Mr. Sancho's or Playa Mia

Balto. Guys

We would like to know if either of them offer NON all inclusive. We don't need to pay $80 each for a taxi, couple of tacos and a couple of beers. We never understood the value, when most beaches are public.

Mr Sanchos does pay as you go. Free beach with no entry fee.

I haven't been to playa mia

I like Mr sanchos, nice beach and good food delivered to your chair if you want. Unlimited drinks are good and generally just keep appearing once they know what you like.

I haven't done any of the activities that you pay for like the water play things.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

We have been to both. We loved Mr. Sanchos. Nice beach, pool with swim-up bar, the food on the all-inclusive menu was very good...loved that it was not a buffet - they give you a menu and you order what you want and they bring you as much as you want. It's fresh and yummy. Very relaxing and fun day. Playa Mia was pretty good. We chose it primarily because of the pools/slides that they have since we have kids. Food not as good and not as 'private' of an experience. Felt more crowded and touristy. Would go back to Mr. Sanchos in a heartbeat. Would probably pass on Playa Mia again.

I have only been to Playa Mia, and it was a wonderful day, still tops on my list of cruise/vacation memories. It was 6 years ago, but still very fresh in my mind. I have not been to Mr Sanchos, but have read lots of very good reviews of it, and I would also consider it for future beach visits to Cozumel. I guess I would come down to price, taxi cost, but I would consider both.

Thank you, free beach, a couple of beer and tacos it is.

IMHO Paradise Beach is a better option than the non-AI side of Mr. Sanchos - bigger, better facilities and a HUGE pool. Taxi to either will be about $17 each way; cab fare covers up to 4 passengers, so pair up with others from your roll call and save $$ for more margaritas.

If you want free you have the free side of Mr Sanchos or you can get into Paradise Beach for $3 per person and they ask that you spend around $20 on food and drinks while you are there.

Playa Mia is not free you will be charged $30 per person admission (a little less if you buy through discount sites) but that includes access to all their non motorized water toys, pools etc. If you don't plan on using any of the water toys you'd be better off going to Paradise Beach or the free side of Mr. Sanchos. No point in paying $30 for something you won't be using.

We'll be in Coz on Halloween and we will be going to Playa Mia but I have 3 kids going and we'll be taking full advantage of the toys and maybe snorkeling while we are there. We just bought the entry package and will order off the menu for our food and drink. The extra $100 we'd pay to get the bar and buffet add on wasn't worth it for us.

Our ship arrives at noon, and leaves at 10pm. The AI versions at these resorts close up at around 5pm - only giving us about 4 hours onsite.

So, if we pick the "free" entry and order off the menu - will we find that the place still closes its doors at 5pm?

I'd love to find a place with All Inclusive option which goes later into the evening - but we only found a very small beach one at the pier El Cid, which doesn't look very good.

Our ship arrives at noon, and leaves at 10pm. The AI versions at these resorts close up at around 5pm - only giving us about 4 hours onsite.

So, if we pick the "free" entry and order off the menu - will we find that the place still closes its doors at 5pm?

I'd love to find a place with All Inclusive option which goes later into the evening - but we only found a very small beach one at the pier El Cid, which doesn't look very good.

Depends what you are looking for, what you want to do and whether you need an actual sandy beach? There are options but it won't be at one of the regular beach clubs.

LOVE MR SANCHOS!!!!!

We didn't get "all inclusive" because we are in recovery and don't drink alcohol. However, the main reason we wanted to go was to JET SKI.

If you like Jet Skiing, then MR SANCHOS is the best place to do it in Cozumel! They are the ONLY place where you don't have "a guide" and they give you about a mile stretch to go as fast as you like and just tell you when to be back.

Beach and pools are gorgeous at Mr Sanchos. We didn't eat there, we went back to Panchos Backyard (Best Mexican in CoZ!) and had a great lunch there.

From reading various posts, it sounds like you are seated at beach chairs and have an assigned waiter at Mr. Sancho's. What if you want to move to the pool and use the swim up pool bar? How does the waiter deal with that? Does he get angry that you might be giving cash tips to the pool bartender instead of him? Will he still wait on you if/when you return to your chairs? Just want to test the etiquette here. I'm thinking of the AI option here.

My hubby just reserved us for Mr Sanchos after we saw all the great reviews on Cruise Critic & Trip Advisor and weighed the pros & cons of doing one of the cruise excursions (so expensive!) This is a first time in Cozumel for both of us:) and no couple needs this vacay more!!!! Coming in on Carnival Fantasy, Nov. 26.

If anyone has further comments/suggestions/hints about Mr. Sanchos, we would love to hear them. :D

• 4 months later...

PAYG side of Sanchos does have a pool and chairs; your waiter will keep track of your tab. They keep the two sides separated so that those on the AI side do not share their drinks with the PAYG side customers.