Vifp rewards....changed??

hlb76

My husband just turned gold on our Triumph cruise and he received his water, pin, and drink coupon. Granted it didn't show up until later in the evening on the first day. We had FTTF because we wanted to nap as soon as we got on board (pulled an all nighter from Austin, TX to NOLA). Our free waters and the water we paid for also didn't show up until later in the evening. He had no issues redeeming it on the last night. Little tip, you can use the drink coupon for a more expensive drink, the value will just be taken off and you pay the difference. :)

Make sure if you don't get the letter, and drink coupon early in the cruise that you go to GS. This happened to us on a cruise on the Magic. We received our white and silver cards at check in and didn't think a thing about it.

I was Diamond and DH was Platinum and we got nothing, nada, zilch. Also did not receive the gift on the first formal night. When our steward saw us in the hall and saw our cards his face went white. He said we were not on his list as Platinum and Diamond and said he would see what he could do. He tried, but his manager said we had to take it up with GS. We went down and they acknowledged their mistake and said everything would be delivered to the cabin that evening. Nothing came, so back to GS. I also didn't get the invitation to the Diamond event with the Captain and neither of us got an invitation to the Past Guest Party. We went to GS daily to try to get it fixed.

The last sea day at 4pm the GS Manager called to see how my Diamond experience was. Wrong question! I explained what happened. He asked if I visited GS and I hit the roof. He called back 15 minutes later and said the Captain would meet me for a drink, but I was babysitting the grandkids while DH, DS and DIL were off doing something. As we were finishing dinner the hostess came by and said the GS manager wanted to send us a bottle of wine. Did we want red or white? We told her red and waited and waited. It arrived just as we were leaving the dining room since we had to get out as early dinner was over. Total screw up from start to finish. If they get it wrong at the beginning, it may never get fixed.

I just realized that 2 day's into my upcoming cruise I will hit gold statues. So my question is will it be recognized during this cruise or not until I take another one? It would be really cool to have a S&S gold card.

Edited by magictam

I just realized that 2 day's into my upcoming cruise I will hit gold statues. So my question is will it be recognized during this cruise or not until I take another one? It would be really cool to have a S&S gold card. ��

You will get your Gold card at embarkation as well as all the other perks. Congrats!