Bidding for Haven/Upgrades

leeker13

my bid is in for a haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom & Balcony.

cruise is 10/8 out of NY. These rooms look nice and knowing they are at the back of the ship versus the actually Haven at the front, but shouldn't be a problem.

We did the Haven Aft Penthouse on the NCL Getaway in 2015 out of Miami. The NCL Breakaway has the same footprint and so you'll love the balcony! We spent most of our time on our balcony on our cruise and had our butler bring us breakfast every morning!

I’m surprised that the bidding system doesn’t look at # of pax in a room. There are 3 of us and we have an aft balcony on the Epic. I received the bidding email. It had a mini suite but we’re afraid that it won’t be that much bigger and we enjoy sitting on the balcony and ours is probably bigger. Another choice to bid on was a Haven Penthouse Suite but it says it only sleeps 2. I wonder how many people don’t look closely at the description and bid only later to find out it only sleeps 2?

I’m surprised that the bidding system doesn’t look at # of pax in a room. There are 3 of us and we have an aft balcony on the Epic. I received the bidding email. It had a mini suite but we’re afraid that it won’t be that much bigger and we enjoy sitting on the balcony and ours is probably bigger. Another choice to bid on was a Haven Penthouse Suite but it says it only sleeps 2. I wonder how many people don’t look closely at the description and bid only later to find out it only sleeps 2?

I would bet the system would not allow booking 3 into a room with a capacity for 2, even if somehow they could bid on it. On the other hand, if the listed capacity is 3 including a sofa bed, it would allow it.

One would hope people would LOOK at what type of cabin they are bidding on. That might be asking a bit much of some people - LOL!

my bid is in for a haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom & Balcony.

cruise is 10/8 out of NY. These rooms look nice and knowing they are at the back of the ship versus the actually Haven at the front, but shouldn't be a problem.

Did Aft last year. Great room. Trouble was heading north, the balcony faced the sun & was so hot daytime could not sit outside.

Prices finally went down on my sailing in 3 weeks so I had to adjust my bid down. Don’t want to over pay. Called to see what it would cost outright still to high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. On the same cruise. GTY balcony are same price I paid for OV. But did get 2 free at sea promos. My bid in fair to good. But still waiting. Will leave it alone as I did bump it up a few bucks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Lol. On the same cruise. GTY balcony are same price I paid for OV. But did get 2 free at sea promos. My bid in fair to good. But still waiting. Will leave it alone as I did bump it up a few bucks.

It still amazes me how some cruises people get their bid accepted so quickly. With ours nope you have to wait the full 48hrs before. Lol. I’m ok either way I like my mini suite but for the right price I will take a full one

It still amazes me how some cruises people get their bid accepted so quickly. With ours nope you have to wait the full 48hrs before. Lol. I’m ok either way I like my mini suite but for the right price I will take a full one

Hope you get it as have a bid on a mini suite also

BEWARE. We got upgrade on Star to Suite Aft deck 8. 8172. Just above Spinnaker lounge. Loud music til midnight (or later). You get no choice of rooms if you win a bid. And charged right away. Cabin was great, but don't plan on sleeping early!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

In New Orleans, my room faced the mardi gras street. The hotel gave me ear plugs Suggest bringing them in case you get a suite above or below a potentially noisy location.

Has anyone bid and won the 2 bedroom villa on the Escape with only 2 people cruising? I was thinking about bidding but it seems like a waste for only 2 people. I will be bidding for other categories too, but just wondered about this category because the starting bid is higher than the other categories I am bidding on.

BEWARE. We got upgrade on Star to Suite Aft deck 8. 8172. Just above Spinnaker lounge. Loud music til midnight (or later). You get no choice of rooms if you win a bid. And charged right away. Cabin was great, but don't plan on sleeping early!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Yeah, those rooms on Star and Dawn aft on 8 noise is a problem.

Has anyone bid and won the 2 bedroom villa on the Escape with only 2 people cruising? I was thinking about bidding but it seems like a waste for only 2 people. I will be bidding for other categories too, but just wondered about this category because the starting bid is higher than the other categories I am bidding on.

The 2BR generally is priced pretty high so if only two of you another room type would probably be a better deal. Some couples do like it is one spouse snores loudly then they have slept in different rooms.

After reading through this tread for awhile it was making me rethink how I booked. I booked a Spa balcony to Bermuda for the end of June 2018. I booked it over the summer and got free drink, dining package, and I think $50 0r $100 in OBC. After taxes and what not it's about $4300 for 2 . Now that I'm hearing about all these upgrades and what not. I wonder if I would have been better off waiting till it gets closer to sail time to book or going with an regular balcony or inside and hope for the opportunity to upgrade. I like the location and layout of the cabin I have now, I'm not sure how much I could potentially save to make the change to an unknown cabin spot. Also wondering if I should have just gotten a regular balcony and added the spa on after. I was nervous that the spa packages might book up fast. I'm a new cruiser so not much experience with how things book up.

After reading through this tread for awhile it was making me rethink how I booked. I booked a Spa balcony to Bermuda for the end of June 2018. I booked it over the summer and got free drink, dining package, and I think $50 0r $100 in OBC. After taxes and what not it's about $4300 for 2 . Now that I'm hearing about all these upgrades and what not. I wonder if I would have been better off waiting till it gets closer to sail time to book or going with an regular balcony or inside and hope for the opportunity to upgrade. I like the location and layout of the cabin I have now, I'm not sure how much I could potentially save to make the change to an unknown cabin spot. Also wondering if I should have just gotten a regular balcony and added the spa on after. I was nervous that the spa packages might book up fast. I'm a new cruiser so not much experience with how things book up.

Just remember that it's a gamble, not just because you may not get the upgrade at all, but even if you do you will not get to choose the specific cabin.

Also I imagine there's more cabin availability at this time of year than you would likely see at the end of June, especially with all the hurricane activity this year likely scaring off some potential cruisers.

Just remember that it's a gamble, not just because you may not get the upgrade at all, but even if you do you will not get to choose the specific cabin.

Also I imagine there's more cabin availability at this time of year than you would likely see at the end of June, especially with all the hurricane activity this year likely scaring off some potential cruisers.

It's tricky not knowing the possible money I could save either. If we're talking $50 it's not worth it, $1,000 probably worth them picking it. My luck I would get the worst cabin on the ship. ;p

When you receive the invite to bid - was your original booking thru the cruise line or will they also send the bids to people who used TA to book? Wondering if this makes a difference in the emails going out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If your travel agent opts into the bidding program you will get email. If they do not opt in you will not receive e mail to bid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If your travel agent opts into the bidding program you will get email. If they do not opt in you will not receive e mail to bid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How do,you,know,if,your agent opts into program?

Thx

Being it is summer and Bermuda IMO the chances would be less than what you are seeing people getting this time of year.

We did not receive an "e-mail", but when I logged into my NCL account, I happen to see it on the e-mail section.

We are sailing the Christmas cruise on Escape, so imagine ship will be extremely full. 3 of us, including 6 year old.

We booked mini suite (for a variety of reasons). Just booked it, about 75 days out. Had the opportunity to bid on 6 different Haven categories. I think for us, the Haven would be worth the upgrade, so I put a variety of bids on 4 of the room categories. The particular categories I wanted more, I put more value on.

I know that rooms change, so even if rooms booked look like they are booked now, it will change as people upgrade. Domino effect. and add to it the people who book the rooms with out choosing specific rooms. imagine at some point, the cruise lines have to upgrade people just to fit in all the rooms.

We are 70 days out, and hoping we hear something sooner rather than later, and do not have to wait until 3 days out to find out if out bids were good. either way, we will be extremely happy with room we booked.

• 2 months later...
We did not receive an "e-mail", but when I logged into my NCL account, I happen to see it on the e-mail section.

We are sailing the Christmas cruise on Escape, so imagine ship will be extremely full. 3 of us, including 6 year old.

We booked mini suite (for a variety of reasons). Just booked it, about 75 days out. Had the opportunity to bid on 6 different Haven categories. I think for us, the Haven would be worth the upgrade, so I put a variety of bids on 4 of the room categories. The particular categories I wanted more, I put more value on.

I know that rooms change, so even if rooms booked look like they are booked now, it will change as people upgrade. Domino effect. and add to it the people who book the rooms with out choosing specific rooms. imagine at some point, the cruise lines have to upgrade people just to fit in all the rooms.

We are 70 days out, and hoping we hear something sooner rather than later, and do not have to wait until 3 days out to find out if out bids were good. either way, we will be extremely happy with room we booked.

Did you end up winning the bid? If so, when did they notify you? Thanks for the info! :)

Edited by TorXo
spelling