Extension cords

Fishkillbill

We will be going on our first cruise on the Summit, next month. We will be having a number of Kindles, Fitbits and maybe other things that will need charging. I understand there are not a lot of outlets in the rooms. I planned to bring an extension cord. Now I just read that you can't bring one with a serge protector.

Exactly what kind of multi outlet cord can I bring?

Extension cords are not allowed at all, surge protected or not. There are various multi-port USB chargers, without surge protectors, that are allowed and available on Amazon and many other places. You can search this forum for previous suggestions, or wait a few minutes, I am sure that others can provide specific models.

We will be going on our first cruise on the Summit, next month. We will be having a number of Kindles, Fitbits and maybe other things that will need charging. I understand there are not a lot of outlets in the rooms. I planned to bring an extension cord. Now I just read that you can't bring one with a serge protector.

We have always take an extension cord and a serge protector on all of our Celebrity cruises an have never had them taken away from us. Ever.

Just read that they are on the do not take aboard list. I'm still going to try it. I would rather pack them and have them taken away, than not even try. I will get them back the last night if they take them.

Edited by Vol fan

I take one of these 6 port things (mine is Anker) and have never had an issue (FYI, I make sure not to leave it plugged in when I'm out of the room, in the past room stewards have not liked that, we just plug everything in when we are there or over night):

https://www.amazon.ca/Anker-Family-Sized-Desktop-Charger-Technology/dp/B00P933OJC

Edited by AlbertaCruisers

You are at risk of causing a fire. Do you really want to harm your fellow passengers? There is a reason why don't allow them.

A search of this forum and you will find many other threads on this exact same topic with alternatives and reasons for not bringing them on board.

We are all in the same boat with regards to electronics.

I take one of these 6 port things (mine is Anker) and have never had an issue (FYI, I make sure not to leave it plugged in when I'm out of the room, in the past room stewards have not liked that, we just plug everything in when we are there or over night):

https://www.amazon.ca/Anker-Family-Sized-Desktop-Charger-Technology/dp/B00P933OJC

We took one of those too and it was excellent, could charge all our things from one outlet.

For safety purposes, power strips, extension cords, or similar items are prohibited from being brought on board.

An extension cord may be provided for medical reasons only. For further information, please contact our Access Department at 1-866-592-7225.

Just ordered one. Better safe than sorry. I honestly didn't know you were not supposed to bring extension cords or surge protectors and since no one had ever taken them away from us or told us not to bring them again, I had not reread the rules. I haven't read those rules in a long time.

Edited by Vol fan

This one is only 4 port, but the price is definitely right.

Best I have ever used, seems to be a fast charger.

https://www.amazon.com/KMASHI-Portable-Desktop-Charging-Bluetooth/dp/B00KSVAXEE/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1472836735&sr=1-1&keywords=kmashi+24w

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by bookitdanno

We will be going on our first cruise on the Summit, next month. We will be having a number of Kindles, Fitbits and maybe other things that will need charging....

Another suggestion is to bring an adapter that will let you use the European two round prong sockets. This will increase the number of available outlets in the cabin. These adapters cost just a few $ and most modern devices can run on the 220V power without a problem - razors, cameras, iPads, phones, CPAP machines.

I guess ships burning at sea does not bother you. It may be a long swim,

Many more ship fires are caused by the Laundry room. We'd all be taking better steps to safety if we wouldn't want our towels, sheets, table linens and laundry done on ships.

I guess ships burning at sea does not bother you. It may be a long swim,

People are still allowed to smoke on board.

My USB charger is the least of my worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just to reassure anyone who does need an extension cord for medical needs....We have informed access department pre cruise, our room attendant has know about it on boarding and by bedtime one has been neatly taped behind curtains, under bed (very safe).

First time we boarded we were concerned in case it was an issue but we have done this now on several occasions and no problems!

Edited by chemmo

We always take one too as well as a US double adapter ( available on Amazon )

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I took one with me on Solstice earlier this year and kept it for the 4 weeks on board.

On disembarking at Sydney it was clear that not everyone had been as fortunate as I.

DSCN0041.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece