Bidding for Haven/Upgrades

leeker13

You would have gotten an email that bid was placed and you would have needed to add credit card information to submit the bid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you! I thought so, but I wanted to make sure. I think I must have clicked to try to bid for her and then never actually finished the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This might just drive me nuts before even getting to the cruise. Sailing on the BA in July. Booked a nice aft balcony under the canadian at par promo. Got the email to bid on higher categories. Those lower bids are very high for that cruise compared to what I have read on here. Only bid on Haven aft penthouse because we want to keep the aft. I have over analyzed this whole process trying to figure out if I have to increase my bid. There are still 9 aft suites left (and numerous other cabins in other Haven categories on that sailing). To upgrade to full price would mean doubling what I already paid for the cruise. Not an option for this year. I know there are no formulas and I will be happy with my aft balcony but I still want to try. Does half of what it would cost to upgrade to full price sound fair? Too high?? Doesn't even move the meter to good!

I will keep watching prices and availability plus emails, credit card and myNCL. Must also find time to work to pay for the trip!

A birthday trip in the Haven would be fun. Will keep my fingers crossed.

This might just drive me nuts before even getting to the cruise. Sailing on the BA in July. Booked a nice aft balcony under the canadian at par promo. Got the email to bid on higher categories. Those lower bids are very high for that cruise compared to what I have read on here. Only bid on Haven aft penthouse because we want to keep the aft. I have over analyzed this whole process trying to figure out if I have to increase my bid. There are still 9 aft suites left (and numerous other cabins in other Haven categories on that sailing). To upgrade to full price would mean doubling what I already paid for the cruise. Not an option for this year. I know there are no formulas and I will be happy with my aft balcony but I still want to try. Does half of what it would cost to upgrade to full price sound fair? Too high?? Doesn't even move the meter to good!

I will keep watching prices and availability plus emails, credit card and myNCL. Must also find time to work to pay for the trip!

Just bid what you are willing to pay. I like my original room and bid slightly higher than the lowest bid-if I get it YAY if not YAY I'm going on a cruise!

Just my opinion, but the upgrade program was rolled out late last year. With the peak summer sailings and especially on trips to Bermuda coming up, I'd think we'd be seeing less upgrades happening and if they are, probably at a higher price.

Sailing on the May 7th Breakaway to Bermuda. Just won Haven upgrade to H4 two bedroom family villa from Balcony. Bid just over the poor/fair line on scale. Looks like a good move as the weather sailing out of NY looks bad as well as the weather in Bermuda for the two days we are there. Oh well, I guess that covered sundeck/pool area will come in handy. Got notified 6 days before sailing. If anyone has questions on the bid process, please feel free to ask:D.

Sailing on the May 7th Breakaway to Bermuda. Just won Haven upgrade to H4 two bedroom family villa from Balcony. Bid just over the poor/fair line on scale. Looks like a good move as the weather sailing out of NY looks bad as well as the weather in Bermuda for the two days we are there. Oh well, I guess that covered sundeck/pool area will come in handy. Got notified 6 days before sailing. If anyone has questions on the bid process, please feel free to ask:D.

This may have been answered in the 43 preceding pages, but it's a lot to wade through. If you're notified early enough, is it possible to add passengers if you move into a room that can sleep more?

We received our upgrade notice yesterday afternoon, hitting my credit card first and then the email notice. Moved up from a mini-suite to a H4-Haven. My bid was on the upper side of poor on the meter scale so a little surprised that it was good enough to win the bid. Plus NCL website wasn't even showing our cruise because it was suppose to have been "sold out". Was very surprised that we received the upgrade notice this far out in advance of our 21st sailing date, regardless we are thrilled. Good luck to everyone else that is in the bidding process..:cool:

We're on your sailing, and glad we just decided to upgrade ourselves a few weeks back, because the process was so nerve racking! And like you, glad we're now in Haven, although the weather won't be THAT bad, right? :confused: Still hoping the forecast changes though!

This may have been answered in the 43 preceding pages, but it's a lot to wade through. If you're notified early enough, is it possible to add passengers if you move into a room that can sleep more?

I wondered that too. We have 2 large balcony cabins booked for our family of 4, but if we upgraded to a 2 bed Haven could we transfer the second cabin booking across to the one Haven suite?

I wondered that too. We have 2 large balcony cabins booked for our family of 4, but if we upgraded to a 2 bed Haven could we transfer the second cabin booking across to the one Haven suite?

Don't think so and second room is tiny and they will lose their promotions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No. If one cabin gets the upgrade you are still stuck with the 2nd cabin. You cant give up 2 cabins to get one. They are trying to fill cabins not combine them. It would be great if you could!;p

We received our upgrade notice yesterday afternoon, hitting my credit card first and then the email notice. Moved up from a mini-suite to a H4-Haven. My bid was on the upper side of poor on the meter scale so a little surprised that it was good enough to win the bid. Plus NCL website wasn't even showing our cruise because it was suppose to have been "sold out". Was very surprised that we received the upgrade notice this far out in advance of our 21st sailing date, regardless we are thrilled. Good luck to everyone else that is in the bidding process..:cool:

congrats, this is the first time I've read someone found out over 2 weeks ahead of time!!

Hi I've just booked for a cruise in 6 weeks time on the Star. Booked a OV guarantee. Ideally would have liked a balcony but couldn't justify the £300 each extra charge. Any chance I'd be able to find a good upgrade offer this close to sailing? Only appears that balconies and suites are still available on the cruise now...

We leave in two weeks on the breakaway. I just put our bid in. So nerve-racking. Did I bid enough? Will I get it? Should I bid on another? Is it really worth paying that much? Just some of the things I keep thinking about. Wish us luck!

We leave in two weeks on the breakaway. I just put our bid in. So nerve-racking. Did I bid enough? Will I get it? Should I bid on another? Is it really worth paying that much? Just some of the things I keep thinking about. Wish us luck!

Good luck! We just got off Escape yesterday, absolutely loved the Haven and found it worth the extra expense. I did find the waiting rather stressful though.

Upsell is so much fun and so anxiety-producing at the same time (in a good way).

Our family is happily lucky to be in an H5 June 18th on the Breakaway, but the temptation to have a bigger balcony (and a second toilet...there is not enough poo-pouri in the world to make up for having one's own toilet) pushed me towards bidding on an H2 and H3.

The H4 we were on last trip had so much wasted space for our family of 3, and not really a much larger balcony, so not worth the minimum 600$/person bid. The H2 is listed as "sold out" on every website, and there is only 1 H3 left, so I am not hopeful, but I'm still dreaming of those gorgeous balconies. From what I gather from this thread, even the "sold outs" may not be sold out - so crossing my fingers.

Either way...we win because it's 7 days in absolute biss!

Amy

Not for the Haven, but I recently got an upgrade bidding request from the Pearl and submitted a bid. Figure it is best to put the thought of winning out of my mind. The fates have control at this point.

Upsell is so much fun and so anxiety-producing at the same time (in a good way).

Our family is happily lucky to be in an H5 June 18th on the Breakaway, but the temptation to have a bigger balcony (and a second toilet...there is not enough poo-pouri in the world to make up for having one's own toilet) pushed me towards bidding on an H2 and H3.

The H4 we were on last trip had so much wasted space for our family of 3, and not really a much larger balcony, so not worth the minimum 600$/person bid. The H2 is listed as "sold out" on every website, and there is only 1 H3 left, so I am not hopeful, but I'm still dreaming of those gorgeous balconies. From what I gather from this thread, even the "sold outs" may not be sold out - so crossing my fingers.

Either way...we win because it's 7 days in absolute biss!

Amy

Just a FYI - the BA/GA H2/H3 have a movable wall between them and they leak noise. YMMV depending on the people, but someone talking at a normal voice at their table in the H3 can be clearly heard next door in the H2.

Just a FYI - the BA/GA H2/H3 have a movable wall between them and they leak noise. YMMV depending on the people, but someone talking at a normal voice at their table in the H3 can be clearly heard next door in the H2.

We were just on the GA in an H3 and heard nothing. Perhaps we had good neighbors. [emoji23]

Someone on our roll call just got upgraded from inside to OV just a little over 3 weeks from sailing

Im sailing on the dawn this coming friday the 12th. I booked inside 8667 and bid for a balcony and won it 10520 I got a notice 16 days out. It sounds corny but I had a dream I won for 500$ so I moved my bid to 250 pp and later that day I got the email. 300pm on april 26. To keep our packages it would have cost me more than double that to upgrade.

It blew me away cause I have never seen it come that early from all the research I have been doing, but I am guessing they wanted to try to sell more inside cabins.

Im excited though especially since the weather looks to be crappy it will be nice having a bigger room for our honey moon.

Edited by MrsJudy

Im sailing on the dawn this coming friday the 12th. I booked inside 8667 and bid for a balcony and won it 10520 I got a notice 16 days out. It sounds corny but I had a dream I won for 500$ so I moved my bid to 250 pp and later that day I got the email. 300pm on april 26. To keep our packages it would have cost me more than half of that to upgrade.

It blew me away cause I have never seen it come that early from all the research I have been doing, but I am guessing they wanted to try to sell more inside cabins.

Im excited though especially since the weather looks to be crappy it will be nice having a bigger room for our honey moon.

ENJOY and Congrats!:)

Im sailing on the dawn this coming friday the 12th. I booked inside 8667 and bid for a balcony and won it 10520 I got a notice 16 days out. It sounds corny but I had a dream I won for 500$ so I moved my bid to 250 pp and later that day I got the email. 300pm on april 26. To keep our packages it would have cost me more than double that to upgrade.

Congrats...Have a wonderful honeymoon!

Congrats as well - but beware...we had our first upgrade for our 10th anniversary, and since that time have not been able to go back to "regular" cruising. Once you go suite - it's really, really hard to do anything else.

And thanks for the warning about the connecting wall between the H2 and H3 - did not think about that (that's why I love cruise critic members so much!). With an (occasionally) loud 8 year old, we would not want to upset our neighbors.

Amy

Hi all, Wanted to share that we are booked on the Dawn for May 12th and just got our "upgrade approved" notice yesterday. We had a Mid-Ship Mini Suite and were upgraded to a 2 bedroom family suite. Its our kiddo's 18th birthday while we are on the cruise and we're celebrating our 25th anniversary a bit early so we thought the privacy for all and the big ole bathroom would be a nice treat! Here's to hoping the weather perks up a bit!