Which to choose... big, better, best?

LuvCats!

I just found a big price drop for the Constellation, Oct 19, 2017. Aqua A1 is now $3875 total with one perk.... 2 perks is $4145... so to my math 2 is better than one? That is about $270 more and if your 2 perks were worth at least $300 it pays to do 2....

What I'm not sure of is if it is really worth it to do 4... that is pricing at $4685 (I think... I couldn't get the exact amount I took the price on the site and multiplied x2 plus taxes). So if I figure this extra would be for 2 perks ($4685 minus $4145) it is $540.

I know I want the internet, but only for 1. My husband doesn't use it. is $300 what I would pay for unlimited internet for 1 person/1 device? Which would leave drinks costing $240.... we don't drink much. I would drink non alcoholic fun drinks and DH would have a few mixed drinks plus we'd drink pop some. I'm sure this isn't worth $240. Part of me says it would be nice to just have it paid and not have to worry but I'm also wondering if it would just be a waste. This is our first time on Celebrity (and only will be 2x on RCI so no perks there either). Can anyone suggest what our best choice would be?

I check pricing with 0 perks. If it's cheaper than the price of gratuities added, I do the 0 perk option. If the cruise is 11 days or less, I take the obc, over that I take the prepaid gratuities. Being Elite Plus we each get 240 minutes of internet free so we don't consider that. I think it's about $20 per day for one device. The drink package isn't even a consideration. We don't drink enough to get hit with any surprises and we refuse to alter our drinking habits just to "get our money's worth" out of it.

A1 cabins on that itinerary for this October on Constellation went down to under $1,300 pp with two perks so if I were you I would watch prices like a Hawk for the next year as none of those prices you are getting sound like a good deal to me. :eek:

FYI: Two years ago I paid $1,250 pp for an A2 on the Israel itinerary. It is a great cruise so I am repeating it this year. Just be sure you get the price drops.

I've created a spreadsheet that will calculate it out for you, email me and I can send it. it also factors in things like discounts when you have Elite or above CC status as far as buying drink or internet packages at discount etc.

But basically I find 2 perks is the sweet spot for under 9 day cruises and over 4 day cruises.

Take the OBC and Drinks package. Gratuities don't become valuable until 9 nights, and I also don't find 2 unlimited internet accounts worthwhile, easy enough for 2 to share 1 account and buy it outright.

I like to do the go best. That way there are no surprises at the end of the cruse. I know exactly how much we have spent.

I do provide extra cash tips to staff that go above and beyond.

I'm leaning toward this. Went ahead and booked it for now but part of me is saying I'm throwing away extra $$. We would have to spend just over $24 per day in drinks to break even I think. I'm not counting the last day.

A1 cabins on that itinerary for this October on Constellation went down to under $1,300 pp with two perks so if I were you I would watch prices like a Hawk for the next year as none of those prices you are getting sound like a good deal to me. :eek:

FYI: Two years ago I paid $1,250 pp for an A2 on the Israel itinerary. It is a great cruise so I am repeating it this year. Just be sure you get the price drops.

I know I've been watching this years! They look wonderful. I am definitely keeping watch. :)

I've created a spreadsheet that will calculate it out for you, email me and I can send it. it also factors in things like discounts when you have Elite or above CC status as far as buying drink or internet packages at discount etc.

But basically I find 2 perks is the sweet spot for under 9 day cruises and over 4 day cruises.

Take the OBC and Drinks package. Gratuities don't become valuable until 9 nights, and I also don't find 2 unlimited internet accounts worthwhile, easy enough for 2 to share 1 account and buy it outright.

This is a 12 night. Gratuities are $336 for 2. No status to use at all so no help there. Can't email right now as I'm out of town and it won't work from here.

Thanks for the input everyone. :)

I'm leaning toward this. Went ahead and booked it for now but part of me is saying I'm throwing away extra $$. We would have to spend just over $24 per day in drinks to break even I think. I'm not counting the last day.

I know I've been watching this years! They look wonderful. I am definitely keeping watch. :)

This is a 12 night. Gratuities are $336 for 2. No status to use at all so no help there. Can't email right now as I'm out of town and it won't work from here.

Thanks for the input everyone. :)

$24.00 per day for drinks is not hard at all, particularly if you drink wine with dinner. Don't forget the bottled water you can pick up for port days and coffee at cafe al bacio. Even if you don't drink heavy, the costs can add up quick.

When I booked the Summit while onboard the Infinity, the future cruise planner told me to take the drink package since it far exceeds the benefits of all the other offers. Unless you really don't drink alcohol, it is a no brainer. After that, if you are on a longer cruise, take the tips over OBC as Cle-guy suggested. BEST just makes no sense to me unless you plan to use the hell out of the internet. Last thing I want to do on vacay.

If you booked through the internet, be sure to check our TA's to see what additional perks they may offer to transfer the booking to them. I'm not a big fan of TA's as I do all my research and pick the cabin I want, but when I can get more for my money, why not. My TA gives additional OBC as well as an extra perk.

Which would leave drinks costing $240.... we don't drink much. I would drink non alcoholic fun drinks and DH would have a few mixed drinks plus we'd drink pop some. I'm sure this isn't worth $240.

Don't be too sure about not spending $240 on drinks. Drinks including water, coffee and cocktails are expensive on Celebrity. More so than on other cruise lines. I have spent less in Midtown Manhattan for a Grey Goose Martini than what Celebrity charges. Also specialty coffee costs more than at Starbucks. Also if you don't drink I wouldn't recommend the go best package because one of the extra perks in that package is an up grade from the classic to the premium drink package. From what you stated I think you would be fine with the classic drink package.

Don't be too sure about not spending $240 on drinks. Drinks including water, coffee and cocktails are expensive on Celebrity. More so than on other cruise lines. I have spent less in Midtown Manhattan for a Grey Goose Martini than what Celebrity charges. Also specialty coffee costs more than at Starbucks. Also if you don't drink I wouldn't recommend the go best package because one of the extra perks in that package is an up grade from the classic to the premium drink package. From what you stated I think you would be fine with the classic drink package.

I went ahead and did the best option. You are right--I figured out that $240 divided by 12 is not even $24 per day. We don't do much alcohol but DH likes an occasional mixed drink or possibly the right kind of beer. I enjoy mocktails of some kinds and the water will be useful plus we'll both use pop (DH for sure--I will if there is one of those machines that you program what you want as my choices usually aren't on the main drink menus).

I know we might *technically* end up paying more than we would otherwise but I'm pretty sure we'd not get drinks regularly if we didn't have it.

Thanks again for all the advice everyone. :)