Vifp rewards....changed??

hlb76

Just back from the Valor yesterday it dawned on me we never got our bottle of water or drink coupon. We are gold level cruisers so should of received these correct? Obviously not a big enough deal to me to inquire while on the ship. Yet now that I'm home I'm curious if things changed or was I gipped? We had pre ordered water and never went through it all nor the extra we had from our day at HMC. I had Cheers as well so if I needed a water when out or a drink I was also covered. I now wish I had asked my son who was with us about this as he did not have cheers he may of used his drink ticket.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

We got them both on the Vista in July.

We also got both on the Sunshine in January and again in May.

If you don't get them ask your steward. Ours were waiting in the cabin when we embarked.

The same goes for glasses and/or ice buckets that the steward will fill for you - ask the steward - it's part of his job. :)

Was on the Valor right before you, and we too were confused by the water. You actually get the SAME water bottles that are offered "for sale" via the mini bar, which is confusing. Two of the bottles had the mini bar tag on them. And then there were 4 bottles lined up on the dresser without tags. We had to ask our room steward, who clarified it for us.

Also, yours was a short cruise, right? The "appreciation drink" coupon is only given to cruisers on cruises longer than 5-days. So, that may be why you didn't get a drink coupon.

CeleBrat

Oh ya.. no pin either. I normally save all paperwork the whole week and then toss the last day. Went through it all and nothing. I had forgotten about it until I saw someone use one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Not only were you jipped, you were had. Sorry this happened to you, someone dropped the ball at Carnival.

about this free drink coupons... On our Sunshine cruise we tried to redeem these coupons on the last night.

The first bartender disappeared immediately after seeing that we had these free coupons. Second bar, the same thing. It was not a big deal for us (we got our share of drinks on this cruise :) so it became a game for my husband. Bar after bar the bartenders "did not see us" when he was approaching holding the coupons in hand.

It was actually hilarious to watch how we instantly became invisible to the bartenders. Well we did use our free coupons at the bar we frequented during the cruise and where they knew we tipped well.

It looks for those who don't drink a lot and don't have "their" bartender

but still want to use their "last" and earned drink of the cruise. This will NOT be easy! :)

What was your experience using those free drink coupons?

about this free drink coupons... On our Sunshine cruise we tried to redeem these coupons on the last night.

The first bartender disappeared immediately after seeing that we had these free coupons. Second bar, the same thing. It was not a big deal for us (we got our share of drinks on this cruise :) so it became a game for my husband. Bar after bar the bartenders "did not see us" when he was approaching holding the coupons in hand.

It was actually hilarious to watch how we instantly became invisible to the bartenders. Well we did use our free coupons at the bar we frequented during the cruise and where they knew we tipped well.

It looks for those who don't drink a lot and don't have "their" bartender

but still want to use their "last" and earned drink of the cruise. This will NOT be easy! :)

What was your experience using those free drink coupons?

Nothing like that. Back in August, all 4 of us had one since the kids turned Gold. We used it at dinner.

Last year I used it at the Alchemy bar on the Sunshine. Nobody disappeared. Wasn't with my spouse when he used his but he never mentioned having any issues.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Never had an issue using them before either but then again I didn't waive them around. I gave it to them when the bartender came up to me and took my order.

I don't see why it would make a difference as I'm sure they are given some type of gratuity by Carnival once it's entered into the system.

Do you only get them for longer sailings? Our first Gold sailing was a 4 night. We did get out water though, and our pins.

According to https://www.carnival.com/loyalty/benefits.aspx :

At Gold level you receive:

--Complimentary 1 liter bottle of water (delivered to stateroom on all sailings)

--Appreciation drink on 5+ day cruises (on the last evening of the cruise after 5pm

--Gold VIFP pin on every sailing

We were on the Valor a couple weeks ago and it was not in our room when we arrived. All four of us are Gold and I figured the cabin steward was just busy so I gave it a day but on Day 2 I had to stop him in the hall and ask him. We eventually got our pins, letters, and waters on Day 3. This was the first time it was not in our cabin when we arrived.