Upsell Price?

fmigali

I received an upsell offer of $1500(total) to go from a family balcony to and two bedroom family suite. We sail on Sunday. Any chance NCL will come down on that price? Or should I jump on this deal right away?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Depends on ship and how many suites available. The getaway 2 bedroom has a balcony the size of a drawer . Our last 3 Haven trips on Getaway have been OUTSIDE the Haven. You can check the price history. If you have 4 stops like we did, you wont be needing the Haven.

If the price is right when added to you r original- why not?

You can always make a counter -offfer. See how many are available.

Have fun!!!!!!

I see you are on the Jewel. They have bright yet nice 2 rooms.There is NOT a restaurant, etc in the courtyard, but you eat elsewhere for bkfst and lunch as I recall. Ours were young the two or 3 times on Jewel class, read some reviews and then make a decision. The balconies are biggger than on the mega ships.

And still have fun!

I see you are on the Jewel. They have bright yet nice 2 rooms.There is NOT a restaurant, etc in the courtyard, but you eat elsewhere for bkfst and lunch as I recall. Ours were young the two or 3 times on Jewel class, read some reviews and then make a decision. The balconies are biggger than on the mega ships.

And still have fun!

The suite we are looking at is outside of haven. From what I've read Moderno is open for breakfast/lunch for suite/haven guests.

I'm just struggling on the pricing aspect because the $1500 will eat up most of our "spending" money. But with out two little kids having the bigger room may be worth it.

Eek, can't decide!!!!!

If you haven't already made contact, you should probably call quickly to see if that price could be negotiated. Without Haven access, I would not personally put all my spending money towards a bigger cabin, with higher service fee charges. The Jewel is nice, but an S4 is not THAT nice.

If you haven't already made contact, you should probably call quickly to see if that price could be negotiated. Without Haven access, I would not personally put all my spending money towards a bigger cabin, with higher service fee charges. The Jewel is nice, but an S4 is not THAT nice.

The category is SC, would that make a difference. The room is still available but I cannot decide. Let me ask this, can you bring non-suite guests with you to the moderno breakfast/lunch?

The category is SC, would that make a difference. The room is still available but I cannot decide. Let me ask this, can you bring non-suite guests with you to the moderno breakfast/lunch?

Seems a bit on the high side but with the SC you'd have a compete separate bedroom/bath for the kids. The main bath is beautiful. Yes to Cagney's/Moderno for breakfast and lunch.

ETA - no you can't bring non-suite guests.

Rooms are typically done a bit sooner but not necessarily right away - usually 1:30 for sure.

Edited by dexddd

Be careful, some of those SC suites they can't easily sell because they are under the fitness center.

When I look on the deck plan, it appears to me Suite 11506 (on Jewel) is right below the treatment rooms. I am not thinking there would be late night/early morning noise. Thoughts?

When I look on the deck plan, it appears to me Suite 11506 (on Jewel) is right below the treatment rooms. I am not thinking there would be late night/early morning noise. Thoughts?

That one should be okay. Its 512, 518 & 524 that get most noise complaints. One or two week cruise? For a one week the retail price difference is about $1400pp, so the upsell is not too bad. Try offering something if you want a better deal.

Oh, I see it's the Mexican Riviera Nov 13th. It's the only suite left on the ship so if they don't take an offer it will probably go to someone else. Current retail price difference is $1100pp.

Edited by Até

Alright I bit the bullet. They would not work with me on the price because it was the last one. I went ahead and paid it. The extra space with the kids is going to be huge for us. My wife has been super stressed about all four of us sleeping on the same room, we've never done that before.

Now on to all the "suite life" research. Any tips from this group?

Does the butler really unpack for you?

Yesterday, we had the same $750 pp upsell offer for a SC on the Gem. We thought it was too high for not being in the Haven. I called and they would not negotiate on the $750 and had already sold 2 of the 4 SC's at $750 pp. All sold by the end of the day.

Keep in mind you will have the additional expense of tipping the butler and concierge if you take the upsell and the additional $2 pp per day dsc.

Just saw you went with it. Enjoy! Breakfast in the room is my favorite thing about being in a suite. You can order from the Moderno menu.

Edited by herdingdogmom

I figured it might be hard to get a better deal on the last suite on the entire ship. One aspect not mentioned yet was the extra cost of the concierge and butler. Butlers will unpack if you ask them to, just remember to tip at the end accordingly. You will now get concierge priority tendering in Cabo too. I'm sure you will like having the separate bedroom for the kids and the extra living room space. The master bath is great too.

Keep in mind you will have the additional expense of tipping the butler and concierge if you take the upsell and the additional $2 pp per day dsc.

Just saw you went with it. Enjoy! Breakfast in the room is my favorite thing about being in a suite. You can order from the Moderno menu.

Interestingly enough, because I had pre-paid the DSC that was locked in and we did not have to pay the extra. But yes, we will of course tip the butler and concierge(if needed). We have already booked everything so I am not sure we will need the concierge much, if at all.

Breakfast in the room, from moderno, sounds outstanding!!!!

The butler will unpack for you if you ask them. But then you won't know where anything is. The extra space and bathroom will be great.

My wife is going to flip out when we get to the port on Sunday and we head to the suite waiting area. I am planning to surprise her with this upgrade. As I mentioned earlier, she has been worried about space with four of us in the standard balcony room. At least we know we have the space now!

The only down side, we are traveling with my dad and his girlfriend. Both of their first time on a cruise. We will end up separated for check-in but the trade off is that we will have a common area in my room where we can relax, if needed/wanted. :-)

You will enjoy having a place to site with your dad and his GF. Also, having a separate room for the kids (with their own bathroom) will be a big help. We really enjoyed having the living room area to sit, so we weren't always sitting on the bed. What a great surprise! You will have a blast!

My wife is going to flip out when we get to the port on Sunday and we head to the suite waiting area. I am planning to surprise her with this upgrade. As I mentioned earlier, she has been worried about space with four of us in the standard balcony room. At least we know we have the space now!

The only down side, we are traveling with my dad and his girlfriend. Both of their first time on a cruise. We will end up separated for check-in but the trade off is that we will have a common area in my room where we can relax, if needed/wanted. :-)

Since you can't take them(your dad and his GF) to Moderano for Breakfast lunch, you know you can have it delivered and eat in your room. Keep in mind this is the Butler and Concierge that do it though and should be figured in when you tip them. As well if you like certain snacks I have heard you can leave them a note that you like sandwiches, cheese platters, M&M, fresh cookies and such in your room and they will make sure they are there for you.... Enjoy, the space is going to be great for you and your family not having to trip on one another! 2 bathrooms is HUGE as well!

Since you can't take them(your dad and his GF) to Moderano for Breakfast lunch, you know you can have it delivered and eat in your room. Keep in mind this is the Butler and Concierge that do it though and should be figured in when you tip them. As well if you like certain snacks I have heard you can leave them a note that you like sandwiches, cheese platters, M&M, fresh cookies and such in your room and they will make sure they are there for you.... Enjoy, the space is going to be great for you and your family not having to trip on one another! 2 bathrooms is HUGE as well!

Do I understand you to say we could order enough food to our room to feed them too?

Yes, you can. Would be a great way to share your suite experience with them as well.

I wondered about this but didn't want to ask because I didn't want to be "one of those guys." Thanks for the advice.

I wondered about this but didn't want to ask because I didn't want to be "one of those guys." Thanks for the advice.

I have read that if your butler and concierge get familiar with them they will even bring extra snacks geared towards them as well. I have read about guests of Haven rooms having dinner parties as well. They just come up to your room and with you each place your own orders, don't have to hide that they are in attendance for breakfast or lunch. Have fun and enjoy the suite life!