Bidding for Haven/Upgrades

leeker13

Nothing has been posted to my credit card....yet. So excited!

Congrats! I couldn't take the anxiety any longer and after a recent price drop, called NCL and upgraded to an H9 for May 7th. The price drop was enough of a difference to match our bids:D

Congrats! I couldn't take the anxiety any longer and after a recent price drop, called NCL and upgraded to an H9 for May 7th. The price drop was enough of a difference to match our bids:D

Wow! And did you get ALL the promos since you upgraded?

Much better than waiting on a bid. Very smart:cool: Congratulations!!!

Wow! And did you get ALL the promos since you upgraded?

Much better than waiting on a bid. Very smart:cool: Congratulations!!!

Indeed! I also paid less for the upgrade ($870pp) than what I bid on the suite! I wasn't going to bid anything less than $900!

I wonder if I'll still be mailed the luggage tags, but assuming not, will print everything out. I'm also going to contact pre-concierge to get all of our requests squared away:)

Indeed! I also paid less for the upgrade ($870pp) than what I bid on the suite! I wasn't going to bid anything less than $900!

I wonder if I'll still be mailed the luggage tags, but assuming not, will print everything out. I'm also going to contact pre-concierge to get all of our requests squared away:)

How did you manage that? I saved over $1200 on the current price not counting the fact that I prepaid my tips at the lower rate.

How did you manage that? I saved over $1200 on the current price not counting the fact that I prepaid my tips at the lower rate.

I think the fact that there is still a large inventory of H9 suites available influenced the price drop. The H5 Courtyard also dropped in price, but I want the option of the spa, so I didn't upgrade to one. I'm curious as to how the bidding will play out, and when everyone will be notified since we're 18 days out.

My sailing is the 23rd on the Breakaway. I was notified yesterday. What's weird is all the Haven suites haven't been assigned. There are still quite a few available for purchase.

Congrats! We also sail on the 23rd (on the Star) and doesn't appear that anyone has heard a peep about accepted bids :( Sadly, our sailing looks pretty much sold out...still clinging to hope, though!

• 2 weeks later...
gem for this saturday still has a handful of rooms out. insides are 399. what are the chances i could bid into the garden villa. cant afford the 18K right now

My Son and dtr in law just got back yesterday on the Breakaway and upgraded from a JS to a Haven Balcony. They bid 750 each and had not problem and still saved over $1500 from the original cost. So if you are inside, paying $399- you really have to come up.

I want to bid but me wife won't allow me - She's afraid I'll win :( . We're in going on June abroad the Norwegian Gateway Baltic tour, staying in a Balcony Stateroom

I'm on the other end of the spectrum, my dh keeps telling me to bid more :eek: I won't do it, I'm not a gambler and this seems to me like too much of a gamble

I'm on the other end of the spectrum, my dh keeps telling me to bid more :eek: I won't do it, I'm not a gambler and this seems to me like too much of a gamble

As you can't lose, it isn't a gamble...

How is it a gamble? There are 2 outcomes... either you get an upgrade at the price you've named, or you don't get an upgrade and pay nothing.

I bid $850/pp on a Breakaway courtyard balcony and we won. We still saved over $1200 of the full price. I was totally worth it. The staff is phenomenal and they clearly enjoyed having our little girl in the Haven. She was so spoiled even if she doesn't know it. The weather was not very good on any of our sea days so having a pool area with the roof closed worked out very well.

I bid $850/pp on a Breakaway courtyard balcony and we won. We still saved over $1200 of the full price. I was totally worth it. The staff is phenomenal and they clearly enjoyed having our little girl in the Haven. She was so spoiled even if she doesn't know it. The weather was not very good on any of our sea days so having a pool area with the roof closed worked out very well.

When are you sailing???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As you can't lose, it isn't a gamble...

How is it a gamble? There are 2 outcomes... either you get an upgrade at the price you've named, or you don't get an upgrade and pay nothing.

I consider it a gamble in the fact that I could lose a perfectly good room that I picked out and end up in another room in a higher class but less desirable location - under the pool deck, buffet etc.

I guess calling it a gamble is in the eye of the beholder, since I could say when you gamble there are 2 outcomes, I win or lose.

winter sailings should always be in haven :) wish i did my december sailing in that. didnt need it in october.

yet they charge less in winter than summer. seems backward to me

I apologize in advance if I am about to ask people to repeat info that's already here, but it's far too daunting to read through 43 pages of posts here. My mom is sailing solo on Breakaway next Sunday. I originally booked her a studio and was then able to upgrade her to an oceanview very cheaply after a price drop.

Last week, she finally decided that she'd take a chance with the lowest balcony bid possible. I thought I put in the bid, but now I am wondering if I did not complete the process. I logged into her MyNCL today to check because there was a huge price drop on balconies. I instructed her to call to see if they'd move her into a balcony, and I was going to try to rescind the bid. However, there was no indication at all in her MyNCL that there was a bid.

I am only concerned about this now because they did move her into a balcony at no charge due to the price drop. I want to make sure that there was no bid. Would they have sent a confirmation email of the bid? Would I have had to re-enter credit card info to complete the bid? I did not. I am really feeling quite daft right now because I can't figure this out, so I'd appreciate any answers anyone has to these questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I apologize in advance if I am about to ask people to repeat info that's already here, but it's far too daunting to read through 43 pages of posts here. My mom is sailing solo on Breakaway next Sunday. I originally booked her a studio and was then able to upgrade her to an oceanview very cheaply after a price drop.

Last week, she finally decided that she'd take a chance with the lowest balcony bid possible. I thought I put in the bid, but now I am wondering if I did not complete the process. I logged into her MyNCL today to check because there was a huge price drop on balconies. I instructed her to call to see if they'd move her into a balcony, and I was going to try to rescind the bid. However, there was no indication at all in her MyNCL that there was a bid.

I am only concerned about this now because they did move her into a balcony at no charge due to the price drop. I want to make sure that there was no bid. Would they have sent a confirmation email of the bid? Would I have had to re-enter credit card info to complete the bid? I did not. I am really feeling quite daft right now because I can't figure this out, so I'd appreciate any answers anyone has to these questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You would have gotten an email that bid was placed and you would have needed to add credit card information to submit the bid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro