Celebrity Solstice October Refresh Thread

Andy

Here are a few of the most notable changes that are visible in public areas.

f01c0e920599e0589a68e1ec8148ee89.jpg

TV screen - not yet used as they are still trying to get the lawn re established since dry dock.

b1bad769d072f73451713b708f7ef57d.jpg

Cabanas - not used or promoted much. They may be waiting until ship returns to Australian season to push these more.

f599ecc518f1328a112fe20b7648ad80.jpg

Tiffany's- a pop up store where the art gallery used to be on Deck 5. Limited selection of mostly sterling silver pieces but this may expand depending on its popularity.

5ad2d5096ef36cba695cea2c979dc289.jpg

2dde86762e6b43c29c408f5cc99d30c0.jpg

New and expanded seating at both Mast Grill and Bar

db5c7608052cf9881ca5929f491d676e.jpg

Already in place is the World Class Bar on Deck 5, replacing Molecular Bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the pictures.

I'm puzzled by how they expect the movies to be attended.

It looks like the side walls of the cabanas are too high to view them and everyone else will have to sit or lay on the lawn. Not so comfortable for a 2 hour movie! :( (And dragging chairs on the lawn will kill it quickly)

I love watching movies in the evening on Princess and was initially very excited about this addition but the execution seems (once again :( ) to have not been thought out.

The screen would have been so much more accessible if it were down on the pool deck as it is on Princess where one can lay on a deck chair to watch.

:confused:

Edited by chamima

Repeat cruisers know about the art scam, but we are a small %. , the place is full of people wantin the free bubbly.

We've been on numerous cruises and keep scratching our head as to why someone would do their art buying on a cruise. What exactly is the scam? Impulse buying? Same for the jewelry and watch "sales"?

Thank you so much for those photos! I'm relieved that the cabanas haven't taken up too much of the lawn, and that the lawn area up by Sunset Bar looks unscathed! The new Mast Grill seating looks good. Still shedding a tear for Molecular Bar though, where we've met some of our best cruise buddies in the past!

Thanks for the photos - looks great. Can't see myself using the cabanas or going to Tiffanys though. Do the walls or tops of the cabanas move around to get the views or shade or whatever - or are they fixed?

Hope you're having a great cruise btw.:)

We've been on numerous cruises and keep scratching our head as to why someone would do their art buying on a cruise. What exactly is the scam? Impulse buying? Same for the jewelry and watch "sales"?

Lol. I tend to agree. Our friend went to an auction to 'take a look' swearing they were not interested in purchasing - yet got caught up in the moment and walked away $500 poorer [emoji23]

Thanks for the pictures.

I'm puzzled by how they expect the movies to be attended.

It looks like the side walls of the cabanas are too high to view them and everyone else will have to sit or lay on the lawn. Not so comfortable for a 2 hour movie! :( (And dragging chairs on the lawn will kill it quickly)

I love watching movies in the evening on Princess and was initially very excited about this addition but the execution seems (once again :( ) to have not been thought out.

The screen would have been so much more accessible if it were down on the pool deck as it is on Princess where one can lay on a deck chair to watch.

:confused:

I think the idea is to sit on a blanket on the lawn but yes that could get a little uncomfortable for a full length movie. The roofs of the cabanas can be folded away so maybe they will be popular for VIP movie viewing ...at a VIP price of course [emoji848][emoji15]

Lol. I tend to agree. Our friend went to an auction to 'take a look' swearing they were not interested in purchasing - yet got caught up in the moment and walked away $500 poorer [emoji23]

So, your friend purchased the $100 piece of art for $500? What a bargain! Good thing there were no time share salesmen on board😦.

Thanks for the photos. We were on the Solstice from September 19th until October 22nd when we left her in Singapore. Much of the talk on the ship during those two cruises centered on the upcoming dry dock.

And the Cellar Masters enomatic wine dispensers were still in place when we left the ship so must have been removed during the dry dock.

Any update on the dry dock? Is it already underway? If so, when is the target for completion?

Its been a done, all over rover. The Solstice is today in Brisbane on its way back to Sydney in a couple of days time. It was in dock for only two weeks

We left the Solstice on October 22nd as it entered dry dock in Singapore. The dry dock was less than two weeks. It always amazes me how much work can be done in such a short time. We stayed a week in Singapore after leaving the ship, and had considered staying a few more days and taking the Solstice back to Sydney. We did meet a couple in Michael's Club who were doing just that -- taking the 14 night cruise back to Sydney.

Its been a done, all over rover. The Solstice is today in Brisbane on its way back to Sydney in a couple of days time. It was in dock for only two weeks

I had to go and see it today with my own eyes :) Ended up only seeing it from a distance because it is at the grain terminal (so embarrassing when a ship is there). Will be getting a lot closer look when we are on it in 53 days

I had to go and see it today with my own eyes :) Ended up only seeing it from a distance because it is at the grain terminal (so embarrassing when a ship is there). Will be getting a lot closer look when we are on it in 53 days

Mr&MrsCookie...... We will be getting off as you are getting on. :).

Christmas on the Solstice would be wonderful. Have fun and look after her for me. I'll wave to you as I get on, I'll be the one grinning like an idiot and wetting my pants with excitement :D

Lol ........ We will look after her just for you. I will also wave when we get off also, I'll be the one sooking like a baby :D

I will throw you some nappy pants :p:p:p for your comfort.