Coco Cay lounge options?

jennab0220

I'm cruising in a few weeks and I was looking at our cruise planner for things to do in Coco Cay. Pretty much all we want to do is swim, drink and relax. I see there are 3 options to purchase ahead of time and I also know there are Cabanas you can try and get once onboard but they go to Suite

Guest first.

They have the newer Bungalows for $225 for the day, the new Beach beds for $150, and the clamshell lounger things for $59. The cabanas are $200 for the day from what I've gathered by looking around. It's just my husband and I so we don't really need a ton of space like the bungalow or cabana has but both offer some perks. This is my first time on Royal so I'm looking for first hand pros and cons. Whether you've used them or not, anything you can share about the positives and negatives would be great, is the location good, is it busy around the area they are located, is there a bar nearby, etc... Thank you!

I can only tell you about the cabanas firsthand. They come with a bottle of champagne, fruit plate, 4 liter bottles of Evian, 2 floating mats, and 2 snorkel set rentals. The bar and bathrooms are nearby and the area is access controlled so it's uncrowded. The upgraded lunch buffet is also very close.

Only downside (to some) that comes to mind is that the beach is not right there. You have to walk out of the cabana area to get into the water. Not far at all. I don't see this as a downside as it keeps the cabana area quieter and more private.

I'm cruising in a few weeks and I was looking at our cruise planner for things to do in Coco Cay. Pretty much all we want to do is swim, drink and relax. I see there are 3 options to purchase ahead of time and I also know there are Cabanas you can try and get once onboard but they go to Suite

Guest first.

They have the newer Bungalows for $225 for the day, the new Beach beds for $150, and the clamshell lounger things for $59. The cabanas are $200 for the day from what I've gathered by looking around. It's just my husband and I so we don't really need a ton of space like the bungalow or cabana has but both offer some perks. This is my first time on Royal so I'm looking for first hand pros and cons. Whether you've used them or not, anything you can share about the positives and negatives would be great, is the location good, is it busy around the area they are located, is there a bar nearby, etc... Thank you!

We did the clamshells, last year and are doing them again next month. Two loungers, 2 mats, water and fruit.. transportation to the lunch buffet. They are private, and close to the water. Bar nearby, but not large selection of drinks. Just two of us as well, and we enjoyed them..

Have fun..

We did the clamshells, last year and are doing them again next month. Two loungers, 2 mats, water and fruit.. transportation to the lunch buffet. They are private, and close to the water. Bar nearby, but not large selection of drinks. Just two of us as well, and we enjoyed them..

Have fun..

We did had the beach loungers earlier this year in February and it included the 2 mats, water, and fruit.

But was looking at the description of the beach loungers in the cruise planner for our November cruise (planned on getting loungers again) and the description no longer includes the 2 mats, water, and fruit.

Has anyone been recently and know if the mats, water, and fruit are still included with the beach loungers??

We did had the beach loungers earlier this year in February and it included the 2 mats, water, and fruit.

But was looking at the description of the beach loungers in the cruise planner for our November cruise (planned on getting loungers again) and the description no longer includes the 2 mats, water, and fruit.

Has anyone been recently and know if the mats, water, and fruit are still included with the beach loungers??

we have them booked for next month, and the description we got was with the mats, fruit and water.. If NOT, I will be cancelling..

Have fun..

We are also satisfied with this set-up. The basics for a beach will do for us to relax.

We have this booked for Oct. I really hope they haven't changed it! I noticed that the new cabanas also lack any extras ( water, etc) listed on the website.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm waiting back for a reply from Royal about the clamshell loungers. When I booked for our Cruise, we will be at Coco Cay on September 20, it was $59 and said it included 2 beach mats, 2 bottles of water, towels, and transportation. It also said a personal attendant. Now for our cruise, the price has been lowered to $45 and does not say anything about the mats or water. I don't want to have paid $59 and not get what I thought I was. I also don't want to be overcharged. If it doesn't include the mats, we will probably cancel and just get mats and stake out a different beach spot.

I'm waiting back for a reply from Royal about the clamshell loungers. When I booked for our Cruise, we will be at Coco Cay on September 20, it was $59 and said it included 2 beach mats, 2 bottles of water, towels, and transportation. It also said a personal attendant. Now for our cruise, the price has been lowered to $45 and does not say anything about the mats or water. I don't want to have paid $59 and not get what I thought I was. I also don't want to be overcharged. If it doesn't include the mats, we will probably cancel and just get mats and stake out a different beach spot.

I just asked about these on the ports of call page. I was thinking of booking one for our December cruise. It says the price is $45.00 and was trying to figure out if that included anything. Also, is it one fee of $45.00 for both of us? When I try to book it, it charges me $90.00. ($45.00 for each of us).

I just asked about these on the ports of call page. I was thinking of booking one for our December cruise. It says the price is $45.00 and was trying to figure out if that included anything. Also, is it one fee of $45.00 for both of us? When I try to book it, it charges me $90.00. ($45.00 for each of us).

It says to just reserve 1 for every 2 guests. We actually reserved 2 because we have 3 people, but that was at the $59 amount (118 total). If it now does not include the beach mats, I may change it to the beach beds which are $150 for up to 6.

I'm waiting back for a reply from Royal about the clamshell loungers. When I booked for our Cruise, we will be at Coco Cay on September 20, it was $59 and said it included 2 beach mats, 2 bottles of water, towels, and transportation. It also said a personal attendant. Now for our cruise, the price has been lowered to $45 and does not say anything about the mats or water. I don't want to have paid $h59 and not get what I thought I was. I also don't want to be overcharged. If it doesn't include the mats, we will probably cancel and just get mats and stake out a different beach spot.

I'm in the same boat. I will cancel as well...

Hi. I'll be your clamshell neighbor on Sept. 20 -- and I'd really appreciate if you'd post what you learn about the amenities. I also paid $59 and expect the mats, water, etc. Thanks. Carol

Hi. I'll be your clamshell neighbor on Sept. 20 -- and I'd really appreciate if you'd post what you learn about the amenities. I also paid $59 and expect the mats, water, etc. Thanks. Carol

I called and I don't know how reliable that is, but she said it looked like they no longer included it. I also saw a post earlier about the beach beds and the person said they got upgraded to that because the clamshells were being moved to another location. Since I had 2 reserved, I went ahead and cancelled and then booked the beach bed at $150. It was only $32 more, and I saved more than that by changing our drink packages.

Edited to add:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2398748 here is the post about the beach beds.

Edited by adiamay
Added referenced post

We wanted to do the clam shells on our cruise in June. But it was per person and our kids wouldn't have been able to hang out with us (they wouldn't have needed the chairs) w/o us paying for an additional set. So we decided to just use the chairs that were free. We found 4 under some nice shaded trees and we also paid $20 for an umbrella (I think that's how much it was). We were set for the day. It worked for us.

I called and I don't know how reliable that is, but she said it looked like they no longer included it. I also saw a post earlier about the beach beds and the person said they got upgraded to that because the clamshells were being moved to another location. Since I had 2 reserved, I went ahead and cancelled and then booked the beach bed at $150. It was only $32 more, and I saved more than that by changing our drink packages.

Edited to add:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2398748 here is the post about the beach beds.

I too called, and was told that they were not going to honor reservations for the loungers, that included the water, mats and fruit.. :mad: I CANCELLED my order..

You won't be getting mats, water or fruit plate. And the new price is $45.00..

I spoke at length with the excursion people. All they would do is apologize and ask if I wanted to book something different.. On MY dollar, of course.

You book one for two people.. ($45) You get the loungers, and the canopy, that's it..

I spoke at length with the excursion people. All they would do is apologize and ask if I wanted to book something different.. On MY dollar, of course.

Guess I will be cancelling mine too.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

OMG !!! I just had the most frustrating hour on the phone with RCL. I called because we had booked the same lounger package for our 9/26 cruise on the Enchantment. First person I talked to refused to listen to what I was saying and kept telling me she didn't see the excursion on my account..I explained for the 5th time that I was sailing with someone else and due to double charging me originally for the excursion mine was cancelled but the reservation on the other account was the active one. She asked me for that account information and when I supplied it had no problem providing me with full access to someone else's (sic) account.:confused: I then explained I just wanted to know what the new excursion package contained as it was not showing the same items at $45 that it showed at $59. She said nothing had changed and when I insisted she wanted to know specifically who told me the package had changed...ARGH !!! She then said they had not been informed of any change to the excursion package and would need to speak to someone else and then proceeded to hang up on me...Really ??????:eek:

I then called back..explained again all I wanted to know was if the package had changed and did it only include the chairs and the shell as we had paid for more....All he could do was read to me off the website what the package now includes...(if I can't read how did I know how to contact them in the first place ?) He then refused to pull up the account with the active reservation and insisted that I needed to conference them in to get this settled...Mind you all I wanted to know was had the package changed and was I going to get what I paid for.....after placing us on hold for approximately 20 minutes he came back and said "I spoke with someone and see what you are saying about the change....when you get on board there is a shore....excursion....desk (apparently he assumed I was 3 yrs old) and I would need to speak with them to see if they would honor the original package...if not, I could get a refund...

We were considering getting the beach bed as this is to celebrate both of our birthdays but if I wait until we're on the ship they could be reserved...

So flippin frustrating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called the Crown and Anchor desk because my experience has been that they are both knowledgeable and helpful. I explained about the clamshell change in price and drop in amenities. Dixie, the C&A rep I spoke to, said the price has changed but because I previously booked the clamshell at the $59 price, the mats etc. will be included. She said anyone buying the clamshells after the price change at the new, $45 price, will get just the loungers and the clamshell canopy. Hmmm. I'll just check the Shore Excursions Desk when I'm onboard. If there are no mats, water, etc., I'll just ask for a $14 refund. Either way, I'LL BE ON A CRUISE :D