Bidding for Haven/Upgrades

leeker13

They gave me 14728 haven spa suite. Was a little worried about being on the starboard side but it's the farthest one forward and people who have been in that suite said they heard nothing from above.

thats good because 6 am treadmills are not quiet. but i have to admit if the price was right id suffer through the pain

Me too! We sail on Sunday and haven't heard anything!

Between me checking for my upgrade and watching the pregnant giraffe....I'm gonna need a Valium. :halo::'):halo:

when i read this i thought for a moment i was reading about the Anthem. which does have a giant giraffe on board. thought it was preg lol

Me too! We sail on Sunday and haven't heard anything!

Between me checking for my upgrade and watching the pregnant giraffe....I'm gonna need a Valium. :halo::'):halo:

If it would help me win one of my bids I would reach in there and pull that damn baby giraffe out of there! Valium and Vodka will be my poison of choice next Saturday!

Please everyone bring back reviews and updates on your experience. I was scheduled for Norwegian Escape in September. Unfortunately, we decided to cancel and go with another cruise line instead. I loved NCL that last time we did a 9 days cruise but people whom we recommended try them out aren't happy with some of the recent changes. I am curious to know how the cruise is for avid cruisers. Thanks everyone. Happy cruising

Would you mind telling me how you bid? We're in a spa mini but are looking at the Haven spa and bid in all the Haven categories. There are a LOT of Haven spas left on our sailing on the Breakaway in early May, and hoping that the fact that it holds 2 not 3-4 is going to deter (or prevent) a lot from bidding on one of them.

We were in a spa balcony and I bid on 3 of the haven categories including the spa suite. All were close to minimum bid but did bid about $30 more for the spa suite... and that's the one that came thru.

Like I said before I am surprised my bid was accepted... maybe my original spa balcony is a slightly better bargaining chip. I'm sure they also take into account what you've paid up to that point. But thought I originally got a good deal on the spa balcony... so who knows what their algorithm is.

Ok just got an email "Norwegian Cruise Line.......Next Stop Havana!".......I thought it said next stop HAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damnit......not cool NCL.....not cool at all.

Me too! I almost passed out! Way to check my heart NCL! Think im going to take some earlier advise and focus on my mini suite.....and if it happens, it happens bc the anxiety is terrible.....i think i have a bidding problem, haha

We were in a spa balcony and I bid on 3 of the haven categories including the spa suite. All were close to minimum bid but did bid about $30 more for the spa suite... and that's the one that came thru.

Like I said before I am surprised my bid was accepted... maybe my original spa balcony is a slightly better bargaining chip. I'm sure they also take into account what you've paid up to that point. But thought I originally got a good deal on the spa balcony... so who knows what their algorithm is.

No one knows for sure. They probably do take into account what has been paid so far and many other revenue aspects. But I'm willing to bet it is some sort of algorithm that they put into a computer that maximizes overall revenue.

i.e. your bid may not have been the highest dollar amount bid for the room you won....but maybe the person who bid on a spa balcony made it so that giving you the spa suite made them more money than someone else moving up from a different room/category.

I'm sure it's all complicated, but I'm also sure that there isn't just a couple people sitting at a desk saying "hey, this one bid $50 and this one bid $60, so $60 wins". Our bids don't exist in a vacuum all by themselves, they create domino effects down the line for other people bidding up to other categories.

No one knows for sure. They probably do take into account what has been paid so far and many other revenue aspects. But I'm willing to bet it is some sort of algorithm that they put into a computer that maximizes overall revenue.

i.e. your bid may not have been the highest dollar amount bid for the room you won....but maybe the person who bid on a spa balcony made it so that giving you the spa suite made them more money than someone else moving up from a different room/category.

I'm sure it's all complicated, but I'm also sure that there isn't just a couple people sitting at a desk saying "hey, this one bid $50 and this one bid $60, so $60 wins". Our bids don't exist in a vacuum all by themselves, they create domino effects down the line for other people bidding up to other categories.

In that case, my category (spa mini-suite) is sold out, so anyone bidding for a mini is more than welcome to have mine ;)

We booked with a TA for the Dawn leaving 4/16 out of NOLA. We are currently in a mini suite. If I'm reading right, there's a chance NCL will send us an email asking to upgrade at some point? Just making sure there's nothing I can do proactively to try to get an upgrade in. Looking online, the price difference between MS and suites are pretty high, so not sure how much I really should try to bid to try to get the upgrade should I be given the chance. TIA for any advice!

Posted Today, 11:01 AM

For those who have been lucky and won their bids, how far out were you notified and when did you receive your email notification? During the week (M-F) or weekend? Was it during working hours 9-5 or otherwise??? Just trying to limit my obsessive checking of the email 😜

For those who have been lucky and won their bids, how far out were you notified and when did you receive your email notification? During the week (M-F) or weekend? Was it during working hours 9-5 or otherwise??? Just trying to limit my obsessive checking of the email 😜

I won my bid on a Wednesday at 4:18 pm. I've noticed the emails tend to go out on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. Mine came 11 days before our sailing date (we sail April 9), but others on our cruise received theirs in the last week. For what it's worth, we were in a mid-ship mini suite and upgraded to a Haven Courtyard. Our bid was in the low fair range. Best of luck with your bidding!

~Leslie

Hey gm, we were notified 10:50am Monday morning

I won my bid on a Wednesday at 4:18 pm. I've noticed the emails tend to go out on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. Mine came 11 days before our sailing date (we sail April 9), but others on our cruise received theirs in the last week. For what it's worth, we were in a mid-ship mini suite and upgraded to a Haven Courtyard. Our bid was in the low fair range. Best of luck with your bidding!

~Leslie

Thanks so much for the response. I'm currently in the same category as you were And bidding the same. Fingers crossed!!

I'm sorry if I've missed this, but does anyone know if this program is going to be rolled out to NCL's other ships? We're sailing on the NCL Pearl in November for a 9-day cruise and we're booked in one of the courtyard penthouses (H5). I would be interested in bidding on an H2 or H3. I booked through Costco and I'm not sure if they participate in this program.

I'm sorry if I've missed this, but does anyone know if this program is going to be rolled out to NCL's other ships? We're sailing on the NCL Pearl in November for a 9-day cruise and we're booked in one of the courtyard penthouses (H5). I would be interested in bidding on an H2 or H3. I booked through Costco and I'm not sure if they participate in this program.

Apparently so.

We're on Dawn 4/23 and received the invitation to bid about 45dys out, March 8.

For a previous poster it came via email at 1:25pm:D;)

T-Minus 5 Days and counting. I woke up this morning with joy and hope but alas no emails, which could be good or bad. If there is anyone out there who is sailing this week on the Escape and have received win/loss emails on there bids please post here. I feel like a 5 year old waiting for Christmas, now the only worry is will I get that new Huffy Thunder Road 54 or a pair of knitted socks from Aunt Donna .

T-Minus 5 Days and counting. I woke up this morning with joy and hope but alas no emails, which could be good or bad. If there is anyone out there who is sailing this week on the Escape and have received win/loss emails on there bids please post here. I feel like a 5 year old waiting for Christmas, now the only worry is will I get that new Huffy Thunder Road 54 or a pair of knitted socks from Aunt Donna .

I am right there with you! Different ship but same week. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

More than likely you will hear 2 days before sailing. I did as did many others. Good Luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

T minus 4......Note to NCL: Please stop sending me promotional emails for the rest of the week! You are killing me. Every time I see one I think "Here we GO!" only to have my hopes crushed when it says I still have time to take advantage of $50 deposits on my next cruise. NEXT CRUISE?!?!? With this bidding process I am not sure my heart will hold out to go on this one! THAT IS ALL.

T minus 4......Note to NCL: Please stop sending me promotional emails for the rest of the week! You are killing me. Every time I see one I think "Here we GO!" only to have my hopes crushed when it says I still have time to take advantage of $50 deposits on my next cruise. NEXT CRUISE?!?!? With this bidding process I am not sure my heart will hold out to go on this one! THAT IS ALL.

Totally get it! At this point, im pretty sure im staying put in my mini suite......last check, there were only 2 haven courtyard left. Everything else showed sold out. Thank goodness I booked a room Im happy with!

4 more days!!:cool: