Specialty Restaurants Gratuities Included?

kpun

Just wondering if the fee to dine in the specialty restaurants like Tuscan Grille include gratuities.

Yes it does, but if you get exceptional service, I would give that person an extra "cash" gratuity to show your appreciation. That way he doesn't have to share it in the pool.

Yes it does, but if you get exceptional service, I would give that person an extra "cash" gratuity to show your appreciation. That way he doesn't have to share it in the pool.

Thanks for the info!

We also have the drinks package and plan to tip for great service as well. Should we tip in cash so the bartender doesn't have to put it in the pool?

Thanks for the info!

We also have the drinks package and plan to tip for great service as well. Should we tip in cash so the bartender doesn't have to put it in the pool?

I would. We always tip our favorite bartender -- especially the ones who see you coming, know what you are drinking, and have your drink ready when you get there.

Some bars, like the Sunset Bar, who have 3-4 who are steady regulars there, split the tips between themselves, but that is a personal decision they make.

If you are going to upgrade from the Classic to the Premium, the server/bartender who gets you to upgrade gets to keep the 18% gratuity, so I am told. I usually like to upgrade with the Sommelier -- I get great wine selections at dinner time. :)

We usually book more than 1 night in each of the specialty restaurants and always give the server and additional gratuity. The next night we arrive the servers fight over who is going to wait on us! LOL! They work hard and deserve the additional recognition!

We always tip extra for drinks and dinners including the dining room if service is personable. I always wonder for specialty dinners what a average range for extra gratuities is since it is a set fee. I know it is personal thing, but any ideas of what would be considered the norm?

We always tip extra for drinks and dinners including the dining room if service is personable. I always wonder for specialty dinners what a average range for extra gratuities is since it is a set fee. I know it is personal thing, but any ideas of what would be considered the norm?

Who knows? Some tip extra, some don't. It's not required but they never turn down an additional tip. You can also use up some of your OBC for the tip if you want.