Infinity night light?

TeachKinde

I've been on Infinity a time or two. Don't think I saw the same night light feature as I saw on the Solstice. Just wondering if after the ship update, they now have that very subtle night light feature in the bathroom. (We both have to make a trip or two every night so I usually pack a nightlight.) Would love to leave the nightlight at home if it's already taken care of. Anyone?

No electrical outlet? Really? How do I blow dry my hair? Starting to panic!

People using the outlet in the bathroom for high power devices such as dryers might be the reason that they took them out. The outlet in the bathroom was designed for low power devices such as an electric razor and not for a blow dryer.

DON

People using the outlet in the bathroom for high power devices such as dryers might be the reason that they took them out. The outlet in the bathroom was designed for low power devices such as an electric razor and not for a blow dryer.

DON

Dearie me! I didn't realize that actually plugging an appliance into an outlet was such a big deal. Glad you men can shave!

Dearie me! I didn't realize that actually plugging an appliance into an outlet was such a big deal. Glad you men can shave!

With the requirement of both 220V and 120V, in case of a short circuit in a wet environment might curl more than your hair. While a built in GFI should mitigate the shock hazard there are many cases of electocution each year. I would suspect this was done for safety reasons.

The original M class bathrooms had a hairdryer on the wall, and the outlet was in the middle of it:

BG-26.jpg

I found it convenient to plug a nightlight into it.

BG-27.jpg

These haidryers have all been removed and a nightlight placed there. No outlet. But then, You have never been able to plug your own hairdryer into any outlet in a bathroom on any cruise ship. The outlets are low power meant for shavers, although adequate for charging cellphones, camera batteries, Kindles. They are not powerful enough for a hairdryer, and so the dryer will just fail to run.

This is the nightlight in bathrooms on Infinity:

P1040261_zps292cf4f4.jpg

EM

Edited by Essiesmom