Live from the Reflection 11-5 to 11-12-2016

seadog67

Ok I'm totally addicted to reading adventures of the Seadogs on the Reflection . We will be on board in 24 days !😀. Couple of questions and a request . How crowded is the ship while at port in Jamaica today ?. Since you've visited the island in the past can you recommend a quite beach ?. Next time you venture off the ship if you are taking photos . Would you shot some of your side / balcony ?. Our cabin will be located next to yours . I need a photo fix . I join the throngs of your fans saying thank you , thank you for your time and effort put into this thread 👏

Ok I'm totally addicted to reading adventures of the Seadogs on the Reflection . We will be on board in 24 days !😀. Couple of questions and a request . How crowded is the ship while at port in Jamaica today ?. Since you've visited the island in the past can you recommend a quite beach ?. Next time you venture off the ship if you are taking photos . Would you shot some of your side / balcony ?. Our cabin will be located next to yours . I need a photo fix . I join the throngs of your fans saying thank you , thank you for your time and effort put into this thread 👏

Us too!

The pool decks look very empty. What time in the morning are you taking the pics...or is it not sunbathing weather?

The pool decks today were empty up to about noon as I think many are off the ship. That is why we stayed on. We were in the solarium and pool deck from about 9 until just now. Today is beautiful weather!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I'm totally addicted to reading adventures of the Seadogs on the Reflection . We will be on board in 24 days ![emoji3]. Couple of questions and a request . How crowded is the ship while at port in Jamaica today ?. Since you've visited the island in the past can you recommend a quite beach ?. Next time you venture off the ship if you are taking photos . Would you shot some of your side / balcony ?. Our cabin will be located next to yours . I need a photo fix . I join the throngs of your fans saying thank you , thank you for your time and effort put into this thread [emoji122]

Thank you, I am really glad it is enjoyable, and the kind words are appreciated!

The ship today was very empty, at least in the solarium where There were maybe 5 people in there and I had the pool to myself, and we left about 10:30 to go to the pool area as the loungers in the solarium lay kinda flat, unless we did not figure how to raise them :)

b751db9f26c7a152a91d493ab78adf55.jpg

I did not take pics at the pool deck but there were maybe 10 people and we had the full starboard side to ourselves until about 12:30

I really cannot recommend a beach in jamaica as we have only done the dunns river and island tours a couple of times.

I wan not impressed with the beach near dunns falls but I know there must be nice beaches here and I hope someone can post some info for you.

I sure will try to get a better pick of our balcony side, here is what I got on the pier in Cozumel

1c43ed06dc5e8c24d8db4a6ea2278aea.jpg

And from our balcony this video shows how close we are to the bridge

https://vimeo.com/190901117

We are direct in line with the bridge wing on the starboard side and we are 6 balconies down from the bridge.

f4930c1fc82cca5733f34805ad7c0aea.jpg

Check back tomorrow if we dock correctly at labadee I will get a better pic

Edited by seadog67

Enjoying the review! A nice break [emoji4] Can I ask how are the water temps in the pools? Solarium pool is heated?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry missed this. The temp in the solarium was perfect. Just cool enough to be refreshing and not to cold to make it uncomfortable to enter. I do not think it is heated but I really do not know for sure. It does get warm in there on warm days so that probably helps warm the pools.

Glad you are enjoying and thanks for following!

Saw the production show "Max" last night. 50 minutes I will never get back. Weak lead singers and story line. All canned music--loud electronic Mumbo Jumbo. Acrobats inserted in show to fill time. Come on Celebrity, we deserve better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Totally agree. We are on a B2b and saw the show on the TA. It's truly awful - corny and contrived storyline and just a mishmash of poor music and staging. We didnt speak to a single person who enjoyed it. It was so bad I commented about it in my TA feedback form. We enjoyed a quiet time in the bar while it was on last night (and that's a rarity on this cruise) They will probably do Elysium as the show on the last Chic night - and that's a triumph of style over substance! The only good production show is Broken Strings

Saw the production show "Max" last night. 50 minutes I will never get back. Weak lead singers and story line. All canned music--loud electronic Mumbo Jumbo. Acrobats inserted in show to fill time. Come on Celebrity, we deserve better.

Wow, thanks for the input and glad we decided to skip it as the description did not excite us.

I am thoroughly enjoying your vacation! Thanks again for sharing!!

:) thanks! Glad to give back.

Not many updates this afternoon as we are just being slugs and enjoying the balcony and the quiet!

The only good production show is Broken Strings

Have to agree, we enjoyed Broken Strings. We have also skipped most of the Broadway Song show anymore as we have done them so often we really pick and choose judiciously which shows to see now such as tonights "Broadway at Sea" .

Hello Seadog,

nice photos and videos. You deserve relaxing at the pool.

In another CC thread they are talking about "Does anyone wear a tux anymore ?" .

What did you observe on Evening Chic Night on the Reflection ?

Did a lot of passengers dress up in tuxedo and gown ?

I have not decided what to pack for April 2017 cruise.

Thanks,

Wolf

Hello Seadog,

nice photos and videos. You deserve relaxing at the pool.

In another CC thread they are talking about "Does anyone wear a tux anymore ?" .

What did you observe on Evening Chic Night on the Reflection ?

Did a lot of passengers dress up in tuxedo and gown ?

I have not decided what to pack for April 2017 cruise.

Thanks,

Wolf

Hi Sir Wolf! On the first Evening Chic Night, we saw exactly two tuxes and they were two couples apparently friends. I saw someone dressed in an Irish (I presume) Kilt while we danced, and funny enough heard a bagpipe playing not long after that. Other than that we saw many suits, and many just dress shirts and slacks , along with some jeans and button shirt with a blazer.

All aboard was 3:30 and apparently Celebrity Cruisers are punctual as we have not seemed to have had to wait on any late runners returning late to the ship so far on any of our stops :)

Under mostly cloudy sky's we say Likkle More, or see you later in Jamaican Patois..(Google is a wonderful thing ;) )

https://vimeo.com/190925295

Time to get moving and cleaned up for the night ahead!

See everyone at Dinner!

Thank you Seadog for letting us follow along. January will be our first Celebrity cruise so your review definitely gives us a good idea what it looks like. We have three adjoining balconies, do you happen to know if the balconies open up so we can walk from one to another? We have done this several times on Royal and they open the balconies up for us.

Thank you Seadog for letting us follow along. January will be our first Celebrity cruise so your review definitely gives us a good idea what it looks like. We have three adjoining balconies, do you happen to know if the balconies open up so we can walk from one to another? We have done this several times on Royal and they open the balconies up for us.

Awesome Sports! Glad you are following along and have a blast in January. Yes, I do believe the balcony dividers open to help create one large balcony just like on royal.

Have fun!

Another Superb Meal at Tuscan Grill

Opted for the Italian part of the Italian Steakhouse:

A bit dark pic of our view from the stern table

e7060aaf7d55e417e4c885cfbf100246.jpg

Kalamata Bruschetta 5 outta 5 Forks (very tasty)

2c8a77e43f8c13491063b8673e5dc3ec.jpg

Ceasar Salad 3 outta 5 Forks

c8f9d85ee3bf23563562c35fb767b04f.jpg

Spaghetti and Meatballs 5 outta 5 Forks ( fresh made pasta was perfectly cooked and meatballs tender and flavorful)

b4aae3fd749b2bfcf124e572567ddb9f.jpg

Enjoyed the dinner and atmosphere again immensely!

Great, great reviews! New question, have you found fresh squeezed OJ yet and if so, where??

Firstly, Congrats on the big win!! I have not seen it, but the room service breakfast menu shows Premium Orange Juice, and Orange Juice. Not sure what makes it Premium though. If I see it I will post.

Thanks for following!