Travel Insurance question

jeanlyon

MT - he did say it was top marks to me for thinking of telling them, even though they didn't need to know. Anyway, good news and now I am only 10 days from my cruise, I shall enjoy it even more.

Great news that your tests are clear, enjoy the cruise.

Good that you know you are fully covered - and that your results brought welcome good news too!

The thing about the insurers saying they didn't need to know is that you don't know that until you speak to them - and there's always the possibility that it's something they do need to know about.

Also, different insurers may give you a different answer given the same circumstances. At one time we were covered through AXA on our M&S card and also had a Cooperative Bank Account which included cover, again, through AXA. But, they didn't have the same level of cover at all and with one, had we been relying on it there would have been serious gaps in the cover provided. So even the same insurers with different T&Cs for different policies.

And different insurers are very likely to have different conditions of cover - and that could be affected by your personal medical history too. So many variables!

So always worth checking up for peace of mind. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by kruzseeka

Great news Jean - And I think you did right to tell them. We always do after having seen many people lose out if something happens on holiday and they haven't declared absolutely everything.

Now you can holiday with peace of mind. Have a great time. Where are you going?

MT - he did say it was top marks to me for thinking of telling them, even though they didn't need to know. Anyway, good news and now I am only 10 days from my cruise, I shall enjoy it even more.

Excellent news. It always pays to be open and honest. You can now go on holiday with a clear conscience and know you're covered. Enjoy :)

We have been with InsureandGo for several years. As we got older the premium and amount of days covered has changed. My husband has recently been put on a very low dosage bp tablet. Rang to tell InsureandGo and they said they would have to increase premium by £90. We decided to shop around and find that Staysure will insure us for less money and longer coverage than what we have been paying. We have disclosed every single ailment and medication taken. It is worth shopping around but also being honest.

Thanks everyone. Off to the Med on Oriana for Music Festival at Sea with my lovely husband and best friend. We will be joining the choir and singing with the pro's at the end of the trip. Some nice new ports and really looking forward to it.

Sounds great, Jean... look after Oriana for us.