Swimming in Harvest caye

michelle028

There is a pool, a lagoon, and the open ocean. One ought to fits your needs.

Thx for your reply!

I realized my question wasn't clear! I meant to ask if the ocean was safe for swimming :) I'm debating to book this cruise in Jan but for me its not worth it if I can't swim in the ocean!

Thx for your reply!

I realized my question wasn't clear! I meant to ask if the ocean was safe for swimming :) I'm debating to book this cruise in Jan but for me its not worth it if I can't swim in the ocean!

It will be about as safe as the ocean in any other port of call. Common sense and knowing your abilities goes a long way. If you aren't a good swimmer get down to your local YMCA or fitness club and take some lessons or get stronger in the water by yourself.

It will be about as safe as the ocean in any other port of call. Common sense and knowing your abilities goes a long way. If you aren't a good swimmer get down to your local YMCA or fitness club and take some lessons or get stronger in the water by yourself.

As you know, some cruiseports don't have beaches right by where the ship docks or it is there and you just can't swim in it like Cabo so that is why I'm asking about Harvest Caye being safe to swim in!

So if it is calm and shallow thats great! Let me know

As you know, some cruiseports don't have beaches right by where the ship docks or it is there and you just can't swim in it like Cabo so that is why I'm asking about Harvest Caye being safe to swim in!

So if it is calm and shallow thats great! Let me know

It's hard to give you an answer to your question when no one has been to Harvest Caye yet. It won't be open until mid-November so until then ships are still tendering to Belize City marina.

Hi all,

Can you safely swim at Harvest Caye? I'm not a good swimmer but I love just being in the water.

Thanks for your help.

HI,

i have stayed in the Belize town of Placencia which isn't too far from Harvest Caye. I have swam in the waters and they were average ocean waters in the Placencia Bay. I would safely assume that during normal mild weather conditions someone who is not a good swimmer could easily navigate the waters. Also I would assume NCL would create the island to be reasonably shallow and not deep as they would want everyone to enjoy the lagoon.