Kids in specialty dining restaurants

juksing

My are and I would like to take advantage of the BOGO offer on our upcoming Anthem cruise now that Dynamic Dining is gone but I am wondering about my 6 year old daughter. According to RCCL website kids 6-12 can order off a kids version of the special dining menu at reduced cost, but is it allowed for her to order off the complimentary kids menu found in the MDR? My daughter is really not a eater and pretty much sticks to pasta or pizza on cruises. As well, what is this kiddie version of the specialty dining menu, anyone have any idea if it even exists?

Thanks

My are and I would like to take advantage of the BOGO offer on our upcoming Anthem cruise now that Dynamic Dining is gone but I am wondering about my 6 year old daughter. According to RCCL website kids 6-12 can order off a kids version of the special dining menu at reduced cost, but is it allowed for her to order off the complimentary kids menu found in the MDR? My daughter is really not a eater and pretty much sticks to pasta or pizza on cruises. As well, what is this kiddie version of the specialty dining menu, anyone have any idea if it even exists?

Thanks

Generally speaking, the staff will do whatever they can to make you and your daughter happy. :)

We did 6 out of 9 nights in specialty restaurants onboard Anthem with our 4.5 year old daughter. (The 5 night specialty was an amazing deal and our TA gifted us one night, too!)

Each restaurant's staff was welcoming, accommodating and helpful. Our daughter easily found something to eat at each, and never had an issue.

Few thoughts that worked for us...

1--Go early, less crowded and also out of respect for other guests looking for a special dining night.

2--We skipped Wonderland. We simply felt it was not the right dining style, time, experience for our young daughter, especially to avoid disturbing other diners.

3--A lovely controversial topic, but we are very comfortable with bringing a discreet iPad or iPhone with us to dinner, and allow our daughter some headphoned screen time once she is through dinner. Plenty of time in that first hour to converse, talk about our day, giggle, etc., then she ate dinner typically as we were having apps/salad, and then she chilled out to a game or movie while we enjoyed our meal. No right or wrong here, just sharing what works for our family :-)

Enjoy, we had an absolute blast!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by SwimAruba

We did 6 out of 9 nights in specialty restaurants onboard Anthem with our 4.5 year old daughter. (The 5 night specialty was an amazing deal and our TA gifted us one night, too!)

Each restaurant's staff was welcoming, accommodating and helpful. Our daughter easily found something to eat at each, and never had an issue.

Few thoughts that worked for us...

1--Go early, less crowded and also out of respect for other guests looking for a special dining night.

2--We skipped Wonderland. We simply felt it was not the right dining style, time, experience for our young daughter, especially to avoid disturbing other diners.

3--A lovely controversial topic, but we are very comfortable with bringing a discreet iPad or iPhone with us to dinner, and allow our daughter some headphoned screen time once she is through dinner. Plenty of time in that first hour to converse, talk about our day, giggle, etc., then she ate dinner typically as we were having apps/salad, and then she chilled out to a game or movie while we enjoyed our meal. No right or wrong here, just sharing what works for our family :-)

Enjoy, we had an absolute blast!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the info. We usually don't allow technology at the dinner table but when we are out at a nicer restaurant and there are others around we always bring along a tablet and headphone and "reward" her if she finishes her meal. Keeps everyone happy!

I think they were asking if their daughter could eat there for free, having something delivered to the pay restaurant from one of the free ones, not if there would be something on the pay menu the daughter would like...I think? If you guys are wanting an adults dinner, maybe you can just take your daughter to the buffet for dinner, and then drop her off at the kids club while you go eat? I imagine the waiters probably would bring you some free food for her, but it's kind of rude to ask them to go out of their way to get you a dinner from another restaurant and then not pay them. If it were me, I would just pay for her meal, or not take her with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

Ah, I hadn't read it that way initially - probably because it would never in a million years occur to me to do that! I assumed they were thinking the menu in speciality dining might be too fancy for their kid's taste. I would agree that it's definitely not okay to ask the waiters to go to main dining to get a free meal for the kid!! Too funny.

We've found that in the specialty restaurants they'll give our daughter whatever she wants for the $10 price. App from the adult menu, random entree that she asks for, crazy too much dessert that the waiter insists on.

She's super picky and never had an issue.

I'm sure they would get her something from the MDR menu, but I wouldn't expect it to be free especially if you're asking them to go get it from a different kitchen.