Allure of the Seas Ft Lauderdale

netty95362

Curious how early anyone has been able to get off the ship on disembark day. I made a 1030 flight reservation flying out from FLL thinking I'd have plenty of time since the airport is so close. If I take my bags off myself and ship docks at 0630, what is the earliest time that people are allowed to leave the ship?

I'm a little worried about not making my flight. Also, is it pretty speedy getting a taxi outside the terminal? And I've never been to FLL before.. Any tips to speed my process would really help. And yes, I was an idiot and booked too early of a flight and non refundable at that. Ugh.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Forums mobile app

We did self disembark on the Allure in August as my sister had a flight at 11:30am from West Palm. We walked out of our cabin at 7 am and there was no line to disembark. There was no lines at customs and we were standing in the parking lot at 7:10 am. There were plenty of cabs lined up waiting for passengers as soon as you walk off the ship.

We actually had plenty of time stop for breakfast prior to dropping my sister off at the airport.

I believe you can depart as early as 6:30. You would need to do self disembark, keep your luggage in your room and be responsible for your carting your own luggage in the morning.

We did the early self disembark on Sunday from the Allure (11:50 flight) and made it with hours to spare. We walked off with our bags and straight through customs.

We made sure we left just before the call for the first timed passengers were called to leave (the boards read 7:40 a.m.) when I suspect it can get a lot busier with folks trying to collect their luggage and then proceed through customs.

If you leave before the first timed passengers disembark, you should have no problem and no wait. The Fort Lauderdale airport is very close. So close that you can see the ship if your plane is facing the right way on the tarmac.

Curious how early anyone has been able to get off the ship on disembark day. I made a 1030 flight reservation flying out from FLL thinking I'd have plenty of time since the airport is so close. If I take my bags off myself and ship docks at 0630, what is the earliest time that people are allowed to leave the ship?

I'm a little worried about not making my flight. Also, is it pretty speedy getting a taxi outside the terminal? And I've never been to FLL before.. Any tips to speed my process would really help. And yes, I was an idiot and booked too early of a flight and non refundable at that. Ugh.

IF the ship docks and processed on time, you won't have a problem with walking off with your luggage and taking a cab.

It you call yourself an idiot for booking a 10:30am flight, what would you call me?

I booked a 9:40am flight.:eek:

Bill

Thanks everyone! I have TSA precheck too, but lately it seems like everyone else does too.. I just hope the line at the Spirit Airlines desk is more efficient than their telephone customer service. Need to start traveling without a checked bag :(

Hahahahaha!!!! IMPOSSIBLE .....I need a carry-on just for shoes. Lol. You should be fine. We disembarked twice at 6:30 off of the Allure and the Oasis to catch 9:45 flights and had PLENTY of time. We were at the airport shortly after 7am. Make sure you line up early to get off the ship and have a great cruise! :):):)

Thanks for all the replies! I don't feel like such a dummy now. Since you've all been on the Allure, any good tips I need to know about??

Good sailaway place is the observation deck above the bridge wings. Take the port side passenger corridor on deck 14 all the way forward and through a door.

Thanks for all the replies! I don't feel like such a dummy now. Since you've all been on the Allure, any good tips I need to know about??

Take the time to walk all areas of the ship, staircases and such.

Take different elevators, see the art work.

Do fun thinks listed in cruise compass, it is more than just going to the pool.

Enjoy, we do.

I can't understand why so many people book flights with such little headspace.

All you need is a medical emergency overnight and flights will be missed.

Our cruise last year arrived back about 4 hours late so these things can happen.

I can't speak for others but I booked my flight so early because of money. We have 4 pax and the safer 12 noon flight was $1036 for the 4 of us as opposed to $404 which we paid for the 9:40am flight.

Am I comfortable with the earlier flight, not really but am willing to gamble based on past pax post. If something happens and we don't make it so be it. I know going in that is a possibility but it doesn't affect anybody else but our traveling party.:)

Bill

Just returned on Sunday from the Allure....you'll love this ship!

We were out of the cabin at 6:10am and loaded and waiting on the shuttle bus to the airport at 6:30. We did have to wait for the first bus to fill up which took until about 7:15 or so.....security at FLL was very quick at that time of the morning.

IF you're doing taxi then I'm sure you'll be fine but if you're riding the RCCL shuttle bus be sure you are up early and get on that first bus as each subsequent bus will wait until it's full (approx 50+ people).

We had a lot of time to kill at the airport which is how I like it. Of course, there's always the chance the ship is delayed for some reason or another but barring anything happening you definitely have time to get to the airport.

Have fun!!!

P.S. we had a 10:30 am flight to ATL and could have easily made it on the 8:30am flight!

Edited by luv2cruise4ever

I can't speak for others but I booked my flight so early because of money. We have 4 pax and the safer 12 noon flight was $1036 for the 4 of us as opposed to $404 which we paid for the 9:40am flight.

Am I comfortable with the earlier flight, not really but am willing to gamble based on past pax post. If something happens and we don't make it so be it. I know going in that is a possibility but it doesn't affect anybody else but our traveling party.:)

Bill

I'm a natural worrier so I couldn't relax all trip :)

However did note from Barcelona this summer if you wanted to attempt earlier flights the were some decent savings.

Bill

Confidence is enough in your situation:).