and the breakfast began at 9. I could be off on the time but the tour is about 3 hours. So even if I am a little off on time there isn't a way to do them both.

Enjoy the Splendor.

thanks for the info. I will most likely send my hubby on the tour and take little pyro jr to the brunch. that's a shame though :(

and I can't wait to try the Tandoor, will definitely see if we can escape to the rotisserie area and try to avoid the first day crowds.

I appreciate you letting me know.

Edited by pyropoodle

I sailed the Splendor in May. My favorite spot is the Tandoor (Lido aft) but hubby doesn't like crowds. We just took our food upstairs to the Rotisserie. Not as crowded as most of the Lido.

Yes, Seuss at Sea Breakfast and The Behind the Fun Tour overlap. Both are held the morning of the last full day. IIRC, the tour began about 8 or 8:30 and the breakfast began at 9. I could be off on the time but the tour is about 3 hours. So even if I am a little off on time there isn't a way to do them both.

Enjoy the Splendor.

What foods are available at the rotisserie? It sounds like a good first stop for us in December!

Enjoy the Splendor.

There are several tables by the tandoor. We ate there. The pineapple chutney is very good over the ice cream :)

• 6 months later...

I know things my change between now and August 2018. However, what I am looking for is hidden secrets not just in the food department. I am looking for hidden doors hot spots ect. Now do not get me wrong if you have some hidden gems when it comes to food spots I will listen, but just did not want to make this post all about food.

Just off Splendor this past Sunday. (3/5) There is no more rotisserie. It is now called BBQ, and they serve home-made coleslaw, potato salad, along with baked beans with beef in it, pulled pork, some kind of chicken, beef (brisket) and mac and cheese. We ate there as we boarded, and the lines became larger each day. We enjoyed the food very much.

Looking at the funtimes, The "Green Eggs and Ham" Breakfast was held at 9 a.m. the last sea day. (Saturday) I do not know when the offered the "behind the scenes" tour as I had done it on Dream.

There are several tables by the tandoor. We ate there. The pineapple chutney is very good over the ice cream :)

I've sailed the SPLENDOR 3 times and was always amazed at how many pax weren't even aware of this area above the general buffet. We are Gin Rummy addicts and we would play for hours up there and see very few people. :)

From my experience lido-aft areas on every ship seem to be the least crowded on day 1, I guess since a lot of first-timers don't even realize at first that there's more behind the lido restaurant.

I agree. We have experienced the same thing except on our first and second cruises. Then we joined CC and learned the secrets. :D