Voom Surf Voyage Package vs Voom Surf & Stream package

slyster

4. Get and make calls home (my mom is sick)

To do this over WiFi, you will either need WiFi calling on your phone (consult your cell carrier if you don't have this), or use an app that gives you this capability, such as Skype, WhatsApp, etc.

To do this over WiFi, you will either need WiFi calling on your phone (consult your cell carrier if you don't have this), or use an app that gives you this capability, such as Skype, WhatsApp, etc.

Thanks Clarea. My mom only has an old flip phone and doesn't even like that. I use WhatsApp when my friend travels to Israel because we can text and call free but my moms phone can't install things like that. Can you use whatsapp and those other apps to call a landline?

Thanks Clarea. My mom only has an old flip phone and doesn't even like that. I use WhatsApp when my friend travels to Israel because we can text and call free but my moms phone can't install things like that. Can you use whatsapp and those other apps to call a landline?

I don't know if WhatsApp can call a landline. You can test it at home by putting the phone in Airplane mode, turning on WiFi, and trying to make a call. I'm pretty sure Skype can call landlines, but there may be a charge for that.

The best solution would be to enable WiFi calling on your phone, because then your phone would work as if you were on the cell network in the US. Your mom could then call you as she would normally do, without needing any apps.

Edited by clarea

1. Post on FB and post pics on FB (a lot of family and friends live vicariously through my vacations!)

2. Do a live review here

3. Be able to text my wandering fiancé on board and my family at home

4. Get and make calls home (my mom is sick)

5. My fiancé may want to stream football games on DirectTV or Netflix but that isn't most important.

1,2 and 4 are doable (for 4 use Bob's advice and try it at home now).

3 will only be realistic if you get a two device package so you can both be online at the same time.

5 will be iffy - there would be a much better chance on an O3B equipped ship.

Whats app can only be used to call other devices that have the whatsapp installed.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
Thanks, I think that is what we have for our next trip, Crown Loft. As these new category names have not sunk in with me. LOL. I dont plan on using much, if any internet but nice to have

Crown Loft (L1 or L2) = Sky Class.

mac_tlc