Who works on each ship?

intrepid_guy

Straight from the HD Dawn yesterday.

Enjoy your Feb. cruise. We love the Dawn and hope the food quality is just as good as you always remembered it. Anything extra you need' date=' Tony Lockett, the F & B mgr, is totally approachable and attentive.:D[/quote']

Hi Barb:

I have a couple of Jewel questions for you; Is Klaus back on this week? I understand the Ironics return March 4th, and was wondering if you think that either Klaus or the Ironics would still be on the Jewel after she returns to Miami in November?

Three of our potential four land based trips for 2006 are now firmed up, so I've had a few thoughts about the Jewel in November. We're off to Texas on Thursday, for a long weekend in San Antonio and Austin, built around a UConn womens basketball game at the Univ. of Texas.

Thnaks

Did you enjoy Darin?

After having Kieron Buffrey on the Dawn in 2004 and Colin Kerr on the Dawn in 2005, this really raised the bar. Darin seemed to be very energetic when on stage, however he never made a point to mingle/interact with the passengers during the day and night. We wrote a review on the star when we arrived back home which included this topic as well. (Back from the Star 1/20/2006-1/28/2006)

Yes, Kieron is hard to beat! I loved him on the Star. Kevin Warner on the Spirit was high energy and a lot of fun too. He did a great job of mingling with the passengers and seemed to get to know people.

But I'm also with whoever said that they'd take the chilled fruit soups over a peppy CD anyday! If I HAD to choose - it would be the soups! :D

Hi Barb:

I have a couple of Jewel questions for you; Is Klaus back on this week? I understand the Ironics return March 4th, and was wondering if you think that either Klaus or the Ironics would still be on the Jewel after she returns to Miami in November?

Three of our potential four land based trips for 2006 are now firmed up, so I've had a few thoughts about the Jewel in November. We're off to Texas on Thursday, for a long weekend in San Antonio and Austin, built around a UConn womens basketball game at the Univ. of Texas.

Thnaks

Updated information indicates the Ironics will be on the Jewel until December, but certainly no guarantees, since "stuff happens". I'm still not sure exactly when they return, other than early March.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the wonderful coments Bill and Laura, and because of people like you that is what got me promoted. I am on vacation right now , return to the Star tomorrow, as a Host again because there is no ship for me as ACD for the time being. Hope to see you on another cruise. Keep in touch i check the Boards often:)

During my cruise 2 weeks ago, we had stand-ins. Julie was the CD, but was not on the ship (I believe she was at a CD conference or something) so David Ward stepped in who is usually a ACD. The ACD was John Ibrahim and I believe usually he is a Host. I do not know who usually is the ACD. Lisa Meyer is the concierge and she is great. Alexandra Schroeder was the hotel director. I believe Julie is back now, and dont know who the ACD is. Hopefully someone off the 2/9-2/19 trip can respond.

~Intrepid

During my cruise 2 weeks ago, we had stand-ins. Julie was the CD, but was not on the ship (I believe she was at a CD conference or something) so David Ward stepped in who is usually a ACD. I believe Julie is back now, and dont know who the ACD is. Hopefully someone off the 2/9-2/19 trip can respond.

~Intrepid

Hi Intrepid Guy, sounds like your 1 day cruise should keep you out of cruise detox until you board the EOTS. Are you talking about Julie "Dollar Dance" Valeriote who used to ACD on the Dawn?

andrew 13 days to go

• 4 weeks later...

i saw that you mentioned the honeymoon package. we were thinking of doing this on our first cruise. there is one that includes more than the one you described , including two 25 minute massages. is the "complimentary wine"with dinner and the wine delivered to your stateroom as part of the package- a full bottle of wine and/or champagne ,or is it just glasses . just curious

Updated information indicates the Ironics will be on the Jewel until December, but certainly no guarantees, since "stuff happens". I'm still not sure exactly when they return, other than early March.

If I remember correctly...Shoreguy said that Klaus will be on land for quite some time.

NEVER just count on anyone being there by what you read in these posts.

We have come across several staff members that we did not expect to see who were switched from other ships...to their surprise and ours.

Always wonderful to see them.

Not to worry...it's hard to hit a bad executive/entertainer on the ship.

NCL seems to have that covered pretty well.

If your not happy with something...just move on to another venue.

MANY choices:)

Archived