Gift bags for Stewards? Anyone ever do this?

weddingdiva

Just a note about thank you cards. I take the cards I write to the purser and ask them to make a copy for the room stewards and dining staffs manager. This way I know the higher up see the compliments. I often do this a day or two before disembarkation when guest services is slower.

I have had my room steward stop me in the hall to thank me for letting their boss know and mention how it would help with getting promotions and the better contracts.

If you feel very compelled to give them something other or including cash, I would make it something consumeable. Like a batch of homemade cookies. They could also share with room mates. But like others have said, CASH, CASH, CASH!!

I am sure your heart is in the right place but would never eat food prepared by someone we didnt know.

Just a note about thank you cards. I take the cards I write to the purser and ask them to make a copy for the room stewards and dining staffs manager. This way I know the higher up see the compliments. I often do this a day or two before disembarkation when guest services is slower.

I have had my room steward stop me in the hall to thank me for letting their boss know and mention how it would help with getting promotions and the better contracts.

This is a good idea!

I understand that some people would like to give their steward something more personal and original than money, and think that the intent is honorable. It is however difficult to appreciate the likes an dislikes or just indifference of a stranger to a gift item. Therefore I think cash is the best thing to give, as we all know that the crew really do appreciate cash. A nice little card, or a handmade card with a nice note with that cash is good too.

To be clear, you may not have been addressing me, as you say, but the ppl who mentioned this on the board which then prompted my question. BUT, this was not clear to me at all. It is now, finally. But maybe in future, think about your initial response and how it sounds to the OP before actually posting. This would have saved you having to explain yourself several times after. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. It's not the opinion I felt was insulting-just the wording. Thank you for your input and the clarification. Happy cruising!