Cruise review pre and post- Pearl 9/26/2016 w/ 11y autistic daughter, her ser...

YES PEOPLE DO THIS EVERYDAY!!!! When Lydia is at school and Tyr is with me. I have to tell people everywhere I go not to pet him. I'm firm and straight forward "Please don't pet my service dog."

But when Tyr is with Lydia and people try do this.....lol. Well let's just say I sit back and enjoy the show. It really is quite fun to watch adults get lectured by an 11y how tells it like it is.

This is the best video that explains what it's like

When your out with a service dog.

Thank you for this reminder. It's just that sometimes, I can't help appreciating how beautiful dogs are. Now I know how and what not. Thanks again.

Thank you for this reminder. It's just that sometimes, I can't help appreciating how beautiful dogs are. Now I know how and what not. Thanks again.

You bet and thank you for taking the time to read and watch the video [emoji4][emoji106]

We are just for days out and well on our way to being 2/3 packed.

[emoji309][emoji156][emoji155][emoji240]Packing post coming soon. [emoji190][emoji146][emoji150][emoji161]

Have a Great Day[emoji924][emoji38][emoji106]

Wonderful to see a Doberman in a service dog position.

Due to movies in the 70's (and even UP in a way), this breed has really gotten a bad rap. They are just big bundles of goofiness and love, not to mention loyal and smart to a fault.

Agreed! We have to Dobbies in out home that are both Services Dog. The daughters Tyr and my husband's Axl. They are so decided and love. c543a52ff0374fb732864a2aa7df8957.jpg

Ok here is Tyr's suitcase already to go; sort of. He had a little bit of extra room so we put our First Add kit in his bag. We will also be bringing along a bag of mulch for the potty box. (I've been told sometimes the cruise ship staff don't put in the sod; even though they say they will.) So just incase I'm bringing the mulch; I know he will use it if he needs to. We are also bring 2 bottles of distilled water for his food. He gets filtered water at home and I can't risk him get sick from the tap water on board. I also put a copy of his documents in his suitcase.

951b5d74977fcaa351839aee359699e0.jpg

Edited by Joyously Sailing Away

For my suitcase I decided to go through everything again and really take a hard look at what I would really need. So now I'm proud to say I am down to a small carry-on suitcase and one carry-on bag. I'm only packing 1 Nice dress, seven T-shirts, four pairs of pants/shorts, toiletries, stockings and those sort of thing. I have also pack 4 bathing suits, I plan to swim everyday and I really don't like putting on a wet bathing suit. I've also packed highlighters, magnets for the walls/doors, a dry erase board for our wall, room deodorizer for the bathroom, empty Ziploc bags of all different sizes, a small power bar for charging items, portable charger boxes so our phones don't die at Disney, my Mickey ears and some decorations for our room. That's pretty muck it. Besides all the paper work for our cruise, Lydia and Tyr.

Have a Great Day[emoji924][emoji38][emoji106]ca37cdff489585eeaea40cd42b64325e.jpg

My carry-on bag will have one change of clothes for Lydia and I. Meds, overnight toiletries, a bathing suit each, 2 portions of dog food for Tyr. Portable dishes for Tyr. Our filtering water bottles. I've also decided to bring a travel mug; I love big cups of coffee! And of course our boarding passes and another copy of Tyr's paperwork.

I've let room in this bag to pack what ever last minute things I've most like forgotten lol.

Tonight is packing Lydia. This will be a challenge. Her bag is the biggest. It's really difficult to convince a rigidly minded thinking autistic child that she does not have to pack her whole entire bedroom[emoji15]. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!d2b13f38d77988666e09c8b8e1fbfee4.jpg

Ok here is Lydia's suitcase. It's really a hockey bay....so big. Sameness is very important for Lydia and many children with autism. She will try new things but it's very important for most things to remain routine and what she knows. This reduces triggers that cause meltdowns. Being on a cruise for the first time, then Disneyland will at some point be too much for Lydia. Planning for these situations is just part of being an autism parent. That being said when it came time to pack for Lydia; there where some thing that just have to come. Items that give Lydia the feeling of sameness that she can go to when the whole cruise and Disneyland get to much. So we had to pack a variety of "Favourite". Items Lydia enjoys and can focus on. The top shelf has her favourite stuffy, books, crafts, her favourite cup and her favourite GF(gluten free) snacks. The second shelf has shoes, back up under close and socks. The bottom has 10 complete outfits in ziplock bags. Bathing suits, sweater, rain jacket, sound reducing headphones, DVD player, a little CD case full of movies and more art supplies. We have also pack her lightsaber, trading toys and a bag with glow in the dark items for evenings at Disneyland. Her toiletries and a kids first add kit are pack in the pouches. The last thing I will be packing is Lydia's favourite blanket, she sleeps with it every night. I'm hoping she will let me put the ears in the luggage but I'm not holding my breath. We are also bring Lydia's iPad pre-loaded with movies, games and music. A must for most kidse86b0efc614342f5a3e39b7ae52ff742.jpg.

As any parent the thought of losing your children keeps you up at night. If you have a child who wonders..... Like I do, this is one of those situations you need to plan for. Incase the worst happens and Lydia finds herself lost. I have made special information lanyards for her to wear on the cruise and at Disneyland. They have her name, medical info, my contact info and a picture of us together.

We made two, backups are always a good idea. They're easy to make and give peace of mind. 297b3b02972a21a07729765e9eecb5a4.jpg

As any parent the thought of losing your children keeps you up at night. If you have a child who wonders..... Like I do, this is one of those situations you need to plan for. Incase the worst happens and Lydia finds herself lost. I have made special information lanyards for her to wear on the cruise and at Disneyland. They have her name, medical info, my contact info and a picture of us together.

We made two, backups are always a good idea. They're easy to make and give peace of mind. 297b3b02972a21a07729765e9eecb5a4.jpg

So, so smart, Joy!

Joy - I love this thread so much! :)

Hope you have an amazing trip!!!!

Thank you[emoji4]

We where given the contact information for the Canada Place disabilities access agent by NCL with the instructions to call 24h before we depart. I called the # today and left a message. 1 hour later I received a call back. Her name is Heidi. She was so helpful and nice. We are to call her 20mins before we arrive at the port. She well meet us right in front of the port building and walk us through everything. Lydia, Tyr and I well the be taken straight to the ship and into the hands of the Hotel Director. From the we will be taken to our cabin, showed the potty boxes for Tyr and Lydia will have her mustar drill.

I really hope it goes as smoothly as we are told it will!

We are heading to the port first thing in the morning. I'll try to post if there's wifi. Ether way next post will have a lot of pictures and update information.