How many Elegant night's on a 13 day Cruise

Liverpoollovely

We had three Elegant Nights on our 15 day Cruise to Hawaii on the Miracle. It is quite possible there will be three on the Vista as well. It should be safe to plan for at least two Elegant evenings. Our group dressed to the nines on the first Elegant Night and for the remaining two, we moderated how we dressed, based upon what outfits we had available. I personally, am not packing a suit jacket this time, simply because of weight and space restrictions for our transatlantic flights. More than likely, I will be wearing slacks, a dress shirt and a tie for each of them (two or three).

I'll be on the cruise with you----and the previous one (Oct. 11) as well. We figure 3 "elegant" nights for the transatlantic. However, please realize that "elegant" can be construed many ways. On our Carnival cruises lately the men are dressed in anything from polo shirts and semi-dressy trousers to a tux. The women in slacks and dressy tees to evening gowns. Just bring what you're comfortable being seen in. We tend to the dressier to formal (see below--if I can still fit into the grey tux, look for us---I have 6 different ties and studs!), but most of our tablemates are no jacket, non fancy dressers.

15616684721_2342c43612.jpg

2552837581_71d71a16ea.jpg

I'm on the same cruise as you (as well as the cruise right after it). I'm planning on bringing 2 evening gowns. It never even occurred to me that we may have 3 Formal/Elegant Nights so thanks for asking this question!! If I have room in my suitcase, I'll pack a 3rd evening gown (a shorter one, knee length), if not, I'll bring a long dress that could be classified as semi-formal. I love dressing to the nines on cruises, it's part of what makes cruising fun (for me at least)!! :D

Just for packing reasons does anyone know how many elegant nights there are for a 13 day transatlantic cruise? I have only ever done at the most 8 days sailing :-)

There are never more than 2 elegant nights on any cruise.

But sometimes they pull out crazy things. We were on a 5 night cruise where we were only supposed to have one, but they scheduled 2 (back in the formal nights description days). Mostly everyone ignored the second one, cause no one planned or packed for it.

But sometimes they pull out crazy things. We were on a 5 night cruise where we were only supposed to have one, but they scheduled 2 (back in the formal nights description days). Mostly everyone ignored the second one, cause no one planned or packed for it.

cool thank you :) I think I will not get too wrapped up about it and just see how it goes the good thing is we are Platinum so we get some free washing so we could always get our formal outfits washed in time for the next one if there was more than two elegant nights

Maybe on Carnival, but that is not the case on other cruise lines.