My Favorite entertainment so far on 10 NCL cruises

david5272

Jose and Patti have to be close to the top as well as Oh what a night, but I am going to go way back, I mean back to the olden days: our very favorite was when they did the Broadway shows in the show rooms: I remember the Sea when it was the Seaward and they did the Westside Story. We loved it as did our granddaughters who were about 11 and 14 at the time. Now one is 35 and the other 31.

Best production show I’ve ever seen was Priscilla on the Epic.

On the final night of the Dance Clash competition aboard the Star Jefferson ( CD’s staff) and his passenger partner put on a dance routine that was hilarious, inspired, and imaginative.

I don’t cruise for the entertainment, and only fairly rarely go to the theatre. I do enjoy live music though. These are a few things I’ve enjoyed over the years:

Howl at the Moon. I’ve spent many a night there, on the Escape, Breakaway and Getaway. For some reason I’ve never enjoyed it as much on the Epic. Perhaps it’s the venue.

Blue Man Group. Always loved them. We see them when convenient off the ships these days (New York, Orlando and are seeing them next week on their world tour).

Just about any juggler. The one on the Jade this summer was hilarious. The funniest thing I have seen for some time. We also saw one on the Pearl a few years back who was very funny.

The Beatles Band in the Epic. There has been a Beatles tribute on the Epic in Europe for years, before the Cavern was added. Exactly what you’d expect, but very good. I remember one cruise particularly when we missed a port and they put on a special show in the theatre. It really was a fantastic show to an almost full theatre.

Slam Allen. Saw him on the Epic and Breakaway. Really good band.

A special mention for Pablo (I think that was his name) on the Spirit a few years back. A really great guy, and good guitar player. He used to play in Henry’s Pub and is the only entertainer who has got a vacation hero card from us. His replacement, Jefferson, is also very good, but Pablo became a good friend over that cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can pretty much tell the age range of those responding by the shows or entertainment they prefer. :) I do have to agree with Keith on cruising and entertainment. We used to go to a show every night, now it is not that way. We could pretty much care less what the show is. We did go to 2 shows on our cruise last month, but for us, the piano bar, the atrium entertainment or whatever is just fine. Or, if we get out from dinner after a certain time, we have one last drink and head to our cabin. OK, so I am showing my age.

• 2 weeks later...