Complimentary speciality dining ensuite in Penthouse and other nice touch

andnosyd

I didn't realize this was a benefit, but I thought I'd share since I didn't see this published anywhere. Long story short, the shoreside concierge asked us about dining reservations at the speciality restaurants. Having 2 young children and not wanting to ruin others dining experience if they started to get restless, I told her we'd have to pass. She responded that as Penthouse guests, we could have any of the speciality restaurants delivered to our room instead.

Also, as stated above, since we have 2 young kids and are on a 15 day cruise, I asked if there was any way I could ship some toys to the ship so we didn't have to travel with as much. She said I could send them to the Corporate office and they'd be hand delivered the day of our cruise.

We've traveled in Royal Suites before, but it never seemed as accommodating. Really looking forward to our trip in a few weeks now!

Thank you for sharing. This is good to know as we are in a Penthouse in January and I've never seen a clear answer about this here. When we were on Eclipse this past January the maitre'd of Luminae had mentioned that the occupants of one of the Penthouses ate dinner in their suite every night with their traveling companions and had food sent in from Luminae. I just wasn't clear if that was an exception that was made or standard allowance for a Penthouse.

So far as I know it is an exception - unless it is a very recent change. I think in general they try to make special accommodations for those in top suites, but such extras are courtesies and not guaranteed perks.

It's perhaps still an exception, but for the shoreside concierge to put it in writing, I'm assuming that it's becoming more common than not. Our last cruise in Royal Suite the butler told us to just order whatever we want from any restaurant, but I just thought he was going a little above and beyond and perhaps he was. It's nice to know that our dining options have extended to any restaurant that we can have delivered though.

There are a number of onboard benefits we have extended to us, thatnarent commonly discussed. Some in RS and mostly in the PH, reasonable requests simply aren't denied. Special service is often provided unsolicited.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

There are a number of onboard benefits we have extended to us, thatnarent commonly discussed. Some in RS and mostly in the PH, reasonable requests simply aren't denied. Special service is often provided unsolicited.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Agree. We have loved on a few cruises having a meal in our room which is not on any menu. The best being our butlers suggestion of 'leaving it to him' and providing us with a selection of Indian food.

I also love the fact that the OP was so considerate of the dining experience of others (and the wellbeing of his small children). The solution of extended room service from the specialities in this situation was clearly a good move....Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

We are not regular 'in suite' diners but it is nice to have options....I must add we have only ever requested anything special when on the PH we have never asked in a RS.

Edited by chemmo

I have to agree with the previous two cruisers: we have had a number of "special touches" on our PH cruise but choose not to publically advertise them. There is a world of difference between advertised, official perks and what can, on occasion, be offered.

Favours, such as allowing Specialty Restaurant or Luminae meals would depend very much on the cruise and the circumstance of the guests. For example, in the OP's circumstances, there was a valid reason (travelling with children) for them being unable to visit a specialty restaurant. Had it been, for example, a holiday cruise or any other cruise when the specialty restaurants are very busy, it is possible that such a request could not be met without compromising the service to other guests.

The issue with making any such special treatments public is that everyone sailing in a PH will come to expect the perks as a right. Disappointing anyone who did not receive it. It would also stop the recipient feeling "special" and devalue the perk. Thus, is can only serve to make everyone feel worse.

We'll be in a PH next June for 10 days and were considering trying a few meals in our suite or on the verandah (in port). Are the meals delivered all at once? I'm just wondering if , say, the meal will get cold or the desserts will be melted if the meal is delivered all at the same time.

We'll be in a PH next June for 10 days and were considering trying a few meals in our suite or on the verandah (in port). Are the meals delivered all at once? I'm just wondering if , say, the meal will get cold or the desserts will be melted if the meal is delivered all at the same time.

Just let your butler know you want serving course by course, no problem.

I'm not sue if they'll use the butler pantry (mini kitchen) which is right outside the Penthouse Suites (on M-Class) and nearby on S-Class to keep items hot or cold as needed after they're transported from the main galley as they prepare to servce them, or if courses will be brought up from the galley galley course by course. On M-Class you have a full fridge and micorwave, on S-Class I don't believe you have the same in suire facilities.

Regardless, you can choose to have it delivered as you wish, and they will serve it course by course and should be hot / cold as expected.

Happy sailing,

Jenna