Best Beach Cozumel

Sacandjac

My husband and I would like to visit a beach when we are in Cozumel. We've been several times and have always done excursions provided thru Carnival. Lots of time the travel time eats into beach time or the excursion is not what you think its going to be. We would maybe like to take a taxi from the port to a beach and spend the day.... Any suggestions??

Very easy to get your own taxi on Cozumel. Lots of taxis available and waiting at the popular tourist places.

Unlike some ports, the Cozumel forum is very busy. Take a look down the last page of posts to see what type of place appeals to you. The popular places are discussed and reviewed over and over.

You need to decide if you want active/quiet, AI/ PAYG before anyone can make suggestions.

Just the two of you? :confused:

Pay as you go with great facilities and a huge pool - Paradise Beach

Quiet, not crowded (limited to 100 guests per day) all-inclusive - Nachi Cocom

All-inclusive and a more lively atmosphere (and also more crowded) - Mr. Sanchos

There are several others, but these are the popular three.

Paradise Beach is the best for me, it is not inclusive 3$ fee per person to get in and you need to spent 10$ per person in food and/or drinks. I have visited them a lot in the past and I haven't search for an alternative. I don't want to pay for water toys or unlimited food or drink ( I get that at the ship)so Paradise beach is always our best option

Paradise Beach is the best for me, it is not inclusive 3$ fee per person to get in and you need to spent 10$ per person in food and/or drinks. I have visited them a lot in the past and I haven't search for an alternative. I don't want to pay for water toys or unlimited food or drink ( I get that at the ship)so Paradise beach is always our best option

I read some commentst that the beach is very rocky and difficult to enter, is that the case?

My favorite beach is the one I am on with a drink in my hand. But serious there are so many good choices and options in Coz. Decide what you want and what price and read some more. For me its Nachi Cocom. Good food, smaller crowd, nice pool, wife says the massages are great. Drinks are good. 15 minute ride by taxi.

Going back in December, being Coz is our last stop I will want relaxed. That's Nachi

• 3 weeks later...

We've been to Coz several times, cruise and land. We like going to the other side of the island. The beaches are nice and far less crowded. We like Chen Rio. It's on the small side, but the water is pretty. They have a little restaurant, and as of the last time I was there (several years ago, though) the food and margaritas were really good. It's about a 20-25 minute cab ride.

We've been to Coz several times, cruise and land. We like going to the other side of the island. The beaches are nice and far less crowded. We like Chen Rio. It's on the small side, but the water is pretty. They have a little restaurant, and as of the last time I was there (several years ago, though) the food and margaritas were really good. It's about a 20-25 minute cab ride.

We like the east side too but you need to arrange a return taxi, ( or have one wait) or self-drive.

Last time we were at Chen Rio there were two beach bars.

We love Cozumel and it's such an easy port to get around in and so many options. I have done several of the beaches and have reviews in my signature line if you are interested in taking a look. They all have TONS of pictures to help you see what it's like. :)

We like the east side too but you need to arrange a return taxi, ( or have one wait) or self-drive.

Last time we were at Chen Rio there were two beach bars.

We typically arrange a time for the cab driver to come back and pick us up at a specified time. How are the beach bars at Chen Rio these days? Do they still serve that amazing seafood platter?

We typically arrange a time for the cab driver to come back and pick us up at a specified time. How are the beach bars at Chen Rio these days? Do they still serve that amazing seafood platter?

Sorry can't help with food - we have only stopped for a drink once. It has probably been a 2-3 years since we were there and we were checking it out for a future visit with grandkids since it is supposed to be one of the few places with calmer water on the east side.

Seems to still get good reviews for food on TA and biggest complaint is cost. The other bar there is El Pescador, one would assume they do fish too!