lchf diet

grimpil

I have had numerous doctors and dieticians tell me there on only two ways to lose weight.

You MUST burn more calories than you consume...period. Now, watching watch you put in your mouth helps as it is easier to control intake. However, you can eat nothing but tofu all day, every day and if you don't burn more calories than you consume you will not lose weight.

The second option...have something cut off you body.

Personally, I don't recommend the second option.

calories in/ calories out is not 100% accurate.

people are on LC/HF diets for a reason and its not only to lose weight. Diabetes is one main reason

https://authoritynutrition.com/debunking-the-calorie-myth/

Edited by hftmrock

tHANK YOU. :)

AHS 123

Did the rules here change ? and we are not to ask for clariication lest it annoys someone.

No they haven't changed, but the acronym was spelled out in the first sentence of the original post. It seemed anyone reading more than the title of the thread would have seen that.

I eat LCHF and have done for several years now. I generally cruise a couple of times a year.

When on a ship I don't find it too difficult to be honest. I avoid pasta, rice, potato and bread sticking to mainly meat or fish with vegetables. Eggs for breakfast with bacon and sometimes a tomato or some mushrooms. I avoid sweet things or things I think may be high in sugar content.

I feel very well and have lost, and continue to lose, weight. Better still my doctors (GP, Diabetic doc, lipids doc and cardiologist are all very happy with the blood results some of which are almost down to the levels of people who don't have type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol.

thank you all for your informative responses. My wife and i are new to the lchf lifestyle but we have had great success. We have lost combined 40lbs since aug 2, i need a new belt! I am very encouraged to see more people having success from this lifestyle. It is a leap of faith for me as i am a cardiac nurse and have been bombarded with "eggs and butter" etc. contribute to heart disease my whole career.

I prefer to think of it as a low carb high protein lifestyle. It's because fat has no carbs that people embrace it, but you still don't really want to over-indulge. It's best to be smart about it. I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes over 6 years ago, and went on a low carb high protein diet and lost over 45 pounds. My blood sugars came into normal range. I was satiated at meal times and happy overall. I don't over-indulge in the high fat foods but I do not deny them as they have little to no carbs.

It's all about balance, and yes, on a cruise ship you can definitely find that. I prefer the buffet where I can make my own good choices. :)