What isn't included?

J458r

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can answer the following questions for me ...

1) is milk included in the bubbles package ?

2) is the souvenir cup with free refills instead of the bubbles package still an option ?

3) does anyone have a list of drinks that are NOT included in the Cheers package ? I know it's anything over the $50 mark but I'm more looking for specialty drinks that aren't included .

4) last question .. What's the most expensive drink you can order under Cheers? I'm not a wine drinker and rarely drink beer. I'll mostly be drinking mixed or frozen drinks and kinda want to try one that's expensive that I normally wouldn't.

Thank you all for your continual advice !!

Hello,

2) is the souvenir cup with free refills instead of the bubbles package still an option ?

3) does anyone have a list of drinks that are NOT included in the Cheers package ? I know it's anything over the $50 mark but I'm more looking for specialty drinks that aren't included .

4) last question .. What's the most expensive drink you can order under Cheers? I'm not a wine drinker and rarely drink beer. I'll mostly be drinking mixed or frozen drinks and kinda want to try one that's expensive that I normally wouldn't.

Milk is free. I am not aware of a souvenir cup with refills. There are no individual drink exclusions to Cheers that I am aware of other than drinks over $50. I read one thread where it was mentioned that ordering a particular top shelf liquor would cost $36 which is as close as you can get.

Milk is free. I am not aware of a souvenir cup with refills. There are no individual drink exclusions to Cheers that I am aware of other than drinks over $50. I read one thread where it was mentioned that ordering a particular top shelf liquor would cost $36 which is as close as you can get.

Thank you for your reply. I am currently attempting to search Cheers threads for answers also. There is just a lot of info to look at Lol.

I thought milk would be free also but when I called carnival they didn't mention that ? The very not helpful lady only told me it wasn't included in the bubbles package. Unfortunately we have two teenagers coming with us who only mainly drink water and milk.

Thank you for your reply. I am currently attempting to search Cheers threads for answers also. There is just a lot of info to look at Lol.

I thought milk would be free also but when I called carnival they didn't mention that ? The very not helpful lady only told me it wasn't included in the bubbles package. Unfortunately we have two teenagers coming with us who only mainly drink water and milk.

I guess if you want to put a really fine point on it milk isn't included in the bubbles package because it is free, both in the MDR and on Lido. Water (non-bottled) is also free, as are lemonade and iced tea. Yes, there is a lot of info out there on Cheers so getting specific answers can be a chore.

Hello,

1) milk is free for all

2) never heard of this cup, though the Bubbles package came with a cup one time I had it (long time ago, but haven't had it in ages since we always get Cheers! and I barely drink soda anymore anyway)

3) drinks not included in Cheers!: 1) fishbowl or yard (shareable drinks), 2) buckets of beers (shareable, again), 3) shots or drinks in souvenir glasses, like the shots at dinner -- a lot of these you can go have a bar make you if you really want but not some of the dinner shots probably (never tried, as many sound horrific to me, lol), 4) bottles of wine (so if it's not sold by the glass...no Cheers!), 5) martini tasting or flights of any kind (multiple drinks). Occasionally I have heard, but never experienced, some bartenders refuse certain substitutions of top shelf on Cheers! even after the limit was raised to $50 making the substitution well within the limit; that's not a rule so much as it seems to vary by bartender and customer experience. I have heard it on more than one occasion on these forums so it warrants mentioning. Pretty much everything you could want is included in most cases and the exclusions are more about 1) souvenir glasses or 2) sharing/multiple drinks.

4) I'm sure it's something at the Steakhouse bar (which you can go to without eating there) if there's a Steakhouse. I don't know the ABSOLUTE most expensive thing personally though. It may vary by ship even. Edit: it's probably a scotch or a cognac or something, not a frozen/mixed drink that's most expensive in terms of actual menu price. Not sure with upgrading liquours etc, as I buy Cheers! not to think about these things.

Edited by berrieh

I think beer and wine from the self serve machines are also excluded, as are something like ordering a Pina Colada and asking for a floater of rum (I think that would be considered 2 drinks at one time).

As far as included drinks that are more expensive, some of those served at the Alchemy bar, if on your ship, are more expensive.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I think beer and wine from the self serve machines are also excluded, as are something like ordering a Pina Colada and asking for a floater of rum (I think that would be considered 2 drinks at one time).

As far as included drinks that are more expensive, some of those served at the Alchemy bar, if on your ship, are more expensive.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yes they are! I knew I left something off my list. Floaters are the only exclusion that is a bit of a bummer and doubles (I wouldn't mind it counting for 2 drinks either but you can always do the "Order a shot, run right away, pour shot, make drink, ring drink a few minutes later" dance with a bartender usually if you're willing to sit for a moment or 2).

As far as I've seen, milk is not available at bars but yours sons can walk up to any bar and request a glass of ice water. At lido there are milk cartoons that they could take a couple back to room frig.(keeps cool, not usually cold)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Milk is available for breakfast in the buffet. Need to ask for it at other times.

Fridges are coolers. They do not go down into the safe zone. Our new fridge in the Miracle only went down to 46F. Under 40F is food safe.

Milk is only avail. in eating venues. You can get as much as you want. Juice is avail. in eating venues during breakfast. Ice water is available EVERYWHERE...all eating venues, all bars and your cabin. Coffee and tea are in all eating venues. Lemonade is generally only in the buffet.

In the dining room, you just need to ask for glasses of milk and it's free. My kids sometimes like to order milk with their dessert. There are always cartons of milk out at breakfast. For lunch and other times during the day, it seems to vary by ship based on our experiences. Some ships have milk cartons out at lunch, some have 2% milk in pitchers on the coffee/tea stands all day, and some require you to ask Lido staff. I would not feel comfortable keeping milk in the room fridges because it can turn bad so easily. Just have them drink milk at meals and then get ice water from the Lido machines or the bars for between-meal drinks.

Carnival Cruise Lines, the only line that limits an unlimited beverage package.

I don't believe Cheers was ever marketed as unlimited. NCL calls theirs the Ultimate Beverage Package and there are many limitations to it, making it far from "Ultimate".

choc milk is also available-- free at the buffet. the dining room and room service. These are the pints or half pints of milk. Not pitchers of milk

there is free iced tea and lemonade at the buffet.. Mixing lemonade to the ice tea for a different flavor

Thank you all for your replies. I am sure that he will get his fill of milk with it being available for free at different times now that we know. Both he(15) and his cousin(14) consume a lot of milk so this info comes in handy.

Occasionally I have heard, but never experienced, some bartenders refuse certain substitutions of top shelf on Cheers! even after the limit was raised to $50 making the substitution well within the limit; that's not a rule so much as it seems to vary by bartender and customer experience. I have heard it on more than one occasion on these forums so it warrants mentioning.

In most cases, it's because the drink has premixed liquors, so it can't be changed. There are a couple, like the Funship.

4) I don't know the ABSOLUTE most expensive thing personally though. It may vary by ship even. Edit: it's probably a scotch or a cognac or something, not a frozen/mixed drink that's most expensive in terms of actual menu price. Not sure with upgrading liquours etc, as I buy Cheers! not to think about these things.

From a previous Cheers thread post by me:

"On my last cruise, I'd get the Long Island Iced Tea's and up the spirits:

Grey Goose VX - $15.00

Patron Reposado - $10.95

Appleton Estates VX - $5.75

So that one was a minimum of $30. I only asked 1 bartender to make it this way, and I tipped him $2-3 each time. YMMV."

This has been my experience on our last cruise on the Carnival Conquest a couple of months ago.