Wine & Champagne Policy

avenger71

Is anyone familiar with this policy? It looks like you can bring as many bottles as you want but will be charged a $15 corkage fee for a 750 ml bottle or a $30 corkage fee for 1,500 ml bottle prior to embarkation. Does anyone know how that works. Does security actually pull you aside when they see bottles in your bags and charge you there?

You should have them in your carry-on luggage and declare them when you board the ship and they will charge you then. If you leave them in your checked baggage, your baggage will not be delivered to you and you will get a note to go to the naughty room to pick your luggage, pay for your wine or campaign or let them keep the wine and campaign if you don't want to pay the corkage fee until you disembark.

Edited by NLH Arizona

There is a table that you cannot miss. Go thru security and then go to the table. You pay the corkage and off you go. By PAY I mean you sign a slip and the fee will show up on your account. On Getaway the charge that appeared was from the Tropican a Room restaurant. Ymmv

If you have a lot of bottles it is best to have a rolling suitcase or the like.

There is a table that you cannot miss. Go thru security and then go to the table. You pay the corkage and off you go. By PAY I mean you sign a slip and the fee will show up on your account. On Getaway the charge that appeared was from the Tropican a Room restaurant. Ymmv

If you have a lot of bottles it is best to have a rolling suitcase or the like.

How did they even know that you even have the wine? Does security make you go to that table?

How did they even know that you even have the wine? Does security make you go to that table?

As Annmeat says above, there is a table when you go through security when boarding. You are expected to declare your wine bottles at that table to have your account charged accordingly. Obviously, trying to sneak them through is not considered the "done thing".

Your cases have to go through a scanner and you have to go through a scanner, they will see them. They then make you take them out and then send you to the table.

They will also pick up a pocket knife.

Your cases have to go through a scanner and you have to go through a scanner, they will see them. They then make you take them out and then send you to the table.

They will also pick up a pocket knife.

I take it you found out the hard way that they will pick up a pocket knife. :eek:

I take it you found out the hard way that they will pick up a pocket knife. :eek:

I have twice. Once in the luggage so off to the naughty room!! Next time in my carry on. The blade length was less than the banned length so I was able to keep it both times.

:D:D

I have twice. Once in the luggage so off to the naughty room!! Next time in my carry on. The blade length was less than the banned length so I was able to keep it both times.

I can relate, I've been busted (TWICE) for wine openers in my carry-on and my purse in the airport. I forget they are there. They're like a staple for me. Don't leave home without it!!

Does Ncl allow you any free bottles? I know many lines allow you two per room without corkage.

NCL policy is as follows:

Can I still bring wine on board?

Yes, guests may bring sealed bottles of wine on board for personal consumption. They will be checked prior to embarkation and a corkage fee applied at that time of $15.00 USD for a 750 ml Bottle or $30.00 USD for a 1,500 ml Magnum bottle. Box wines are not allowed on board. If guests do not wish to pay the corkage fee, the wine will be held onboard and returned to the guests at the end of the cruise.