FLL Pre-Cruise

CRUZERWANNABE

I know this has been asked many times, but my search is not revealing a lot of info. We are flying in to FLL on February 25 and need a room for one night. I know it is peak season and expect to pay quite a bit ( I just do not want to pay the same as my cruise cost. LOL) We get in about 7:30, so more than likely will grab something to eat at the airport. We had intended to stay on 17th ST to be near good restaurants and a place to grab water and soda, but now our flight gets in so late and Norwegian no longer allows water and soda to be carried on. We are now a bit more flexible in our choices, what would be a good, clean place near the airport?

The hotels/motels on State Rd 84 (AKA 24th St and Marina Mile Blvd) are closest to the airport and to the port. The nicest is Crowne Plaza on S Federal Hwy on the corner of the above street. Others are Best Western, Holiday Inn Express, and Hampton Inn. Some of these have free airport shuttles.

I know this has been asked many times, but my search is not revealing a lot of info. We are flying in to FLL on February 25 and need a room for one night. I know it is peak season and expect to pay quite a bit ( I just do not want to pay the same as my cruise cost. LOL) We get in about 7:30, so more than likely will grab something to eat at the airport. We had intended to stay on 17th ST to be near good restaurants and a place to grab water and soda, but now our flight gets in so late and Norwegian no longer allows water and soda to be carried on. We are now a bit more flexible in our choices, what would be a good, clean place near the airport?

Why on earth would you want to eat AT the airport?

Plenty of reasonable GOOD restaurants around.

There are many good hotels just 10-15 minutes from the airport, many with free shuttles.

We have enjoyed stays at the Hyatt Place on 17th and the Renissance.

There are many good hotels just 10-15 minutes from the airport, many with free shuttles.

We have enjoyed stays at the Hyatt Place on 17th and the Renissance.

We were at the Hyatt Place on 17th last night. Free shuttle to the hotel from the airport. Very nice hotel booked on value trips dot com for short money. Mall close by with Publix Market for last minute things and wine. Lots of good eating places too. We are using Uber to get to the ship as the shuttles were full and the cost is $7 per person plus tips so Uber was quoted as $5 for an XL plus a tip so way less than the shuttle to the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums