Buying soda between airport and ship-transfer

heymikey2016

Hi-

We have to fly in day of departure, so I think transfer would be safer? I would like to bring in 2 12 packs of soda. Is there somewhere close to the Miami port to buy soda (grocery or convenience store)?

Thanks

Depends on actual times. If you really want to buy soda, might be practical for you to take a private transport or cab to pass by a convenience store.

Hi-

We have to fly in day of departure, so I think transfer would be safer? I would like to bring in 2 12 packs of soda. Is there somewhere close to the Miami port to buy soda (grocery or convenience store)?

Thanks

By "close" to the port, I'm guessing you mean within walking distance. There is nothing close to the port. Take a taxi from the airport, and let the cab driver know you'd like to stop somewhere along the way to buy some sodas. Be sure to tip him a couple of extra bucks for taking the time to do so.;)

Am I mistaken in thinking that you aren't allowed to bring on sodas anymore? I thought I had read that somewhere when Carnival started selling water by the 12 pack. Maybe it's just water but I thought the ban included soda too.

Am I mistaken in thinking that you aren't allowed to bring on sodas anymore? I thought I had read that somewhere when Carnival started selling water by the 12 pack. Maybe it's just water but I thought the ban included soda too.

The ban is for plastic or glass bottles. Cans of soda may still be carried onboard.

"Closest" to the port would be the CVS on Biscayne Blvd, across the street from Bayfront Park.

As others have noted, taking a taxi from MIA is your best bet.

Distance one way is a little over two miles. So, to walk it round trip, from the port, after you've checked in, to Biscayne Blvd. and back, is roughly 4 1/2 miles. Yes, it's doable, but I wouldn't recommend it, especially if the temp. is near 90 degrees and the humidity is high. :eek:

Edited by beachbum53

To get your soda you will need to take a cab to the port and ask the

driver to make a stop at a conveince store on the way. The fare from MIA is a set fee, so give the driver a nice tip for stopping.

Hi there

If you tell him that you want to make a stop he will likely want to put you on the meter. That would probably several dollars to the fare, just so you are aware.

have a great cruise.