Breakaway Hurricane News 10/9

carol54

Disney is a premium cruise line. NCL is a budget cruise line. You need to lower your expectations when booking NCL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have no expectations when sailing Ncl

However so far so good for the rock bottom prices I prefer to pay

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And they were the only cruise line (we read later after returning home) that stopped in a port for supplies. While in Galveston, they had also arranged to fly in entertainment from California so for the next three nights we had great performers! My daughter's teacher was on RCCL and they ran out of everything -- breakfast foods, lemons, fruits, laundry soaps, fresh towels and linens, etc. She said it was awful. Disney even put us up at a resort when we missed our flight because the bus from Port Everglade was late.

That is exactly what happened

I thought they were more than generous

Did you know they even contacted the mayor of Galveston and asked if he could reach out to the shops etc in the area to open early that Saturday we went there?

I briefly thought about leaving the ship in Galveston but so glad we didn't as we had great weather and when we finally got back...to Fort Lauderdale...not PC....Jetblue was there for us too....we got on a 4pm flight that day!!!

Edited by luvtheships

That is exactly what happened

I thought they were more than generous

Did you know they even contacted the mayor of Galveston and asked if he could reach out to the shops etc in the area to open early that Saturday we went there?

I briefly thought about leaving the ship in Galveston but so glad we didn't as we had great weather and when we finally got back...to Fort Lauderdale...not PC....Jetblue was there for us too....we got on a 4pm flight that day!!!

Not only contacted the Mayor, but then the town arranged to have that marching band there when we arrived! Don't forget, this was the very first time a Disney ship visited there and they were besides themselves with excitement. No matter where we walked people were greeting us and welcoming us. It was a great experience. We loved that town and I'd go back. And then on the sail out, there were dozens of dolphins leading the way -- it was extraordinary. nice to be Disney's first 10-day cruise LOL. I even got a pin from Disney for that hurricane.

Edited by Wyoming2010

Not only contacted the Mayor, but then the town arranged to have that marching band there when we arrived! Don't forget, this was the very first time a Disney ship visited there and they were besides themselves with excitement. No matter where we walked people were greeting us and welcoming us. It was a great experience. We loved that town and I'd go back. And then on the sail out, there were dozens of dolphins leading the way -- it was extraordinary. nice to be Disney's first 10-day cruise LOL. I even got a pin from Disney for that hurricane.

I remember how hot it was that day!!

It was a very nice addition to our cruise!

I didn't realize she was sobbing because he wouldn't sail directly into a hurricane. I thought she was sobbing because she was looking forward to going to Bermuda, and found out she didn't get to.

I'm so surprised at how many people on CC think it's a major crime for someone to feel disappointed about something. Just because someone is disappointed, doesn't mean they don't understand or don't agree with the decision.

I have a cruise on the Breakaway coming up this spring. The only reason I am cruising out of the Port of New York is in order to sail to Bermuda. If I get there and for whatever reason find out we aren't going to Bermuda, sure I will have a great time on my cruise, I will understand and likely agree with the decision, but obviously I would be disappointed. That's completely normal.

It's because most posters here have no compassion and enjoy to see others suffering for their own amusement. I cite the person who a few pages back as example a, she said something like, "too bad hahahaha #nosympathyfromme"

Edited by SilentHill

lol, I'm waiting for the News reports on Sunday on how awful everything was

and how they are going to sue NCL etc etc.

Look if the destination is Important for you to get you, then may i say fly,but if you did fly to Bermuda, I'm sure that if you did fly to Bermuda, you would not have been able to enjoy your vacation, with a Cat 4 hurricane hitting the Island.

Who would you blame then? and the ones that are talking about Zikka, just another angle of trying to get something out of the cruise line.

Marion

example b.

Disney is a premium cruise line. NCL is a budget cruise line. You need to lower your expectations when booking NCL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boy, do I miss the time when NCL really was a budget cruise line back under Kevin Sheehan. Last minute deals from NYC to Bermuda for $400pp Those were the days.

Ever since his departure NCL has been trying to be something it's not and I think that is why people are holding them to higher standards, I personally don't like the Breakaway that much as a ship, I much prefer them Gem, and I think our next cruise will be on RCCL, It use to be an apples to oranges comparison between the two, but now it's more like fresh apples on RCCL to rotting apples on NCL.

It's because most posters here have no compassion and enjoy to see others suffering for their own amusement. I cite the person who a few pages back as example a, she said something like, "too bad hahahaha #nosympathyfromme"

come on now, suffering? because the NCL decided that they had to change the itinerary? suffering? isn't that a little over dramatic?, my goodness, atleast they went somewhere,on a beautiful ship!

and before others moth off and talking about other lines giving 100% refunds

please go and read some of the posts.....lets say RCC and others.

Lord I hope all these people acted like fools will never cruise again,and spare the crew such horrible behavior.

Marion

We were on the 10/7 -10/14 Boston to Bermuda sailing. I am so grateful to hear that the Island has been spared what could have been a catastrophic Hurricane! as for NCl being communicative? although I do appreciate that the Captain up until TUESDAY morning -literally- we were told that the schedule for Tuesdays departure was unchanged. Boom 8:00 am Tuesday off we went instead of the normal 5 pm. The funniest thing was all day Monday ALL of the Dockyard locals said were would be leaving earlier LOL, including some very nice gentleman at the bar of the Boneyard as we sat there watching the weather reports. I guess that is why instead of the normal 1pm arrival we got in at 8 am !!

One thing to please keep in mind, many of the Dockyard folks ie: cab drivers, tour operators, mini bus drivers, restaurant owners and workers ( the list goes on ) REALLY rely on the Ships coming to the Island, The Breakaway and the other 2 ships that didnt come this past Wednesday and even the Dawns early departure on Tuesday really impact the locals incomes for the "Travel" season in Bermuda.

Gotta keep the perspective :)

We were on the 10/7 -10/14 Boston to Bermuda sailing. I am so grateful to hear that the Island has been spared what could have been a catastrophic Hurricane! as for NCl being communicative? although I do appreciate that the Captain up until TUESDAY morning -literally- we were told that the schedule for Tuesdays departure was unchanged. Boom 8:00 am Tuesday off we went instead of the normal 5 pm. The funniest thing was all day Monday ALL of the Dockyard locals said were would be leaving earlier LOL, including some very nice gentleman at the bar of the Boneyard as we sat there watching the weather reports. I guess that is why instead of the normal 1pm arrival we got in at 8 am !!

One thing to please keep in mind, many of the Dockyard folks ie: cab drivers, tour operators, mini bus drivers, restaurant owners and workers ( the list goes on ) REALLY rely on the Ships coming to the Island, The Breakaway and the other 2 ships that didnt come this past Wednesday and even the Dawns early departure on Tuesday really impact the locals incomes for the "Travel" season in Bermuda.

Gotta keep the perspective :)

I'm glad everyone got back home safe and sound,and

glad you got to enjoy Bermuda as we did on The Breakaway

we left 2 hours early on Friday Oct 7th.

The locals know what the cruise ships are going to do

they have been through Hurricanes many of times'

Yes we know that Bermuda depends heavily on tourism,

and that's why they get the Island up and running in

record time, not only for the tourist but for their people!.

I have a feeling the Breakaway is going to go to Canada because of people throwing hissy fits this week. I'm going to think of this idiot when I'm freezing my ass off on my balcony on Monday. :mad:

Thank you, for calling me an Idiot, it shows your level

of intelligents to results to name calling, you do know

that you don't have to spend the entire cruise on your

balcony freezing as you state "your ass off" . I'm sure

you will not be going to Canada on Monday! I wish

you a wonderful cruise regardless of where the wind

will take you

Marion Kalio

I'm glad everyone got back home safe and sound,and

glad you got to enjoy Bermuda as we did on The Breakaway

we left 2 hours early on Friday Oct 7th.

The locals know what the cruise ships are going to do

they have been through Hurricanes many of times'

Yes we know that Bermuda depends heavily on tourism,

and that's why they get the Island up and running in

record time, not only for the tourist but for their people!.

We were on the same cruise. Yes, leaving early was no surprise because the locals had actually told us the day before we'd be leaving around Noon LOL. Did you have a good time? Did you like the ship? My only complaint was the mess in the terminal -- if they want to host large ships they need to update their terminal in NYC!

We were on the same cruise. Yes, leaving early was no surprise because the locals had actually told us the day before we'd be leaving around Noon LOL. Did you have a good time? Did you like the ship? My only complaint was the mess in the terminal -- if they want to host large ships they need to update their terminal in NYC!

Hi, we had the best time, we also had a lot of our cruising

friends on board. First time for us on the Breakaway, but not first

time with NCL.

We had no issues in the terminal, but I believe that was

because we were in the Haven. I'm glad you also

had a good time, we will certainly book the Breakaway

again to Bermuda. Have a great day/week

Marion

P.S The Staff/Crew was the best

On the same sailing... agree with everything you stated. Yes, had a great time. Yes, loved the ship. No issues with the staff , service or food. Complaint - agreed - the mess at the terminal.

On the same sailing... agree with everything you stated. Yes, had a great time. Yes, loved the ship. No issues with the staff , service or food. Complaint - agreed - the mess at the terminal.

One of the best room steward we've ever had over 16 cruises. The staff and crew were great -- and made up for the mess of a sailing on the Pride of America in 2008! Too many people for the terminal though -- and we (unfortunately) weren't Haven. Two hours to get through security and checkin -- with two system shut downs! And two hours to even get off the ship, through the terminal and customs. One escalator and one elevator for 3,900 people. :(

We were on the breakaway on October 9th and as soon as we heard the itinerary was changed to go to Bahamas we were forced to get off the ship due to zika concern.

We came all the way from ISRAEL to make this trip and were very disappointed with the way it turned out.

We don't blame NCL for changing the itinerary in general, we do blame it for changing it to a place with zika and that the entire thing was done in a very shady way.

I can't find how to "tag" users here, optimusprime82, Berks_girls and all others forced to get off the ship I missed here, please contact me.

We were on the breakaway on October 9th and as soon as we heard the itinerary was changed to go to Bahamas we were forced to get off the ship due to zika concern.

We came all the way from ISRAEL to make this trip and were very disappointed with the way it turned out.

We don't blame NCL for changing the itinerary in general, we do blame it for changing it to a place with zika and that the entire thing was done in a very shady way.

I can't find how to "tag" users here, optimusprime82, Berks_girls and all others forced to get off the ship I missed here, please contact me.

shady how?? Zika is also in the USA by now,yes even in NYC and also in Israel

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/science/1.722472

Hope you had insurgence to get your money refunded.If you choose to get off the ship, NCL does not owe you a refund. In the contract that you signed of on when you book, it clearly states no port in guaranteed.

NCL did nothing wrong, didn't have to give you $200 on board credit either.

I do feel bad that you missed Bermuda but you could have a great vacation on board a beautiful ship.

Life sometimes hand you lemons, but you can make something great out of it

by the way Bermuda also had Zika cases, it's something you really cant get away from anymore

Marion

Edited by mkalio

shady how?? Zika is also in the USA by now,yes even in NYC and also in Israel

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/science/1.722472

Hope you had insurgence to get your money refunded.If you choose to get off the ship, NCL does not owe you a refund. In the contract that you signed of on when you book, it clearly states no port in guaranteed.

NCL did nothing wrong, didn't have to give you $200 on board credit either.

I do feel bad that you missed Bermuda but you could have a great vacation on board a beautiful ship.

Life sometimes hand you lemons, but you can make something great out of it

by the way Bermuda also had Zika cases, it's something you really cant get away from anymore

Marion

Zika cases that were found in Israel and in Bermuda were not resulted due the the bug that can bite you randomly, they were transmitted probably through sex. That's not the case in Bahamas...

And please, I did not ask for any comments on what NCL has done right or wrong or what I could have done differently.

So if there are others who were forced to get of the ship on October 9th, please contact me.

Where the heck were they supposed to go? Storms all around, and a ship that size can't just dock anywhere. Plus, there are a finite number of docks. Why not just stay on the ship? I'm sure most of the mosquitoes were blown away anyway.

Where the heck were they supposed to go? Storms all around, and a ship that size can't just dock anywhere. Plus, there are a finite number of docks. Why not just stay on the ship? I'm sure most of the mosquitoes were blown away anyway.

Any other port that is zika free would have been fine for us. even days at sea or staying in new york.