Included Regent Excursions.

Pamela1

I have had the chance today to look and remember the excursion choices we have made for out next cruise. ( we have booked all regent included excursions)

We are very much looking froward to all of them but in particular.

Downtown Manhattan & the 9/11 Memorial

Tall ship sailing adventure in Norfolk

And the Real Florida airboat adventure.

We have had some brilliant excursions and some that we sort of left half way through and did our own thing.

Does anyone have excursions that have stood out and others that didn't quite hit the spot?

Pam.

And the Real Florida airboat adventure.

Does anyone have excursions that have stood out and others that didn't quite hit the spot?

That one above was one that didn't hit the spot for us, MANY years ago. It was our Panama Canal cruise. We were so looking forward to it because when we were poor staving grad students we were never able to afford to go to down to the Everglades and take an airboat cruise. The CD in his port talk happened to mention that one of his key determinations if a vendor was successful was if he got complaints from the women that the bathrooms were dirty. Well we got there, got piled in a boat for 50 folks where the on-load plus the off-load times added up to more than the boat time AND the bathrooms were filthy. Needless to say, he got a complaint from one of the women on that one. And he mentioned in a later port talk, that the got numerous complaints. I assume they changed vendors after that and you should have a great time.

My absolutely most memorable excursions were in Alaska and in South Africa.

We have experienced many excellent included excursions with Regent, mainly in the Middle East, Far East and St Petersburg

Less memorable have been some in the Med - usually because of too many tourists visiting the same attractions at the same time

Best value paid excursion was Petra & Wadi Rum in Jordan

That one above was one that didn't hit the spot for us, MANY years ago. It was our Panama Canal cruise. We were so looking forward to it because when we were poor staving grad students we were never able to afford to go to down to the Everglades and take an airboat cruise. The CD in his port talk happened to mention that one of his key determinations if a vendor was successful was if he got complaints from the women that the bathrooms were dirty. Well we got there, got piled in a boat for 50 folks where the on-load plus the off-load times added up to more than the boat time AND the bathrooms were filthy. Needless to say, he got a complaint from one of the women on that one. And he mentioned in a later port talk, that the got numerous complaints. I assume they changed vendors after that and you should have a great time.

My absolutely most memorable excursions were in Alaska and in South Africa.

Ha ha, thank you for that story, that is funny! I'm really hoping the facilities will be a little better this time. :D

I have never been to either Alaska or South Africa but it's on the list, i may even ask you for recommendations when the time comes.

We have experienced many excellent included excursions with Regent, mainly in the Middle East, Far East and St Petersburg

Less memorable have been some in the Med - usually because of too many tourists visiting the same attractions at the same time

Best value paid excursion was Petra & Wadi Rum in Jordan

Again, never been to the Middle East or Far East but we really enjoyed our excursions in Russia, in fact we are looking at the same itinerary for the Explorer next year as there is so much to see.

We have been to the Med so many times now and have probably seen quite a lot so i guess the excursions there were just for the sake of taking them and getting off the ship for a few hours.

Pam.

Ha ha, thank you for that story, that is funny! I'm really hoping the facilities will be a little better this time. :D

I have never been to either Alaska or South Africa but it's on the list, i may even ask you for recommendations when the time comes.

Again, never been to the Middle East or Far East but we really enjoyed our excursions in Russia, in fact we are looking at the same itinerary for the Explorer next year as there is so much to see.

We have been to the Med so many times now and have probably seen quite a lot so i guess the excursions there were just for the sake of taking them and getting off the ship for a few hours.

Pam.

Any time! I've been to Alaska both on my own with a rental car (twice) and on cruises (twice on different line)! All trips were great. South Africa was amazing too!

Attached are a couple of photos from a memorable Regent included excursion in Namibia :)

Fabulous photographs, thanks for sharing.

Pam.

PS, Loving the natural look there Bill! :)

Edited by Pamela1
complimenting Bill