Pickleball, please!

RalphsMom

Would love to be able to play pickleball (fastest growing sport) December 4-11, 2016. Check out blog.pickleballcentral.com. Played on the NCL Pearl to the Caribbean on their Moody Blues Cruise. Deluxe PickleNet Portable Rolling Net stowed away easily (<not expensive, either are paddles and onix balls). Cruise ships sport courts are ideal for the pickleball player (and anyone from 9-90, easy to learn and less stressful than tennis, etc.). Pickleball should be promoted as a natural combination to attract seniors (and the young) who love cruises and pickleball. More cruises are being planned! How 'bout it Getaway? I'd be glad to help others learn. It's such a great, social, fun, addictive sport!:):):D:cool:

• Like 1

Would love to be able to play pickleball (fastest growing sport) December 4-11, 2016. Check out blog.pickleballcentral.com.

....that's funny, it was the fastest growing sport in 1984 when we played it in University..... must be a very slow fast growing sport. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Is pickleball the same thing as paddle tennis (also known as platform tennis)?

Pickleball is a combination of tennis, badminton and pingpong. Great sport for all ages, just to have fun. Court same size as badminton (20x44), slightly modified tennis net (36 in hi) played with solid paddle and wiffle like ball. Highly addictive-great social game. Google for more!

Would love to be able to play pickleball (fastest growing sport) December 4-11, 2016. Check out blog.pickleballcentral.com. Played on the NCL Pearl to the Caribbean on their Moody Blues Cruise. Deluxe PickleNet Portable Rolling Net stowed away easily (<not expensive, either are paddles and onix balls). Cruise ships sport courts are ideal for the pickleball player (and anyone from 9-90, easy to learn and less stressful than tennis, etc.). Pickleball should be promoted as a natural combination to attract seniors (and the young) who love cruises and pickleball. More cruises are being planned! How 'bout it Getaway? I'd be glad to help others learn. It's such a great, social, fun, addictive sport!:):):D:cool:

I'll be bringing two pickleball paddles and a few balls if anyone's interested. Hoping to play on tennis court on NCL GETAWAY DEC 4-11...

-anyone want to join me....????

I will be on the Dec 4th sail on the Gem. I am also looking to play PB. Too bad we weren't on the same cruise.

Several years ago, I had a group of clients travelling and they wanted to play pickleball. I contacted the cruise line, got certain people involved, and they set up a time and place for them to play so that they wouldn't have to worry about securing the space themselves.

In the intervening years, I've seen more and more mention of pickleball, especially in colleges, since my son is now a freshman, and we spent many hours looking over the different offerings, and the many activities each school offered.

I always felt that I was at the front end of the pickleball craze.

Too bad SharonRochester! Enjoy your cruise.

Njmomof2 id like to find someone to help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had a group of about 10-12 people travelling, so the line was more willing to help set up a specific time when they could play. I'll look around and see if I can find any of the contact people I used.

Too bad SharonRochester! Enjoy your cruise.

Njmomof2 id like to find someone to help!

I emailed NCL and asked if Pickleball is on the Gem. They called me to tell me they contacted the ship. The Gem has Paddles on board, but no balls (easy enough). We will just have to chalk the lines, if I can get a game going.

Thank you njmomof2! Greatly appreciated! Just celebrated Delray Tennis Center giving us 8 relined tennis courts last week. We thought we'd be happy if 50 people showed up. Weren't we surprised there were well over 150 who showed up to learn basics! That was with No advertising/food or drink! Going to tweet about the celebration later or tomorrow. I think I'll also tweet COO of NCL. I have 2 paddles, can get a few more probably. Will

bring tape, scissors, tape measure and balls. Thx so much! ❤️[emoji971]❤️

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

I just googled it-looks like there's a tennis court aboard so u S/b in luck! Unfortunately, I wasn't as lucky. Went to 16th deck, checked out the bball court-lots of kids/players there shooting hoops. I would suggest asking repeatedly in forum. Although I brought paddles (4), painters tape/measuring tape-I kinda lost interest! Came home and started playing! Such a wonderful sport, isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Whatever the pickleball industry is paying you as a lobbyist, they should double it!

• 2 months later...

I hate cruises. Days with nothing to do but eat. Gained 10lbs on my last cruise. But if they offered Pickleball I would cruise every month. Not only is it fast growing, it's a super social sport. Unlike tennis its customary to meet other couples at the court and just offer to play. Its fun, great exercise and easy to learn. Smart cruislines should offer pickleball cruises, and be amazed at how many would jump aboard.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for all the enthusiastic postings promoting PICKLEBALL!!! i certainly hope to play lots of pickleball on the upcoming inaugural cruise of the Majestic Princess. i would grateful for any info any cruisers have on pickleball on the other Princess vessels. THANKS!

• 2 weeks later...

Taking our first cruise on the Norwegian Dawn out of New Orleans on April 9th. Cruising with another couple. The four of us play pickleball. We are bringing our paddles, tape, and a couple of balls. Hoping they have a tennis net we can set up and line a pickleball court. Would like to contact them to reserve court time. Is this possible?

• 11 months later...
What deck do you think it's on on the Epic?

The Regal had it on the Princess Patter almost every day for OPen PLay, so I was in Heaven! I even rounded up people at other times as well.

I'll check on my roll call for others for our TA sailing in April.

Any word about pickle ball nets on the NCL Epic?