Bidding for Haven/Upgrades

leeker13

Congrats as well - but beware...we had our first upgrade for our 10th anniversary, and since that time have not been able to go back to "regular" cruising. Once you go suite - it's really, really hard to do anything else.

And thanks for the warning about the connecting wall between the H2 and H3 - did not think about that (that's why I love cruise critic members so much!). With an (occasionally) loud 8 year old, we would not want to upset our neighbors.

Amy

So true. I surprised my husband with a suite years ago and he will never sail any other way

Hi all, Wanted to share that we are booked on the Dawn for May 12th and just got our "upgrade approved" notice yesterday. We had a Mid-Ship Mini Suite and were upgraded to a 2 bedroom family suite. Its our kiddo's 18th birthday while we are on the cruise and we're celebrating our 25th anniversary a bit early so we thought the privacy for all and the big ole bathroom would be a nice treat! Here's to hoping the weather perks up a bit!

Congrats!!! What a great way to celebrate your special occasions!

Hi all, Wanted to share that we are booked on the Dawn for May 12th and just got our "upgrade approved" notice yesterday. We had a Mid-Ship Mini Suite and were upgraded to a 2 bedroom family suite. Its our kiddo's 18th birthday while we are on the cruise and we're celebrating our 25th anniversary a bit early so we thought the privacy for all and the big ole bathroom would be a nice treat! Here's to hoping the weather perks up a bit!

We are in the Gem but not until June 2018 and hoping for the same offer. We have a midship mini suite and would like to bid on the 2 bedroom family suite. Do you mind if I ask what the minimum bid and the winning bid?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Just thought I would supply some math on our bid process in hopes that our experience will be able to help someone else with their upgrade bid process. We originally booked a BC balcony for $750pp ($550 each, but I included the $200pp port and tax fee) for a total of $3000 for our family of four. I then bid on all Haven categories except for mini-suite (no interest in just a bigger bathroom). We won the H4 two bedroom family villa for a bid of $1,250 pp (for a total of $2500 since just the 1st and 2nd guests were charged). So, all in, we spent $5,500 for four guests since we booked during 3rd and 4th guests sail free. Our next door cabin booked at $3950 pp ($7900 not including port and tax fees). So, it broke down to a savings of about $2500. Not a huge savings, but we will happily put that toward our next suite (aboard Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas). We absolutely loved everything about our Haven experience, and I would highly recommend that anyone who has the opportunity to upgrade… do so! The service, styling, accommodations and restaurant are truly top notch. The exclusive perks alone make the Haven experience priceless and absolutely well worth the extra money.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

Hi all. Just thought I would supply some math on our bid process in hopes that our experience will be able to help someone else with their upgrade bid process. We originally booked a BC balcony for $750pp ($550 each, but I included the $200pp port and tax fee) for a total of $3000 for our family of four. I then bid on all Haven categories except for mini-suite (no interest in just a bigger bathroom). We won the H4 two bedroom family villa for a bid of $1,250 pp (for a total of $2500 since just the 1st and 2nd guests were charged). So, all in, we spent $5,500 for four guests since we booked during 3rd and 4th guests sail free. Our next door cabin booked at $3950 pp ($7900 not including port and tax fees). So, it broke down to a savings of about $2500. Not a huge savings, but we will happily put that toward our next suite (aboard Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas). We absolutely loved everything about our Haven experience, and I would highly recommend that anyone who has the opportunity to upgrade… do so! The service, styling, accommodations and restaurant are truly top notch. The exclusive perks alone make the Haven experience priceless and absolutely well worth the extra money.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

That is a good price overall. BTW - a minisuite is not a Haven category.

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I am sailing on July 16th on Breakaway to Bermuda. I recieved the bid invite for haven upgrades.

I see only one Haven is sold out at this point. But I cant see how many are left in inventory. Can any one post the inventory if they have access?

Thanks

Hi!

I am sailing on July 16th on Breakaway to Bermuda. I recieved the bid invite for haven upgrades.

I see only one Haven is sold out at this point. But I cant see how many are left in inventory. Can any one post the inventory if they have access?

Thanks

If there were a few more in inventory, you would be able to see them. They usually list multiple rooms to pick from in the "buy a cruise" section. The fact that you can only see ONE does not mean there is only one available. One might be on some sort of hold or about to cancel or it is possible someone in a haven will upgrade. But, what you see in the end is probably right and if only one is available for bidding... it might take a stronger bid to get it.

Does one have to receive email for bid invitation. The reason I am asking, booked last week. Cruise less than 90 days out and many cabins seem available.

Can I open our vacation summary and look for link to submit bid?

Does the minimum bid decrease if no one is bidding? The minimum for the spa Balcony on my upcoming cruise (7/16 to Bermuda) is at $500. I booked 30 days before sailing so I'm not sure if it was higher previously.

It's not too bad but if there's a possibility it will decrease I'll wait. Last year before this bidding I received 3 emails from upsell one week apart from each other and each time the price dropped significantly. It started around 1K and went down to $300pp.

Does one have to receive email for bid invitation. The reason I am asking, booked last week. Cruise less than 90 days out and many cabins seem available.

Can I open our vacation summary and look for link to submit bid?

I believe you must have the link to bid. When you log into your account the "banner" should be there if they want you to upgrade. It's my understanding not everyone will receive the opportunity to bid, just fyi.

Does the minimum bid decrease if no one is bidding? The minimum for the spa Balcony on my upcoming cruise (7/16 to Bermuda) is at $500. I booked 30 days before sailing so I'm not sure if it was higher previously.

It's not too bad but if there's a possibility it will decrease I'll wait. Last year before this bidding I received 3 emails from upsell one week apart from each other and each time the price dropped significantly. It started around 1K and went down to $300pp.

I can only go by my experience and the minimum to upgrade for us never changed. I don't know if the "upsell" department is as active as before so it would be a big gamble to wait and see if pricing went down. In order to bid you must have paid what you have booked and once that is done I don't think you have an option of changing your plan.

I can only go by my experience and the minimum to upgrade for us never changed. I don't know if the "upsell" department is as active as before so it would be a big gamble to wait and see if pricing went down. In order to bid you must have paid what you have booked and once that is done I don't think you have an option of changing your plan.

Mine never changed as well and bid was not accepted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mine never changed as well and bid was not accepted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mine changed, the only way I saw it was that i cancelled my bid and then when I went back in to rebid it was listed at a lower amount.

I'm sailing July 29th in a balcony room. My first offer to bid for an upgrade to a mini suite was $40 pp and now it's down to $25 pp. Haven bid minimums have not changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
Hello everyone..... I am sailing on The Getaway in Nov. 2017 I have an angled balcony on deck 14. The offered me an upgrade to a mini-suite and higher. What are everyone's thoughts. Yeah....or Nay ?

You did not indicate if you were offered a bid, or an upgrade? Two different things.

And, if you bid, what do you think the chances are of getting it? And how much do you need to bid? (nobody here or even at NCL knows right now)

Do you want a mini suite?

I can bid mini suite, spa balcony,and different levels of Haven . Do you think that it is worth it ?

It doesn't seem like the mini suite has anything additional then an angled balcony. do they ?

IMO Haven is worth it, mini suite is not. Mini suites are exactly the same as a balcony stateroom except the bathroom is slightly larger.

Hello everyone..... I am sailing on The Getaway in Nov. 2017 I have an angled balcony on deck 14. The offered me an upgrade to a mini-suite and higher. What are everyone's thoughts. Yeah....or Nay ?

Of course, a real suite is nicer. And great if the price is right. BUT - who knows what price you will end up at. And of course, there are a very limited amount of cabins available to even assign to winners.

Folks often post asking if a suite or haven is worth it. I have to chuckle when so many post - YES IT IS WORTH IT. Apparently what people say here and what people book do not match up. People mostly actually BOOK lower category cabins. Just an observation.

Of course, a real suite is nicer. And great if the price is right. BUT - who knows what price you will end up at. And of course, there are a very limited amount of cabins available to even assign to winners.

Folks often post asking if a suite or haven is worth it. I have to chuckle when so many post - YES IT IS WORTH IT. Apparently what people say here and what people book do not match up. People mostly actually BOOK lower category cabins. Just an observation.

Thank you