POM to FLL

magicolor_girl

I'm booked on Empress of the Seas 12/15-12/19 out of Miami. The only reward flights I have are out of FLL to get home. I've been reading the boards and I know the travel time is 45-60 minutes generally. Assuming we go for a taxi or Uber/Lyft to have direct travel, can we get off the Empress (without doing self debarkation) and to FLL in time for an 11:30am flight? How is rush hour traffic on a Monday morning? Should I be concerned with holiday travellers potentially making the airport busier?

I'm second guessing myself though most comments I've read would say this is feasible. Any input is appreciated.

I'm booked on Empress of the Seas 12/15-12/19 out of Miami. The only reward flights I have are out of FLL to get home. I've been reading the boards and I know the travel time is 45-60 minutes generally. Assuming we go for a taxi or Uber/Lyft to have direct travel, can we get off the Empress (without doing self debarkation) and to FLL in time for an 11:30am flight? How is rush hour traffic on a Monday morning? Should I be concerned with holiday travellers potentially making the airport busier?

I'm second guessing myself though most comments I've read would say this is feasible. Any input is appreciated.

I would go for something later. You'll need 2 hours in FLL to clear check in and security . That means you need to be in transportation in POM at 8:30AM. What time does your ship arrive ? Allow about 30 minutes aftered arrival to start disembarkation. To do this , I would use self disembarkation.

To be clear, Global Entry doesn't help you getting through security, but it might help you get through Immigration and Customs as you get off the ship.

Pre Check (which comes with Global Entry, or can be obtained separately) will help you get through airport security to get to your plane.

Edited by CruiserBruce

To be clear, Global Entry doesn't help you getting through security, but it might help you get through Immigration and Customs as you get off the ship.

Pre Check (which comes with Global Entry, or can be obtained separately) will help you get through airport security to get to your plane.

To be clear Precheck and Global entry will speed you thru security at FLL as long as you are booked with a participating airline.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pre Check gets you through TSA security. How does Global Entry?

Global Entry performs the same function as Precheck on domestic flights.

I just finished 5 segments where my GE gave me Precheck on all 5 segments.

This across AA, Delta, United.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by thinfool