Princess Balcony Dinner

iceleven

I've read previous reviews about personal experiences with the Balcony Dinner but I've never gotten a good understanding as to what the servers do while you eat. Do they just stand nearby inside your cabin or your deck waiting for you to tell them you are ready for the next course or do they leave your cabin and simply anticipate when you will be ready for the next course?

I have been hesitant to order this service because in no way would I want someone standing nearby while I was eating and in such close proximity to overhear private conversation.

Those of you have had this service, please let me know your experience. I'm not necessary interested in the menu, just how were you served and their presence in your cabin.

They stay outside of the cabin , they won't be on the balcony with you. They actually have a quite a bit to do as they have to run the food back and forth from the kitchen. The general atmosphere can be fairly private depending on location . From my standpoint it worth every penny , especially if you are enjoying it with a special someone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ltcal94

I agree with the others... It was a great experience.

They do their thing on the balcony and then wait outside in the hallway. We thought it was amazing how they knew exactly when to come back in for the next course etc...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They do their thing on the balcony and then wait outside in the hallway. We thought it was amazing how they knew exactly when to come back in for the next course etc...

Yes, the timing is absolutely amazing. Maybe it's just that the room is so much darker than outside, so they push the door open and check from afar but you never seem them check.

I say this somewhat jokingly. Do not make mention of any other food item that you've ever enjoyed on a cruise dinner before, or the junior waiter will be sprinting to the kitchen to get you a plate of it before you can say NOOOOOO!!!!! We did our UBD on King Crab Leg night in the MDR (because we knew the typical meals on a 7d Alaska RT from Seattle, and chose to do UBD on crableg night and not Lobster night), and before we knew it, he was back with a dozen. We felt terrible that we barely touched them. The service is impeccable.

I say this somewhat jokingly. Do not make mention of any other food item that you've ever enjoyed on a cruise dinner before, or the junior waiter will be sprinting to the kitchen to get you a plate of it before you can say NOOOOOO!!!!! We did our UBD on King Crab Leg night in the MDR (because we knew the typical meals on a 7d Alaska RT from Seattle, and chose to do UBD on crableg night and not Lobster night), and before we knew it, he was back with a dozen. We felt terrible that we barely touched them. The service is impeccable.

They've asked if we wanted anything from that evening's MDR menu but knowing how much food there is we do not request anything else.

However the room service supervisor knew that many passengers like the twice baked goat cheese soufflé. So he brought it to us & we also couldn't say NOOOOOO because that's one of our favorites even though we knew it would make us even more stuffed. We sacrificed to eat it but that resulted in all of our dessert going into our fridge for the next day. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer