Average temperature/weather for April Eastbound Transatlantic

LynnMW3

Hi, everyone. I know no one can predict what the weather will be at any given time, but I was wondering if someone could tell me what the average temperatures usually are on an April eastbound TA (FLL to Southampton)...

Just wondering if swimming on the ship will be an option, and if we should bring more warm weather clothes, like shorts, or more cool weather clothes, like long pants/long sleeve tops.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Hi, everyone. I know no one can predict what the weather will be at any given time, but I was wondering if someone could tell me what the average temperatures usually are on an April eastbound TA (FLL to Southampton)...

Just wondering if swimming on the ship will be an option, and if we should bring more warm weather clothes, like shorts, or more cool weather clothes, like long pants/long sleeve tops.

We did this cruise twice, Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton. Both times the first two sea days were warm pool weather, but after that it was cooler.

I do this cruise every year and this year it is early April so like the OP said the first days may be pretty warm but after that it's mostly cool and rainy especially once we get to northern European ports.

Our mid April 2015 crossing from Ft Lauderdale to Copenhagen was diverted from a cooler northern crossing via Halifax to a warmer more southern routing via the Azores due to a storm with Cobh being the next stop.

Checking the Log of the Cruise temperatures began at 88° for sailaway from Fort Lauderdale with the first sea day being 78°. The other days en route to the Azores the high temperatures were in the upper 60° to the lower 70° range with overcast skies. En route to Cobh the highs we're about 60° but only 50° sailing to La Havre. Ports thereafter (Rotterdam & Hamburg) & on those sea days the high temperatures were about 50°.

For us it was more cool weather clothing but had a pair of shorts for FLL & early in the cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We have sailed from FLL to the Med three times in April - a more southerly course than yours. We found the wind to be the biggest factor in making it feel cool out. It is constant and strong. The pool (protected) did attract many people, and many spent a lot of time sunning in bathing suits. Morning Zumba on pool deck usually found me in three layers to begin, working down to tank and long pants by the end. Walking and relaxing on deck, for me, always called for long sleeves, long pants, big hat.

It's our favorite kind of cruise!