LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas! - Nov 12, 2016/ 8 night Eastern Caribbean

ckrobyn

Robyn/Shar, the last time I logged on to CC was AUGUST!!! :eek: I'll be here every few hours for the next week looking forward to your posts!! Can't wait to be there with you again....have a foo foo for me :)

Welcome back! We are wishing you were here with us - we had such a good time last year.

A few of us are doing it all again on February 18th, hop onboard! ☀️[emoji267]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the first night's menu as requested

b687e9de25da2d3425578c33dbdc5fbb.jpg

Dessert

376e51899699ce62492db012346dd29b.jpg

We are sailing in March so following. I am not happy with some of the changes that I see on the menu since our last cruise for the Moho selection.

Starters: no Escargots and no Shrimp Cocktail. Main Courses: no Prime Rib...replaced with Slow-Roasted Beef Striploin. Classics: no Manhattan Strip Steak. Desserts are all the same.

The Escargot and Shrimp Cocktail would be our primary selections. Not much left except I believe I remember the Smoked Fish Rillettes being pretty good. I hate that the Prime Rib is gone. The Strip Steak was a decent choice (remembering that it is cruise ship food)...as this was my son's go-to when there was nothing else on the menu that he liked. I hate to see it go as I would usually have at least one night as well.

Please keep posting the menus for each night as I would really like to compare what is still available.

Thanks

We are sailing in March so following. I am not happy with some of the changes that I see on the menu since our last cruise for the Moho selection.

Starters: no Escargots and no Shrimp Cocktail. Main Courses: no Prime Rib...replaced with Slow-Roasted Beef Striploin. Classics: no Manhattan Strip Steak. Desserts are all the same.

The Escargot and Shrimp Cocktail would be our primary selections. Not much left except I believe I remember the Smoked Fish Rillettes being pretty good. I hate that the Prime Rib is gone. The Strip Steak was a decent choice (remembering that it is cruise ship food)...as this was my son's go-to when there was nothing else on the menu that he liked. I hate to see it go as I would usually have at least one night as well.

Please keep posting the menus for each night as I would really like to compare what is still available.

Thanks

I agree with you 100%, they took everything off the menu that we would order.

I Am currently on independence and just saw Freedom pass just after MSC Devina. We ar currently off the coast of Cuba

We saw you too! Thanks for letting us know which ship. Gorgeous and sunny day at sea....

Apparently, I know what I'm talking about.:cool:

I agree with you 100%, they took everything off the menu that we would order.

Agreed. There are many things missing from the MDR menu. I will definitely keep posting each dinner menu. Our waiter said that shrimp cocktail is on the menu tonight, and it's the first formal night so that's not surprising.

I also mentioned the boarding day lunch wasn't the same either.....[emoji52]

How is the surf and stream . I think I read you have unlimited. I have the same in spring.

Good in cabin? Thanks,

Lol funny you should ask! I'm in my cabin and just tried to upload a few pics and it's pretty slow.....yes I have unlimited, and for the most part it's been really good. It says you'll be booted off after 2 hours of inactivity, but it's really more like 15 minutes [emoji849]

Really enjoying your live report, Robyn. I can't wait to sail Freedom for my TA in April. Quick question about your hotel. Was it easy going to 17th Street with the water taxi? Thanks and thank you for taking us along :)

Cindy

Hi Cindy, the water taxi was great, and really easy to navigate. We did all of the stops on the downtown route, I think there are at least 10-12? You'll enjoy it.

Our Meet and Mingle was huge! Probably the most well attended I've ever been to [emoji106] There were a lot of prizes, unfortunately I was not one of the lucky ones....

5cfad12762a8a4e04ceae8b1b0d0e80a.jpg

Our slot pull is in an hour, hopefully we hit it big! [emoji3]

Hi Cindy, the water taxi was great, and really easy to navigate. We did all of the stops on the downtown route, I think there are at least 10-12? You'll enjoy it.

Thank you. I'll do the water taxi for sure. If only deciding where to stay was so easy ;)

Cindy

Happy to hear you got the topper for the bed. We had what I thought was memory foam but whatever it was we slept great. We were just down the hall from you in 9360 two weeks ago. Unfortunately we had the lack of sun cruise, but it was still great. :) If you see the cabin steward Vince say hi from James and Eleanor from the last 7 day cruise from Port Canaveral. Probably won't remember us as they see so many. Like so many of the others he was a very hard working, nice person. I am enjoying your review and loving all the pics of the ship. Helps with post cruise depression. :D

Welcome to LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas! I'm very excited to be sailing on the Freedom again as it is definitely a favorite of mine [emoji106]

This cruise will take us to Labadee, San Juan, St. Kitts and St. Maarten. I have plans for most of these ports, and will be reporting on my day at each of them complete with commentary and pictures. Our cruise also has 3 sea days and I am looking forward to relaxing by the pool and enjoying everything Freedom has to offer. I will be posting often, and uploading pictures of the ship as long as the Internet is reliable. Feel free to ask questions as I do scroll back and try to answer all of them!

I'm cruising with 3 friends this time, in fact it's our 10th annual Girls Cruise which means no DH's and no kids [emoji483]Just 4 women on the high seas (okay hopefully not too high). I'm sailing solo in a D2 balcony on deck 9, and the view should be amazing as it is a center hump.

I have just checked in to my pre-cruise hotel, the Toronto Airport Marriott, it's a full service Marriott that I have stayed in many times. I will be receiving a wake up call at 3A.M, and our flight to Fort Lauderdale is at 6A.M ✈️

I will be spending 2 nights at the Courtyard Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach in a fantastic corner ocean view room

e0022a5dfd32e3a41de1c787851c4650.jpg

The weather forecast in Fort Lauderdale is calling for sunny skies and temps in the 80's.

☀️

Looking forward to sharing my cruise adventures with you!

We are doing the same itinerary next Feb-would you happen to remember which night they had the Pomodoro menu in the Dining Room?-we would like to go to Chops one night and that looks like the least exciting menu

Thanks

The one good thing about boarding later is we basically went straight to our cabins - mine is 9342 which is a center hump and the location is perfect

We will be in the stateroom next to you next month, 9340. Is there any noise issues? Our last cruise we ended up with the gym above us, thought they were going to come though the ceiling eveytime they dropped the weights.

We will be in the stateroom next to you next month, 9340. Is there any noise issues? Our last cruise we ended up with the gym above us, thought they were going to come though the ceiling eveytime they dropped the weights.

Great location and cabins above and below you. I doubt that the folks in the suite above you will be dropping weights. Now, their all night party might be another issue.:p

No noise whatsoever. This cabin is in a perfect location, you will love it for sure [emoji106]

Happy to hear you got the topper for the bed. We had what I thought was memory foam but whatever it was we slept great. We were just down the hall from you in 9360 two weeks ago. Unfortunately we had the lack of sun cruise, but it was still great. :) If you see the cabin steward Vince say hi from James and Eleanor from the last 7 day cruise from Port Canaveral. Probably won't remember us as they see so many. Like so many of the others he was a very hard working, nice person. I am enjoying your review and loving all the pics of the ship. Helps with post cruise depression. :D

Vincent is my stateroom attendant, and I will say hi to him for you [emoji4].

Bad weather on a cruise is tough to take, but I'll take it over a day in the office! So far our weather has been great ☀️

Edited by ckrobyn

Vincent is my stateroom attendant, and I will say hi to him for you [emoji4].

Bad weather on a cruise is tough to take, but I'll take it over a day in the office! So far our weather has been great ☀️

Have you uncorked that bottle of champagne that i saw in one of your pictures?

What time is arrival in Labadee tomorrow? Be careful someone on another thread was writing about jellyfish stings that they recently got there. Yup, always looking out for my Canadian friend.:)