Is Margaritaville open on the Breakaway yet?

It officially opens on this Sunday's sailing (Oct 16)

Exactly, we were on Breakaway the first week it was closed, and the sign said "opening Oct. 16th!". There was a lot of work, and noise coming from that area when we were on. It looked almost done be the end of our cruise though, even the boarding that blocked your view in was removed by the end of our cruise. To be quite honest it was not much to look at, I thought it'd be cooler.

How much work could they have to do? Don't they just need to hang a sign that says "Margaritaville - Brought To You By Frank Del Rio" and then just keep on cooking burgers like they did before?

You would think right, but there was a lot of work going on. I could hear all kinds of equipment in there, saws and other things.

You would think it would be a quick and easy re do, but there was a lot of work being done. Twice when I walked by several officers were there checking it out. By 10/9 when we left it looked all but completed. So I would say by the 10/16 it should be open as planned. Interested in see the new menu and prices.

How much work could they have to do? Don't they just need to hang a sign that says "Margaritaville - Brought To You By Frank Del Rio" and then just keep on cooking burgers like they did before?

They had to put the cash registers in.

Do we know the prices at this venue? Is it À la carte? Is it like Johnny Rockets on RCI where its a pretty cheap price for all the food you want? I don't think we'd go there when you can go to O'Sheehans for free. This place really doesn't make much sense to me. You get a burger free at the buffet, and its good. I had a few in the buffet.

Just off the Breakaway today.

Watch for news from this week's cruisers for all the details... They did a soft opening for crew only 2 days ago. The area got a bit of a makeover with new signs, themed tabletops, new chairs. New railings to control entry/exit since it is upcharge now. But there is a standard drink station inside... LOL. In my opinion needs MORE theming - decorating especially. Hope the prices are low.

Impact on the buffet was noticeable at breakfast and lunch. A bit more crowded than our trip last year without Uptown. Far fewer people eating poolside since you had to go inside anyway.

Just off the Breakaway today.

Watch for news from this week's cruisers for all the details... They did a soft opening for crew only 2 days ago. The area got a bit of a makeover with new signs, themed tabletops, new chairs. New railings to control entry/exit since it is upcharge now. But there is a standard drink station inside... LOL. In my opinion needs MORE theming - decorating especially. Hope the prices are low.

Impact on the buffet was noticeable at breakfast and lunch. A bit more crowded than our trip last year without Uptown. Far fewer people eating poolside since you had to go inside anyway.

Read on here that Margaritaville will have breakfast. Not the real Margaritaville breakfast that was offered originally, but a breakfast similar to what Uptown had.

Hopefully this is true. I'll see 6 weeks from today.