when can I book my seats on Abu Dhabi flights

lenbest

I have the same problem on a different cruise and it means I won't be able to pick seats until check in. Although I have the booking reference British Airways won't allow any changes, since the reference covers everyone under that block booking.

BA have said I can make a request to MSC but they've already told me they won't request seats / additional luggage / upgrades and I'll have to wait until check in.

Definitely can't do BA check in 24 hours ahead when it's a group booking. BA have confirmed you can't check in until the desk at the airport and even then it's not certain you'll be able to move away from the block booked seats.

I'm going to try an email to MSC offering to pay to choose my seat and see if it gets me anywhere.

Thanks lopar.

We are flying with BA in three weeks time with friends and had expected to be able to check in and select our seats in the 24hr pre-flight period. We have been able to do so on other cruises with block bookings of flights so will await what happens with interest.

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

I think you will struggle to be able to book your seats in advance with Emirates, Etihad AF or BA or whoever with a block group booking. Anything that incurs a charge you can't do and IME MSC won't organise for you (nor Costa).

I once managed to pick a different seat (think with BA) when there was no charge. Logged into MMB and it asked if I had the other passengers in the groups permission to do this on the first screen. I was a bit naughty and said yes, since I didn't know who theynwere but I could not see anyone being bothered at me moving only myself. It then let me choose me as the passengetpr and I found an aisle seat up,the back where I wanted it, instead of being middle of the centre 4.

Don't know if it will still let you do this as I've organised my own flights in recent years so,I can get exactly what I want, dates, routing. Seat selection and baggage.

Emirates.com :)

MSC don't provide the PNR to log into manage my booking. I saw some post on here that you can email msc with requests and they may pass it on.

Was wondering who to email to send these requests in.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

We are flying from Gatwick to Genoa this weekend, then back from Barbados a few weeks later, both with BA. We have our flight locator but couldn't access 'manage by booking' as we are part of a block booking. I emailed bookingmanagement@msccruises.co.uk with my BA Executive Club membership numbers and asked them to add that and complete my API. They replied and also offered to submit my seating preferences to BA. I accepted their offer and we will see what happens when we get to the airport.

Rob

You've done better than me Rob! I've spoken to MSC a few times and tried emailing the voyagers club with seating requests but got nowhere. The lady on the phone last week got quite angry that BA had told me they could make requests and insisted MSC never did it. When I pointed out that it was MSC choosing not to make requests, rather than it not being possible she got even crosser and I was being very polite!

I've tried emailing the same request to the bookings email address and see where it gets me, as I'm also sailing with you on Sunday. I'm hoping BA are happy with my extra bag, as I've no way to request it in advance. BA have said it should be fine, but it depends on how busy the flight is...

• 1 month later...

We are on the Emirates flight to Dubai today. When we received our cruise docs from MSC last week they included an airline booking ref (PNR no.) on the flight voucher. I quoted this on the Emirates website and it took me into group bookings. It then asked for ticket no. (also on voucher) and I could access the seating plan for A380 and selected our seats.

Hope this works for you when you get your docs.

Hi thanks for replying that's interesting I'm still waiting for my tickets they don't seem to rush in sending them out. I shall have a look for the information on them when I receive them

We are on the Emirates flight to Dubai today. When we received our cruise docs from MSC last week they included an airline booking ref (PNR no.) on the flight voucher. I quoted this on the Emirates website and it took me into group bookings. It then asked for ticket no. (also on voucher) and I could access the seating plan for A380 and selected our seats.

Can I ask did you just go to tb manage my booking section and put in the PNR and your surname?

Hey

Thanks for your advice, I got my tickets today and tried to access using the PNR but I just get the following error;

Sorry, you must contact your group administrator to update the email address on file for this booking, before it can be managed online.

Maybe they have stopped individuals doing it on a group bkg. I was actually surprised I got as far as I did. However it would not let me do online checkin. This means my chosen seats were not g'teed and they moved us, but the new seats at airport checkin were OK.

Merry Christmas!

I just logged into my Skywards account this morning and noticed the booking has been allocated to my account which then has allowed me to access and select seats.

As a nervous flyer its important for me to get seats near the window so I hope they don't move us.

Thanks for your help, hope your enjoying the cruise!