Current shows on the escape?

ClevelandCruisin

After Midnight was the best show I've seen at sea. Broadway worthy. The crowd loved it, standing ovation.

Brat Pack was a huge disappointment. I should have loved it--I grew up on those films and that music. I was really excited for showtime that night.

But they did a weird thing of starting it off with two very old Bowie songs that weren't even from the 80s (nothing against Bowie, it just set a weird tone), and after that seemed to use every possible excuse to have the cast stand around in their underwear or wear "naughty" outfits. Would be fine if it were Chicago we were seeing, but it was awkward watching them hypersexualize characters who were basically kids. They used all the "Porky's"-style 80s humor and left out the heart of the John Hughes (and Cameron Crowe) movies. Speaking of Crowe, they had the weakest singer of the bunch do the iconic Say Anything song. Le sigh.

Nearly every joke went thud--dead silence from audience. They'd drop in random pieces of dialogue from the films without context. They resorted often to dropping f-bombs to get laughs. (I'm no prude, it just takes more than random profanity to make me laugh out loud.)

Super cringeworthy, and the first NCL show I've walked out on.

Believe me, I expected to love that show, and was skeptical about After Midnight. Ended up with the reverse scenario.

The Brat Pack is a must see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I absolutley LOVED the Brat Pack IMO it is the BEST SHOW I HAVE EVER SEEN AT SEA AND I WOULD GO BACK JUST FOR THAT SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brat pack show worth it?

New show cabaret?

After midnight any good?

What's good?

I'm in the loved Brat Pack camp. Although the talent in After Midnight is undeniable, I didn't like the show - DW and I walked out within 30 minutes as did 1/2 of the audience that night.

Robert

The Brat Pack was excellent. We have seen it in the Supper Club and on the main stage.

The Supper Club Cabaret (been there since the ship was launched a year ago) usually features the lead singer from After Midnight doing a 1-night, 1-show musical show that comes with a 5 course gourmet tasting menu of 11 different items. To us, even with Brenda Braxton, it was just o.k. Enjoyable. Something to do.

The Supper Club complimentary dinner and show features rotating guest performers. 3 course fixed menu. For free, it was o.k.

After Midnight takes you back to the Cotton Club days with music and dancing. Seen it twice. It is o.k.

Supper Club Cabaret Menu

Supper_1.jpg

Supper Club Complimentary Menu

Supper_2.jpg

I'm in the loved Brat Pack camp. Although the talent in After Midnight is undeniable, I didn't like the show - DW and I walked out within 30 minutes as did 1/2 of the audience that night.

Robert

Interesting. Packed theater and standing ovation on my sailing, including during the long orchestral outro.

Must be the demographics of various sailings. Audience (those who remained) was so dead silent during Brat Pack I had extreme secondhand embarrassment for the performers every time they paused for a laugh that didn't come.

As I said, huge fan of the original 80s films myself. Maybe that's part of the problem for me--they just butchered the whole thing and turned it into Porky's at Sea.